Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thickness of Clipper vs Clipper CR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thickness of Clipper vs Clipper CR
    Posted: 11/17/2020 at 8:45pm
One of my friend boost his H3, but the rest use it as it is.  I did not boost either. 

I came across AK-47 while trying to replace my Mark V, and it performs quite well for cheap rubber.

Edited by doraemon - 11/17/2020 at 9:27pm
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Sponsored Links

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2020 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

hopping on this thread to ask a somewhat related question - what’s your favorite FH rubber for clipper (not CR not WRB)? 

I have tried H3, Xiom Vega Pro, AK-47 blue, EL-P, Mark V and they are compatible with Clipper Wood.

However, most of my friends use H3 on Clipper Wood and Clipper CR.  And they are doing fine.

Currently, I am using Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, which suits me very well, with Vega Pro on FH and Mark V on BH.

Do your friends boost their H3? I’m too lazy to boost rubbers regularly. 

Also wow there’s a rubber called AK-47???? I’ve been outta the TT loop for a few years 
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2020 at 3:35am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

hopping on this thread to ask a somewhat related question - what’s your favorite FH rubber for clipper (not CR not WRB)? 

I have tried H3, Xiom Vega Pro, AK-47 blue, EL-P, Mark V and they are compatible with Clipper Wood.

However, most of my friends use H3 on Clipper Wood and Clipper CR.  And they are doing fine.

Currently, I am using Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, which suits me very well, with Vega Pro on FH and Mark V on BH.

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2020 at 11:56pm
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2020 at 1:49am
Should be the same thickness. Variations of 6-7g or +/-0.2mm is not out of the ordinary.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2020 at 11:02pm
To clear some misunderstandings, I have already told you that I have compared them visually but I can't see any differences in thickness (please read my original post).  The only way to do it is to measure using caliper but I have also written in my original post that I don't have caliper.

Now, with differences only 0.1-0.2 mm, which is kind of hard to see visually, and also thinking of variation of production within 0.1-0.2 mm, my two blades can't be the basis of real fact (meaning that since mine are similar in thickness visually, thus I can firmly conclude that Clipper vs Clipper CR are the same in thickness).   But I can conclude the result if I have more samples (blades) to check.

That's why I asked you all here. 

EDIT:  In other words, the claim from the owner of Stiga official store who said that Clipper CR is a bit thinner, can't be verified by my own comparison visually.   Considering the variation in production, I ask if anybody here know for sure.  That's all.

Edited by doraemon - 09/22/2020 at 11:17pm
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2020 at 10:09pm
I agree with you. I don't understand why the original poster is curious about other clippers when he doesn't know his own blades?

Several generations of Clipper that I bought (non wrb and wrb) between the 1990's until maybe 2005 vintages usually ran between 6.8 to 7.0mm...

There's a great archived thread here:

or copy paste this into your browser and it will show you how to use google to search mytt's forums faster:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mytabletennis.net+clipper+thickness&oq=mytabletennis.net+clipper+thickness+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3.15159j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by icontek - 09/22/2020 at 10:15pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 5:54pm
And what I meant to elaborate to you was even without calliper you can put 2 blades one again another and see if they any difference. Yes, tt11 give some info that they got kind of thinner wich I doubt it. Can I have that opinion for myself too? Tnx.

Edited by stancuzi - 09/20/2020 at 5:55pm
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 5:43pm
I really don‘t understand your question too. Why I‘d be interested in smth.  about my own blades I already know?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 4:51pm
Over the years, the thicknesses of the Clipper and CR have changed. 

So I don't really understand your question.

Why would you care if other people's clippers are different from each other?

Are you not interested in the ones that you own?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2020 at 11:31am
Why don’t you just put them one against another and see the difference yourself???
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2020 at 11:26am
That’s not correct. I have 2 clippers CR and both are around 7 mm. thickness.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2020 at 3:06am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

Cr 6.4 v clipper 6.6 according to tt11

Thank you

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2020 at 2:36am
Cr 6.4 v clipper 6.6 according to tt11
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2020 at 10:55pm
I have two Clipper Wood and one Clipper CR.    I never think of measuring the thickness of them since I know that they are around 6.9-7.0 mm.

However, last week I met with a store owner who stated that Clipper CR is a bit thinner than Clipper Wood.

Now, I can't really tell visually when I compare them, and I also don't have caliper.

Can anybody confirm that Clipper CR is a bit thinner than Clipper Wood?

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic