Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Garage flooring suggestions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garage flooring suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garage flooring suggestions?
    Posted: 10/03/2020 at 1:23pm
Does anyone have some recommendations for a good, padded flooring in the garage? I'm not wanting to cover the entire ground, but just the area in front of my robot and table. Maybe 11 x 12 or so in total area. Right now I try to use those jigsaw foam mats that connect to each other, but any torquing causes them to slide and rip apart. 

I'd like something with good shock absorption and that wont slide on the floor. The downside for many is the grippy surface causes the shoes to catch... but oh well! 

Any ideas? 

Edited by obesechopper - 10/03/2020 at 1:24pm
Sponsored Links

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 3:13pm
I am very interested as well.

I followed http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic88582_page1.html#1099644 and looked closely at the suggestion there of https://www.wesellmats.com/24x24-13mm-thick-multi-purpose-mats/ but now I am afraid that the tiles will disconnect as in the original post.

In my case, I plan to install it wall-to-wall and maybe then the tiles will
stay together. Here is the choice I am considering:
https://www.wesellmats.com/15mm-forest-floor-printed-foam-mats/

Maybe I should buy
https://www.wesellmats.com/double-sided-flooring-tape/
as well?

Edited by pitigoi - 10/03/2020 at 3:26pm
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 10:03pm
if the foam mats are installed over cement, why not trying thin bands of double sided sticky tape along the edges. All 4 will be stretched in a way or another and the neighbor's ahead will help too. It is worth to try or is there still too much torque?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2020 at 11:18pm
If you are only sealing cement to limit dust, which is toxic, use AFM Safecoat Concrete Sealant/Paint. No VOC. I would seal it with AFM even if I used 1 inch subflooring with ply over it. Eliminate that cement dust!! Don't use toxic stuff!!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Fabian1890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 1:20pm
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 2:56am
Anyone has experience with playing on rubber floor? Too much friction?
I am now looking at
https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/rubber-roll/pre-cut-plyorobics-roll.html
as the foam tiles appear to be too flimsy and/or squishy based on reviews.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand: Stiga Allround WRB (71g)/Vega Europe max/Innova Ultra Light max (total 153g)
Fitness Friendship Fun
PongGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 2:03pm
Our Crossfit gym uses horse stall mats. They're very heavy and durable, but not interlocking (although you can buy them that way). They're not going shift around while you're moving on them. Not sure how they price out compared with the other alternatives you're considering, but they will do the job and should be readily available just about anywhere you live.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic