Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Humid Conditions - No spin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Humid Conditions - No spin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humid Conditions - No spin
    Posted: 10/02/2020 at 7:08pm
As we're moving into the rainier days of autumn, I've started experiencing issues with the grip of my Tenergy 05. It's not just the wet weather - too many players in a small venue, all sweating and breathing will cause my rubber to be covered in a microfilm of steam too, completely changing the spin (especially looping) capabilities. 

Is there a solution to this? Would temperature have an effect too or is it just about the humidity? Would grippier tackier rubbers like Dignics 09c be less susceptible to this?

Sponsored Links

notfound123 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2020 at 7:34pm
During cold winter months I play tenergy, mxp, Victas.. anything fast and spinny. I am not too picky. When summer and humidity come, Victas v>15 is the only one that I like and that doesn't slip.
BTY Diode ST | V>15 Extra | Curl P4 1.0
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 12:44am
enjoy the antispin properties and abuse it lol...
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 10:22am
With hybrid or chinese rubber or with pips - almost does not matter if there is humidity or not
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Rollko Rollko wrote:

As we're moving into the rainier days of autumn, I've started experiencing issues with the grip of my Tenergy 05. It's not just the wet weather - too many players in a small venue, all sweating and breathing will cause my rubber to be covered in a microfilm of steam too, completely changing the spin (especially looping) capabilities. 

Is there a solution to this? Would temperature have an effect too or is it just about the humidity? Would grippier tackier rubbers like Dignics 09c be less susceptible to this?

I have horrible problems with this. Don't rub your rubbers or the salt in your sweat makes it worse.  I've even tried cleaning them with shaving cream at an anti fog.

Best to keep something around to wipe with so youre not tempted to rub it with your palms. I use too thin a brush, so I'm real succeptable

W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I have horrible problems with this. Don't rub your rubbers or the salt in your sweat makes it worse.  I've even tried cleaning them with shaving cream at an anti fog.

Best to keep something around to wipe with so youre not tempted to rub it with your palms. I use too thin a brush, so I'm real succeptable

I have horrible problems with this. Don't rub your rubbers or the salt in your sweat makes it worse.  I've even tried cleaning them with shaving cream as an anti fog.

[/QUOTE]

elius View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 5:10pm
I saw a chinese put a bag with rice in it on the rubber.
blade:haneyoshi

fh   :andro roxon 330 1.8

bh   :xiom yanus DF 1.5
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 6:05pm
Would Dignics 09C solve this?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 11:56pm
I remember training in Guangdong, China . . . no A/C. Everything was wet. Needed a towel for table and rubber. I tried to play with Tenergy and it was useless. Sticky Chinese rubbers were the only thing that would work under such humid conditions.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 4:33am

Would Dignics 09C solve this?

Nope, Dignics 09-C is the same. I have just experienced it several times since it is raining non stop for 3 weeks in Belgium. With non ventilated places full of breathing and sweating players, this is a real nigtmare because nothing is dry, your clothes, the ball, the rubbers, the ground, the air, the towels....
Only Chinese rubbers like H3 or H3 neo, TG 2 or 3  for instance are not affected by condensation, humidity but....you need to boost them regularly

Edited by kakapo - 10/06/2020 at 4:33am
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, victas V15 extra 2mm, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 4:36am
I'm not sure if tacky rubbers are immune -> I played with a lot of tacky rubbers and they definitely lose grip in humid conditions....
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 8:57am
I'm increasingly convinced the only solution is, learn to flat hit.  Those are the guys who thrive in the spinless, heavy conditions.

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 11:29am
time to hit with short pips
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
1dennistt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2020 at 2:51pm
I also use Victas V-15, and have not experienced any slipping.  Of course I've missed the most humid part of the year here while the club was shut down, but even playing in a not well vented area, I have not experienced any issues.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Victas V>15 Stiff (Black) Max, Dr Neubauer Killer Pro Evo (Red) 1.8 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic