Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Has the pandemic cured your EJ disease?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Has the pandemic cured your EJ disease?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has the pandemic cured your EJ disease?
    Posted: 08/25/2020 at 10:18am
I tried to set it as a poll, but somehow can not create a poll thread. Interesting to see.

Edited by kindof99 - 08/28/2020 at 5:53pm
Sponsored Links

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 11:45am
No way!  Pandemic makes ej the only tt entertainment available.  Ejing more than ever.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 12:49pm
in the last several months I ej more than before. but now, with all the blades lying around and no one to play with, I guess ej comes to an end now. :-)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 2:20pm
 I keep buying but nobody buys from me so I am running out of room to store my tt stuff, it does have a smell of the end of the world of tt as we know it.
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 3:10pm
I found that varnished blades (satin look) have great decorative value (the various top wood choices). Also I limit myself to cost-effective blades & rubbers. I do have time so I can wait the 2 months for the shipping from princett.com. Also there is the German concept of "Vorfreude" (pre-joy) which is the joy of waiting which is thereby maximized...
Sanwei Fextra, Nittaku FastArc G1 / Moristo SP
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 6:33pm
THIS THREAD IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

There is no cure.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
tzo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I tried to set it as a poll, but somehow can not create a poll thread. Interesting to see.

What is your interpretation of the term EJ ?
And why do you think it should be cured ? 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 11:12pm
Never had EJ in the beginning, i'm more of a TJ (technique junkie :P)
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

totally with you on that one

Edited by Tt Gold - 08/26/2020 at 8:54am
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 12:22pm
Not cured, still interested in light rubbers of medium hardness.
But I only bought a robot.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I think that you'll find that EJ are also TJ. It helps to justify them buying defence blades, Penhold blades, LP/MP/SP rubbers even though they are Shakehand inverted rubber all-round players 90% of the timeLOL.
>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.
Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05 and Darker Imperial with D80/D05.

Delusion is an asset
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 2:19pm
exactly,

EJ >> TJ
Smile
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I think that you'll find that EJ are also TJ. It helps to justify them buying defence blades, Penhold blades, LP/MP/SP rubbers even though they are Shakehand inverted rubber all-round players 90% of the timeLOL.

LOL hahaha I guess that works too! LOL
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 8:54am
Hi,

IN PRAISE OF THE EJ

Permit me this brief moment to praise the EJ.  This constituency is a very major contributor to the sport of table tennis.  Through their diligent efforts, our community's understanding of equipment is raised in height and expanded in size to a enormous degree.  

Personally, 95% of my equipment knowledge is a direct result of their investigations.  Not in any way trivial, the importance of equipment in table tennis is very high indeed.  Without the EJ information base, so many would be diminished.

Unique in its contribution, the value of the EJ service to the sport is transformative in the scope of richness that it imbues table tennis with.

Thanks.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 4:05pm
With more than a dozen blades in the past 5 months no!!! Adfong to that almost 2 dozen rubbers lol. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 5:47pm
In late April and May I thought I was cured, but this has no cure. I already bought a new blade.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 9:02am
there is no cure! Only the desire to test more! Bwahahaha 😜
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2020 at 10:10am
Not sure what to do there, on the Sanwei web site at https://sanweisport.com/english/index.php/product/fextra/ they say "The Fextra is no longer in production. It is now upgraded to Fextra One." I may have to get myself a lifetime's supply of old Fextra blades, I really like the handle (it is a little thicker than on other blades). Or maybe get a "Fextra One" once it shows up on princett.com and check it out. Maybe it makes me a better player. Or get the closest blade from Yinhe, the PD-437 was pretty good too. So in summary, EJ can't be cured.
Sanwei Fextra, Nittaku FastArc G1 / Moristo SP
fmarek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2020 at 8:22am
Common, now, in additional to blades and rubbers people start filling in their garage spaces with tables, robots and return boards. I'd say EJ gone to another level :))

RE: Fextra. 
By reading their catalogue of 2020, it looks like Sanwei just changed the colour of the handle. Now it does not look like Stiga anymore.

Edited by fmarek - 09/06/2020 at 9:35am
Stiga Rosewood XO, FH: Sanwei Target National MAX, BH: 729 Presto MAX Spin
Stiga Celero, FH: DHS Hurricane 8 H40, BH: 729 Presto MAX Spin
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2020 at 4:03am
Without experiment progression is hindered.
Had a eureka moment with new set up,only one session then lockdown ,still wondering if it's as good as the first impression,tt season approaches but lockdown is back Disapprove ..still wondering
Balsa 2.5 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox red

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2020 at 10:56am
I experience another version of EJ: I change my setup once per month or so,
circling through paddles I already own. I only train with family, no points since March 3rd.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic