Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NON-USATT League Software?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NON-USATT League Software?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrLee4ATTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NON-USATT League Software?
    Posted: 08/25/2020 at 3:42pm
Does anyone know of a software program or app we could use to run an in-house league that is not connected to the USATT system? 
Lee
Sponsored Links

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by MrLee4ATTC MrLee4ATTC wrote:

Does anyone know of a software program or app we could use to run an in-house league that is not connected to the USATT system? 
You could use Rating Central to process your league results 

Edited by Vince64 - 08/25/2020 at 3:50pm
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Thanks - looks like a viable option!
Lee
tzo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 5:31pm

So are you saying we can no longer use USATT league rating software for free ?  

Maybe USATT is mad or caught on because someone ran many tournaments & official state championship using USATT league software to get results processed free and using modified ITTF rules that promoted diversity of playing styles & bypassing (having to hire and pay) USATT for referee & sanctioning fees ?  

I personally strongly disapprove of David Marcus' Rating Central because it is inherently skewed due to being anti-long-pips by design (similar to systemic racism) with ridiculously wide standard deviations for long-pips players and I heard David Marcus also refused to process the ratings  when asked if he would accept modified rules.  It is interesting because he would have most likely processed it, if had not been asked first ....more so because his ratings are also probably skewed due to possible submission of fraudulent results (similar to voter fraud) from many countries (I may be wrong but I looked at some ratings from some other countries and they seemed suspect) 

Another big problem with David Marcus method is that their ratings are normalized to any top value & keep going well over 3000 and this causes confusion when compared to USATT system because I don't think any player has a rating more than 3000 under USATT method.  (I am not sure what the highest is with USATT but around maybe 2950 ?) 

Edited by tzo - 08/25/2020 at 7:28pm
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by tzo tzo wrote:

Maybe USATT is mad or caught on because someone ran many tournaments & official state championship using USATT league software to get results processed free and using modified ITTF rules that promoted diversity of playing styles & bypassing (having to hire and pay) USATT for referee & sanctioning fees ?  

I personally strongly disapprove of David Marcus' Rating Central because it is inherently skewed due to being anti-long-pips by design (similar to systemic racism) with ridiculously wide standard deviations for long-pips players and I heard David Marcus also refused to process the ratings  when asked if he would accept modified rules.  It is interesting because he would have most likely processed it, if had not been asked first ....more so because his ratings are also probably skewed due to possible submission of fraudulent results (similar to voter fraud) from many countries (I may be wrong but I looked at some ratings from some other countries and they seemed suspect) 

Another big problem with David Marcus method is that their ratings are normalized to any top value & keep going well over 3000 and this causes confusion when compared to USATT system because I don't think any player has a rating more than 3000 under USATT method.  (I am not sure what the highest is with USATT but around maybe 2950 ?) 

No, I didn't say anything about not being able to use USATT league program. The OP asked what other options there were and I answered with another option. 
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
tzo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 1:08am

No, I didn't say anything about not being able to use USATT league program. The OP asked what other options there were and I answered with another option. 

I never said you said anything about not being able to use USATT program.I was just "asking" the OP if that was the case and then I went on to comment about Rating Central.
Sorry it was my fault that I did not clarify that question was for the OP & did not mean to accuse of anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 6:52am

I never said you said anything about not being able to use USATT program.I was just "asking" the OP if that was the case and then I went on to comment about Rating Central.
Sorry it was my fault that I did not clarify that question was for the OP & did not mean to accuse of anything

Although our club has been partially opened since mid-May with a reservation system, we haven’t held any league play since March. In the interim, most of our players’ USATT memberships have expired due to the lack of tournaments over the past 5+ months. 

That said, we are looking into some sort of organized competitive structure to spice up action at the club and get more players back to the tables. Since the USATT system will only show ratings for active USATT members and that it’s unlikely that our club members will pay to renew their USATT membership just to participate in a league, I’m looking into other options that will give us what we need, a structured system to process results from our own, “in-house” competitive format.

Whatever system we wind up using, due to COVID-19, the plan is to make it a “non-linear” format in which players can challenge each other on any day/time of their choosing and then submit results for processing.

Obviously, I am in the process of looking into the best way for us to achieve our objectives and that’s why I posted my question.

Lee
SignatureDish81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SignatureDish81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 7:40am
Check out https://a2msports.com/ . Can do tournaments and flex-leagues with that website.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrLee4ATTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2020 at 8:22am
Originally posted by SignatureDish81 SignatureDish81 wrote:

Check out https://a2msports.com/ . Can do tournaments and flex-leagues with that website.
Thank you!
Lee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic