Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sticky rubber and Dignics 09C
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sticky rubber and Dignics 09C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticky rubber and Dignics 09C
    Posted: 05/25/2020 at 9:26am
Hi,

This is from the posted ITTF article on the great Werner Schlager; his quote:

Furthermore, when playing against Chinese players, I had to adapt within the game to their sticky rubbers, although I had the advantage of having Chen Weixing as a team member, who used a sticky rubber too.

Werner has commented to me that the effects on the ball of the "Chinese rubbers" are distinctive, distinctive from the European/Japanese rubbers to a degree that an adjustment needs to be made by those playing against these rubbers.

I have noticed in the few Dignics 09C reviews that include comments on the play dynamic effects of 09C against opponents that a certain higher effectiveness seems to be realized with 09C when compared with Dignics 05 and the Tenergy series.  Coupling the observation from at least two reviews that described 09C as "semi-sticky," I'm curious if some or most of this perceived additional effectiveness may be attributed to the stickiness attribute that results in the playing-effect distinctiveness associated with the Chinese-type rubbers.

Thanks. 

"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Furthermore, when playing against Chinese players, I had to adapt within the game to their sticky rubbers, although I had the advantage of having Chen Weixing as a team member, who used a sticky rubber too.

Werner has commented to me that the effects on the ball of the "Chinese rubbers" are distinctive, distinctive from the European/Japanese rubbers to a degree that an adjustment needs to be made by those playing against these rubbers.

I have noticed in the few Dignics 09C reviews that include comments on the play dynamic effects of 09C against opponents that a certain higher effectiveness seems to be realized with 09C when compared with Dignics 05 and the Tenergy series.  Coupling the observation from at least two reviews that described 09C as "semi-sticky," I'm curious if some or most of this perceived additional effectiveness may be attributed to the stickiness attribute that results in the playing-effect distinctiveness associated with the Chinese-type rubbers.

Thanks. 

Definitely.  You can play both European and Chinese shots with the rubber, but neither are quite as good as what you would get with a pure form of either rubber. The main advantage of 09c over something like H3 National is no boosting is required.  I suspect some high level players will follow Timo in using the rubber on both sides. 

I remember when Timo was playing Groth in the European Games last year and he twiddle a lot and saw all kinds of interesting results.  I think that was part of what motivated him to put 09C on both sides.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2020 at 4:59pm
Sure, tacky rubbers have a different kick

Whether you can make use of this at whatever level you play at is a different question

Edited by SmackDAT - 05/25/2020 at 4:59pm
Donic Crest OFF FL
Victas V>15 Extra Max
Victas V>15 Extra Max
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2020 at 8:38am
Hi,

I remember when Timo was playing Groth in the European Games last year and he twiddle a lot and saw all kinds of interesting results.  I think that was part of what motivated him to put 09C on both sides.

This is a subtle yet interesting development in the sport.  The function of "twiddling" held no historic place among the inverted-both-sides offensive rubber players; the function was the sole reserve of the classic combination racket players.  Then, some of the Chinese started a bit of this new method when they were smashing against lobs, as they long have had since the Sriver days the European/Japanese--Chinese rubber combination racket; this racket-combination option ignored by virtually everyone else until very recently with Ishikawa and others attempted to gain the perceived benefits the Chinese have realized.

It is a valid speculation that this history was promotional at Butterfly to seek to produce a rubber that interweaves the desired qualities in the two offensive rubber category types.  While we have historic examples of this attempt in the past, Dignics 09c may very well be the breakthrough to actualize this sought-after theme.

Thanks. 

"Speed kills but technical speed absolutely annihilates defenders." Mia Hamm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

In an interview after that match, Timo said he twiddled because the different rubbers caused the ball to behave differently and he was trying to throw Groth off.  It was definitely an interesting tactic.  But if he's using D09C on both sides now, then I guess he's decided it wasn't that important of a tactic (since he no longer has two different rubbers).
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2020 at 7:30am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

In an interview after that match, Timo said he twiddled because the different rubbers caused the ball to behave differently and he was trying to throw Groth off.  It was definitely an interesting tactic.  But if he's using D09C on both sides now, then I guess he's decided it wasn't that important of a tactic (since he no longer has two different rubbers).

If you use Dignics 09C you will see that it is capable of producing shots with different qualities.   I suspect that Timo can still do similar things using 09C on both sides.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2020 at 12:46am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks. 

I'm actually quite intrigued by this description, I'm using a softer version  of the H3 provincial orange sponge on the BH and it's pretty much bad for topspin rallying but really good for service return, opening loops and control (this is the key tradeoff here)... I wonder if Dignics would be able to give me the best of both worlds? Ie deadish response with control shots, but with an added gear that I can really load up on the spin and power when I so wish?

Edited by blahness - 06/04/2020 at 12:49am
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic