Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - good times pre-covid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

good times pre-covid

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 341
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: good times pre-covid
    Posted: 11/18/2020 at 12:09am
I miss my ping pong friends so much


Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 08/14/2008
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1698
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 1:20am
2020 has been a shi# year, thanks to whoever that created this virus.
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 341
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 3:18am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

2020 has been a shi# year, thanks to whoever that created this virus.


Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 7031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 5:14am
Australia: You have no moral values but we'll let it slide since we want your immoral money.



Edited by zeio - 11/18/2020 at 5:17am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 3775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 5:49am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Australia: You have no moral values but we'll let it slide since we want your immoral money.


Immoral? Why is it immoral to sign a free trade agreement?! 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 7031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 6:13am
https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/australia-s-own-trade-tricks-leave-it-exposed-to-china-20201112-p56dx3.html
Quote Australia's own trade tricks leave it exposed to China

"We use anti-dumping, always have, as a form of protection. There are some legitimate cases. But if you have that many cases, you're using anti-dumping as trade harassment and that's part of our trade policy kits.

He said former colleagues at the Department of Foreign Affairs would be shocked to hear him say this but "it's the truth".

"Why [China] has not taken more action sooner is an interesting point itself. But having that record ourselves, we're living in a glasshouse, so we shouldn't be throwing stones, we have massively exposed ourselves."


https://theconversation.com/weve-just-signed-the-worlds-biggest-trade-deal-but-what-exactly-is-the-rcep-150082
Quote We’ve just signed the world’s biggest trade deal, but what exactly is the RCEP?

The text was completed before the pandemic and has not been revised since.

As it happened, Australia took actions during the pandemic that were technically contrary to the rules embodied in the RCEP in order to boost local manufacturing capacity for essential products.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
penholderxxx View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 09/19/2016
Location: Malaysia
Status: Offline
Points: 362
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 6:32am

LOL
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 3775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 6:50am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/australia-s-own-trade-tricks-leave-it-exposed-to-china-20201112-p56dx3.html
Quote Australia's own trade tricks leave it exposed to China

"We use anti-dumping, always have, as a form of protection. There are some legitimate cases. But if you have that many cases, you're using anti-dumping as trade harassment and that's part of our trade policy kits.

He said former colleagues at the Department of Foreign Affairs would be shocked to hear him say this but "it's the truth".

"Why [China] has not taken more action sooner is an interesting point itself. But having that record ourselves, we're living in a glasshouse, so we shouldn't be throwing stones, we have massively exposed ourselves."


https://theconversation.com/weve-just-signed-the-worlds-biggest-trade-deal-but-what-exactly-is-the-rcep-150082
Quote We’ve just signed the world’s biggest trade deal, but what exactly is the RCEP?

The text was completed before the pandemic and has not been revised since.

As it happened, Australia took actions during the pandemic that were technically contrary to the rules embodied in the RCEP in order to boost local manufacturing capacity for essential products.

Lol as someone in Aust, I think whatever trade agreement is signed, we are always vulnerable to any sanctions from China. It's good business to not piss off your largest customer...
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Back to Top
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 08/14/2008
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1698
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Australia: You have no moral values but we'll let it slide since we want your immoral money.


I agree with you for once, Mr. Zeio
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 7031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:43am
Yet the farce continues.

Literally hours after Pompeo was "fired" and to be replaced by Blinken, Morrison had a change of heart overnight.




https://www.afr.com/policy/foreign-affairs/sovereign-australia-is-free-to-choose-both-china-and-america-20201124-p56hc3
Quote No country has pulled more people out of poverty than China, and we in Australia are pleased to have played our role.


�£�兩家茶禮 vs 魚與熊掌不可兼得?

Edited by zeio - Yesterday at 4:48am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/17/2019
Location: PineTreeCorners
Status: Offline
Points: 877
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:10am
Pompeo got fired?
*sigh*
Back to Top
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/25/2010
Status: Offline
Points: 7031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:21pm
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/antony-blinken-us-world-pompeo-b1760522.html
Quote Antony Blinken is soft-spoken where his predecessor was a loudmouth with a giant chip on his shoulder. He is a consensus builder and a listener, in contrast to the departing secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, who often interjected his own prejudices and strong views into America’s affairs.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/from-secretary-of-trump-pompeo-to-bidens-alter-ego-blinken-us-foreign-policy-set-for-sea-change-9051781.html
Quote Perhaps no Biden Cabinet pick better encapsulates the fundamental shift in US foreign policy that is set to occur than Antony Blinken being chosen as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's replacement, a move that will likely assuage the frayed nerves of traditional US allies whom President Donald Trump has often belittled and brushed aside.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Back to Top
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/17/2019
Location: PineTreeCorners
Status: Offline
Points: 877
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:41pm
oh that...yeah i hope Bilken restarts that investigation...these guys are trying to start global war so they can remain in power and if not they're gonna give the new administration huge problems that will take more thgan 4 years to fix...

Pompeo isn't fired till Jan 20th if it happens.


Edited by Charlie Brown - Yesterday at 1:42pm
*sigh*
Back to Top
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin
Avatar

Joined: 07/15/2007
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 341
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:05pm
The solar farm project throws Australia into a bright future. It is a gigantic jump into an era that will test international relations, sure, but also the frontiers of what technology can do. It is a triple challenge, nobody ever put that many solar panels together, that much battery power in one place, nobody ever installed that long a cable to transfer electricity (Singapore is involved!). I am in awe at the raw guts Australia show on the project.
Australia is the new Switzerland as in "We don't take sides, we are good will all countries, we mind our business and work to build our happiness." We can learn from them.

Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 3775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 21 minutes ago at 5:03pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

The solar farm project throws Australia into a bright future. It is a gigantic jump into an era that will test international relations, sure, but also the frontiers of what technology can do. It is a triple challenge, nobody ever put that many solar panels together, that much battery power in one place, nobody ever installed that long a cable to transfer electricity (Singapore is involved!). I am in awe at the raw guts Australia show on the project.
Australia is the new Switzerland as in "We don't take sides, we are good will all countries, we mind our business and work to build our happiness." We can learn from them.


Tbh I think Australia doesn't toe the geopolitical balance as well as Singapore. We've sent soldiers to fight and die for so many pointless wars for the US in the middle east which aren't our business at all, and always feel obligated to follow the US in trade wars etc... even when we are the ones who will suffer the consequences. Why should we take sides at all?! 

Luckily we haven't followed the US in terms of internal policy, otherwise we would be so much worse off. We have free Medicare for all, generous unemployment benefits, much safer society (John Howard had the guts to ban guns completely), universities that are actually affordable for everyone, and non predatory government student loans, and we actually have functional infrastructure lol. It's a good life we live here Tongue


Edited by blahness - 22 hours 17 minutes ago at 5:07pm
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
Forum Home | Go to the Forums | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2020 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.