Topic ClosedCovid scare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid scare
    Posted: 11/20/2020 at 8:47pm
Wed afternoon after TT and some robot practice (see new videos in New TT Project thread) I started feeling feverish.  By midnight and all through Thur I had a high fever and cold chills.  Was even a little disoriented.  Went for a Covid test Fri morning at 6am (left campground at 5am to get there on time).  So I spent today worrying about what was going to happen.  Good news is I tested negative.  Other good news is that I should breathe better after the nurse increased my nasal passage length by 1/2 in on each side by jamming the swabs all the way up to my brain.  

Going to have to be really careful for the next couple of months.  I do not want to be the last person to die just before the vaccine is available.

To compound matters I pulled something in my rib cage (probably looping against robot) and it hurts to breathe deeply and to lie down in certain positions.  

Getting old is miserable, but is still better than the alternative.

Mark - Working hard on a Covid proof loop

Edited by mjamja - 11/20/2020 at 8:51pm
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2020 at 8:58pm
The getting younger alternative is indeed scary, we used to be so unaware!
ejprinz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2020 at 9:19pm
I am over 60 and so have used a face mask and a 3-stage filter (2 x Filtrete 2800 and 1x PM2.5) since June 1st ( I played for 13 hours at the San Antonio Open this way ). I feel pretty safe as it catches all droplets in the air down to < 1um. So I think for TT everyone needs to know how much risk they can take.
I also found that I do need to be careful with how i move to not hurt my back etc. So I am following good technique (with video for feedback).
I was hoping that the various gene manipulation techniques will result in the fountain of youth being discovered but unfortunately a lot of effort is wasted on less impactful issues like contesting a fair vote in the USA.
Sanwei Fextra, Nittaku FastArc G1 / Moristo SP
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2020 at 1:34am
It's good to be young :)
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2020 at 7:49am
Get a flu shot also.  This is not a good year to have flu!  I for one am taking a daily vitamin D supplement.  If I'm in any store I wear a surgical mask over a KN95 mask, as do my physician colleagues.

Don't let your guard down.  This pandemic is worse now than ever and all the travel this week is going to make things worse.

I still don't play TT.  After I get a Covid vaccine next year.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2020 at 8:17am
Hi,

Extreme delight was felt when you reported to us that the medical authorities found you have a brain.  Immediately this recalls an opposite outcome from the great Dizzy Dean many years ago: "The doctors x-rayed my head and found nothing".

Clearly this is not your case.

Belatedly I'm expressing a concern about you reporting a consequence of your outdoor shadow training of "dogs barking" upon the dog's exposure to said shadow training.  In both fact and lore, dogs barking has a signature presence in a connection to otherworldly forces.

Documentation is available that Sherlock Holmes solved a case because "the dog didn't bark".  Dogs, you may be aware, are known to "bark at the moon".  The mystery continues as to why they bark at the moon, however the paranormalists have theories.

As dogs go, I haven't been sniffed by a dog since the 1996 Olympics.  Sitting in the Atlanta airport awaiting my luggage, a security person with a very unassuming dog sniffed away at me, presuming my potential for drug smuggling candidacy.  Proudly I report to you and all; the dog didn't bark.

All know dogs are smarter than people.  This suggests they know things humans don't.  What do they know about your shadow training?  With the eloquence of the great Francis Bacon, he who is credited with the creation of the scientific method, it has been so stated that the purpose of the artist is to deepen the mystery.  This sentiment has been also applied to the goals of science.  It seems too this mystery deepening applies to dogs, as they give us their hints at what we cannot ourselves detect.  Perhaps the dogs are on to something.

On a less important note: there are over 100 active cold viruses running around us all the time.  My money's on that.  There are, somewhat bewildering to me, two perspective that officially qualify for a Covid-19 case; a positive Covid-19 test and a person in a state that "presumable is Covid-19 positive".  For some reason my sense is Francis Bacon would not approve.

Thanks.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic