Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Order from oversea in the pandemic?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Order from oversea in the pandemic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order from oversea in the pandemic?
    Posted: 08/29/2020 at 10:05pm
Has anyone in the US ordered from TT11 recently? Will the shipping be delayed a lot due to the pandemic? I am really hesitant to order anything from oversea at the moment, since the shipping might take a long time.

Edited by kindof99 - 08/31/2020 at 5:54pm
Sponsored Links

lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 9:56am
Last time I ordered in June, it arrive in 4 days. It really depends on when you order -- early in the week or late, so if you order before Tuesday, it probably will arrive Friday. Otherwise it will arrive early next week -- Mon. or Tues.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 10:23am
I ordered from them a couple of times recently and orders were fulfilled in good time.

But if you have any doubts you would probably be better of to actually send TT11 a message, I'm sure they'll respond and let you know if there are any issues.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 12:22pm
It is good to know. It appears that TT japan stops to ship to USA ATM.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

It is good to know. It appears that TT japan stops to ship to USA ATM.
Not quite correct! Japanese post doesn’t ship to the USA but you can have items shipped by DHL but that’s more expensive.
Stiga ALL 2000 '76; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2020 at 9:59pm
 Just received a Stiga  Legacy Carbon from them a few days ago. Shipping times were just as they always are to the US about 4 days.
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 5:12pm
Same here. Normal shipping times within the past month.
Get on the early bird list for my new book: Peak Performance Table Tennis.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 5:53pm
Cool. Let the EJ rock.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 5:55pm
how about shipping from china? I just modified the post to include shipping from all foreign countries. Shipping using postal office system might have problem atm, by DHL seems to work?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

how about shipping from china? I just modified the post to include shipping from all foreign countries. Shipping using postal office system might have problem atm, by DHL seems to work?

DHL seems to work ok, but if a vendor uses some other shipping method from China you may wait for months (in my experience).  Something I ordered in May (not TT related) arrived at the post office in Xiamen in May and proceeded to sit there for weeks and weeks.  I got it last week.  Something I ordered about the same time from another vendor was shipped by DHL, I got it in about ten days.

Edited by Baal - 08/31/2020 at 7:22pm
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 4:23pm
I shipped a package using standard mail (from US) to a friend in Australia back in March.  It took 3 months before she received the package.

TT11 ships everything via DHL.  I would think any express/overnight service should not be a problem.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 9:02am
the EJ virus is stronger than covid.

Recently, i just got fedex orders from japan both got here in days.  My order from UK within 2 weeks.  Order from spain within 2 weeks; from hong kong a month ( i think seller was slow in mailing rubbers)  and tabletennis11 no issues

My only issue was a blade from czech republic, it tool 2 months, and once it left czech replblic i could not track it in US.

Edited by ericto - 09/02/2020 at 9:03am
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
kindof99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

the EJ virus is stronger than covid.

Recently, i just got fedex orders from japan both got here in days.  My order from UK within 2 weeks.  Order from spain within 2 weeks; from hong kong a month ( i think seller was slow in mailing rubbers)  and tabletennis11 no issues

My only issue was a blade from czech republic, it tool 2 months, and once it left czech replblic i could not track it in US.

WHich site did you order from Japan?
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 4:14pm
tabletennis11 less than a week, 100% reliable.
princett.com was 2 to 2.5 months (surface mail) but now they are shipping the normal way again but not to Austin, see their web site. I always got my orders fulfilled and get additional 2 months of anticipation with it for free.
Also it looks like Yinhe has every combination of wood and carbon layers in a blade so you can run full factorial experiments if you order enough blades.
Sanwei Fextra, Nittaku FastArc G1 / Moristo SP
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 4:34pm
To kindof99
They were individual sellers on ebay

Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2020 at 4:51am
i had parcels coming from all over and if you use fedex or DHL, the delay is more  on the customs. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic