Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LYTTC tournament results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LYTTC tournament results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LYTTC tournament results
    Posted: 07/19/2020 at 7:14am
Hi,

Why are the LYTTC tournament results from Saturday not available on Omnipong?

Thanks.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Sponsored Links

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Because whoever the tournament director is didn’t click the upload and publish tab in Omnipong. Maybe they still need to go thru and double check that all the results were entered properly. 
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Because whoever the tournament director is didn’t click the upload and publish tab in Omnipong. Maybe they still need to go thru and double check that all the results were entered properly. 
It is also possible they collected registration with Omnipong but managed the tournament with other software.   Entirely speculating here.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 11:33am

Hi,

Thanks.
Here’s a idea, go to Omnipong and click on Judy Hugh’s name and send her a email asking her when the results will be posted online. Maybe she/they aren’t aware that the results can posted online. Remember they were using the tournament Barry Dattel had created to run their tournaments for many years.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

It is also possible they collected registration with Omnipong but managed the tournament with other software.   Entirely speculating here.
I guess that’s possible but it would be kind of redundant. Of all the tournament formats to run on Omnipong giant RR is probably the easiest to do.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 5:22pm
Hi,

Thanks for the comments.  A great strength of Omnipong is the immediacy of the results publication online.

A big round of applause is due the USATT in its remarkably improved rating processing that results in ONE DAY ratings' calculations turnaround for individual tournaments.  I know both MDTTC and Westchester held two day (Saturday and Sunday) tournaments that had their ratings published online on Monday, THE NEXT DAY.

BRAVO!

Thanks.
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 5:32pm
Donn, did you see any video of yesterday's tournament on the Lily Yip TTC facebook page? There's about 11 hours worth of content.
A masseuse practicing social distancing rubs me the wrong way.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Donn, did you see any video of yesterday's tournament on the Lily Yip TTC facebook page? There's about 11 hours worth of content.

Thanks so much for the tip.  Silly me, I looked on their club website and couldn't find any of the video, as well as failed to find the match results anywhere.  

As I have found often, with "multi-media", I'm never sure where to look for things.  I suppose looking on the website is old fashioned.

Thanks again!
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 11:07pm

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.  A great strength of Omnipong is the immediacy of the results publication online.

A big round of applause is due the USATT in its remarkably improved rating processing that results in ONE DAY ratings' calculations turnaround for individual tournaments.  

The way things are now, I'd rather find out covid-19 test results of the participants than their rating results. 
A masseuse practicing social distancing rubs me the wrong way.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

The way things are now, I'd rather find out covid-19 test results of the participants than their rating results. 

LOL
*sigh*
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2020 at 5:18pm

Hi,

A big round of applause is due the USATT in its remarkably improved rating processing that results in ONE DAY ratings' calculations turnaround for individual tournaments.  I know both MDTTC and Westchester held two day (Saturday and Sunday) tournaments that had their ratings published online on Monday, THE NEXT DAY.

BRAVO!

Thanks.
westchester uses barry datel's software to run the tournament we upload them sunday nights as soon as the tournament is finished
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic