Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 WTTC in Houston is no more.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2021 WTTC in Houston is no more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 WTTC in Houston is no more.
    Posted: 07/28/2020 at 10:14pm
Houston has officially withdrawn their offer to host the event as scheduled (due to a number of factors – including the proximity of the event as it was scheduled to the re-scheduled Olympics) – but it is my understanding that the ITTF has not yet made an official announcement because (I believe) they are still trying to work out how they are going to handle World Championships in 2021 (and beyond) – again in light of the rescheduled Olympics, etc..
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 10:18pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Houston has officially withdrawn their offer to host the event as scheduled (due to a number of factors – including the proximity of the event as it was scheduled to the re-scheduled Olympics) – but it is my understanding that the ITTF has not yet made an official announcement because (I believe) they are still trying to work out how they are going to handle World Championships in 2021 (and beyond) – again in light of the rescheduled Olympics, etc..

From three different sources, my understanding is the USATT still retains the bid to host the World Championships.  It is now to the USATT to find another city to host the tournament.  There is some time frame for the USATT to identify and secure an agreement with another city.

Thanks.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Features/2020/July/27/T2-Challenge

Show must go on ......
Did they forget to change the website?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic