Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm coming back to TT and I have questions/concern
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm coming back to TT and I have questions/concern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm coming back to TT and I have questions/concern
    Posted: 06/01/2020 at 9:28pm
Hi everyone,

I used to be active in this forum many many years ago. I used to play TT every single day back in my high school and university days. I loved the sport so very much. I remember taking part time summer jobs, just so I had money to pay for the expensive coaching. I LOVED practicing so much and doing drills.

After I finished with my studies, I established my own business and that took away all my time and I had to forcefully 'retired' from TT. I have been away from TT for about 4 years now.

I'd like to come back and play as often as I can (my business is well established and does not need me as much). I realize that a lot of things have probably changed. What should I be looking out for? Anyone else that came back to the sport.. what did you find the most difficult?

PS: Anyone in Toronto/CCTTA or any other clubs down to play? Probably not too safe due to COVID19, but after? I'd love to meet you guys.
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
Sponsored Links

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2020 at 1:59pm
When you were playing still, did you use plastic ball at that time? If not, that's the biggest change and you need improve your muscle. 
EJbug View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by lgxb lgxb wrote:

When you were playing still, did you use plastic ball at that time? If not, that's the biggest change and you need improve your muscle. 

He said didn't play 4 years. Plastic ball exist much longer.
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2020 at 6:45pm
No, I have to get used to the new balls... never played with them.

Are they supposed to be slower? How's looping/topspin with them?
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2020 at 8:19am
it's a step towards tennis. Less spin.  Longer, more physical rallies.  When it's humid the game turns into kind of a wet clay court tennis feel to me.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2020 at 3:17am
Hey Pipigrande!

Yes I've been wondering where u been. I moved to Vancouver man!
Anyway good luck!

I might go visit in December. I'll let you know.

FdT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic