FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Need Lessons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan01 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Lessons
    Posted: 11/12/2020 at 8:37pm
Hi, I have been playing Table tennis recreationally with friends for a few years now. I am looking for some direction on proper technique to really improve my game. Is there anyone on here or who knows anyone who would do at home coaching? I live in Newcastle ( about 15 min east of Oshawa) and would pay for their time and travel to come out this way to teach me at my house.

Thanks, Dan
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2020 at 9:20pm
Dan01,

If you do not find a personal coach, I suggest you look at 2 websites that offer very good instructional videos.

Both offer basic videos for free (you do need to sign up and give them your e-mail address).  For a monthly fee you can get access to more advanced videos and I think both offer some limited review of a video/videos you send in to them.  

TTEdge has some very good info on training with a robot.  Pingskills is known for their super slow motion videos which let you really see what a stroke should look like.  

I used the free videos at Pingskills when I first joined a TT club and they helped a lot.  Later I got a paid membership at TTEdge because I was doing a lot of training with a TT robot at the club.

At your level you probably can get a lot of help just from the free videos to start.  Personal coach is most often best, but in these times "remote learning" may be the way to go.

Good luck and welcome to TT and the forum.

Mark - Who went 3 months without winning a match when he first joined  a TT club, but after a few years was one of the better players there.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2020 at 10:38pm
I think advertising locally would be the first choice
I thought they had table tennis at the Baptist Church
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2020 at 11:16pm
hi, if you have own table.(TT one) just buy couple of hundreds of balls and big piece of plywood.
With it you can start learning of serves and drives.
When master it a little you can buy cheap robot and practice with it with topspin a etc. 
Here are some of my trainings with return board:
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic