Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Character types of player at your club....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Character types of player at your club....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

No 5.. 😊 That still doesn't make sense to me after all this time. Even if they are the best or worst in the training hall everyone improves mixing in and getting chances to play new people. 

I can kind of explain their mindset as I definitely fit the definition of #5.  At the club I play at, there is no guarantee if I show up, I will have someone I can practice with.  So I always make plans with someone to play beforehand and we agree on an amount of time to play together.  Since I already made a commitment, I am going to play with them and only them for that time.  It is hard to find reliable practice partners and if I make arrangements and then blow them off, it is one less reliable person to practice with. 

I do get where you are coming from totally that it's good to have and know you are getting a good hit in the time that's free. Also if the venue could be empty or turn up and hope there's someone there for you to play with. I'm guessing some venues in the US are also a bonkers drive to get to! Training = improving in my book = kudos.

I was more towards the ...Halls pretty strong and everyone is hitting with everyone and mixing in well. Players turn up. wander past don't say hi and hit together then after a while say hour or two if you ask them to maybe do a swap to mix up training a bit. Declined and blanked a bit. It's all good but those players can add to the group sometimes.

I've always played in clubs that you get on the table and hit with who's there change every 20/30 mins or when the squad coach/person running says. It keeps it fresh.

It's interesting as well as one time you could be hitting with say a US1500 and the next US 2400. Weird what you can learn.

At one club I sometimes train at I would say the lowest level would be around 2200 on the tables and the top players have played in the superleagues. We are spoilt for choice a bit and everyone mixes it up but again it's quite structured.

Having desolate and unreliable training isn't fun so totally get your mindset so make it count.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 5:48am

1) The mule: They are stubborn and do not listen to anyone's advice.  Even if they hire a 2700 level coach, they also ignore everything the coach says.  They desperately want to improve but ignore any help people try to give them.  "I know you are Ma Long but I think my forehand motion is fine, I just need to boost my racket with 5 layers instead of 3."

2) The blamer: everything is their opponent or practice partner's fault.  If the blamer misses a block it is because their opponent's loop form is incorrect.  The blamer then makes fun of their opponent's motion rather than thinking about why they missed the shot.  "Man, why can't you learn to loop properly so my blocks go on the table? What the heck is wrong with you!"

3) The equipment guy: their form is perfect, their footwork is efficient and their strategy is next generation.  It is their equipment that is holding them back.  Or so they think.  Incorrectly.  "I have 8 blades but if I use my balsa custom made super zlc blade which is 85 grams instead of the 86 gram one I use now, I will dominate the league!  I also need to change from falco booster to my home made booster and change my time between gluing from 20 hours to 16.5."

4) The stud: he is only there to try to sleep with the women players.  Usually after his conquest, the women feel uncomfortable at the club and never come back.   "Yes, I have been playing for years.  I am an expert and can tell you have a lot of potential.  I can coach you for free.  Let's play a match and if I win, I get to take you to dinner.  Sounds good?"

5) The annoying junior parent: they think their kid will be the next world champion.  Their kid plays 1 hour a day with a coach, 3 times a week and that is it.  They don't yet realize the amount of effort other people are putting in to become professional in countries like Japan, Korea and China.  "You know kids are talented and learn fast.  In 2 months my kid will kill everyone here.  Why does anyone bother still playing when they know my kid will destroy them very soon.  My kid is so good the coach will start paying them to practice next year."  

6) The liar: for some reason, they drastically underestimate the time and effort they put into the game.  "Yea, I haven't played in ages.  The last time you saw me here was the last time I played.  Oh, I started playing when I was 23.  I play maybe 1 hour every 2 weeks.  I just have what is called an abundance of natural talent."  Then you find out they play at 6 different clubs during the week. They play 2-4 hours a day and get coaching.  They started playing when they were 8 and spent every summer in China training. 

7) The hustler: probably a former member of a Caribbean or African national team when they were younger.  Now they are anywhere from 35-55 years old.  They absolutely do not care how they do in official tournaments.  For some reason they keep their rating anywhere from 1900-2100 but when they play for money they play 2300 when the money is right.  "My rating is 1900, you are 1950.  I have no chance.  Give me 2 points to 11.  That is the only fair way.  Forget about how I won $500 from you last week.  I was just lucky.  You are higher rated than me.  That means you are the better player.  2-0! Let's go!"

8) The ratings snob:  if they are 1 point higher rated than you, they do not want to play with you at all.  In fact, they might demand money to practice with you.  "Look, I am 2250 and you are 2200.  We are totally different levels.  Totally different games.  If you want to practice, you can take a lesson and pay me $100 an hour, otherwise find someone else your own level."

Table tennis certainly brings out the characters. 

No 6 LOL I think everyone knows that player. They play all over the place adn in different areas 3-5 nights a week! and get private coaching as well.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 6:20am
That penholder with his $300 1-ply Hinoki blade with a brand new shining Dignics 05...
And when the match starts all he can do is chop, chop, chop...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 8:27am

1) The mule: They are stubborn and do not listen to anyone's advice.  Even if they hire a 2700 level coach, they also ignore everything the coach says.  They desperately want to improve but ignore any help people try to give them.  "I know you are Ma Long but I think my forehand motion is fine, I just need to boost my racket with 5 layers instead of 3."

2) The blamer: everything is their opponent or practice partner's fault.  If the blamer misses a block it is because their opponent's loop form is incorrect.  The blamer then makes fun of their opponent's motion rather than thinking about why they missed the shot.  "Man, why can't you learn to loop properly so my blocks go on the table? What the heck is wrong with you!"

3) The equipment guy: their form is perfect, their footwork is efficient and their strategy is next generation.  It is their equipment that is holding them back.  Or so they think.  Incorrectly.  "I have 8 blades but if I use my balsa custom made super zlc blade which is 85 grams instead of the 86 gram one I use now, I will dominate the league!  I also need to change from falco booster to my home made booster and change my time between gluing from 20 hours to 16.5."

4) The stud: he is only there to try to sleep with the women players.  Usually after his conquest, the women feel uncomfortable at the club and never come back.   "Yes, I have been playing for years.  I am an expert and can tell you have a lot of potential.  I can coach you for free.  Let's play a match and if I win, I get to take you to dinner.  Sounds good?"

5) The annoying junior parent: they think their kid will be the next world champion.  Their kid plays 1 hour a day with a coach, 3 times a week and that is it.  They don't yet realize the amount of effort other people are putting in to become professional in countries like Japan, Korea and China.  "You know kids are talented and learn fast.  In 2 months my kid will kill everyone here.  Why does anyone bother still playing when they know my kid will destroy them very soon.  My kid is so good the coach will start paying them to practice next year."  

6) The liar: for some reason, they drastically underestimate the time and effort they put into the game.  "Yea, I haven't played in ages.  The last time you saw me here was the last time I played.  Oh, I started playing when I was 23.  I play maybe 1 hour every 2 weeks.  I just have what is called an abundance of natural talent."  Then you find out they play at 6 different clubs during the week. They play 2-4 hours a day and get coaching.  They started playing when they were 8 and spent every summer in China training. 

7) The hustler: probably a former member of a Caribbean or African national team when they were younger.  Now they are anywhere from 35-55 years old.  They absolutely do not care how they do in official tournaments.  For some reason they keep their rating anywhere from 1900-2100 but when they play for money they play 2300 when the money is right.  "My rating is 1900, you are 1950.  I have no chance.  Give me 2 points to 11.  That is the only fair way.  Forget about how I won $500 from you last week.  I was just lucky.  You are higher rated than me.  That means you are the better player.  2-0! Let's go!"

8) The ratings snob:  if they are 1 point higher rated than you, they do not want to play with you at all.  In fact, they might demand money to practice with you.  "Look, I am 2250 and you are 2200.  We are totally different levels.  Totally different games.  If you want to practice, you can take a lesson and pay me $100 an hour, otherwise find someone else your own level."

Table tennis certainly brings out the characters. 

4 is a myth. When was the last time you saw an attractive girl playing TT at the club? 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 09c
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 9:19am
Hi,

We can call this the Poorly Developed Guru.

This character is revealed post-match, where, with much generosity, they offer one or more tips to their defeated foe to help them improve to the level of the Poorly Developed Guru.  That these Guru players have some very flawed techniques themselves, have huge gaps in their own game you can drive a truck through, often base their games on their opponent's unforced errors, are visibly very limited in many aspects of the game, does not deter them from communicating unequivocal superiority in status, competency, skill, and table tennis insight verified by one singular fact: they won the match.  Now they have the rights of their established superiority over you, the much lesser soul.

To view this behavior when the Guru barely wins the match, even at deuce in the 5th, perhaps with some luck thrown in, is to reveal evidence of conclusions by Freud on the matter of neuroses.  By the match win launching the Guru into the stratosphere of the exulted while you merely have your feet on the ground cannot have a rational basis, thus we must revert to Freud to help us here. 

In observing these Guru players, my first and last thought is a wonderment as to not only the extremely obvious need but also the apparent reluctance to apply their self-anointed, Olympian wisdom to their own game.  Their game is indeed desperate for improvement in many areas, yet years pass by without the Guru embracing this self-coaching choice.  Though always ready to help others post-match (but ONLY if the Guru wins), never does evidence surface that improvements in the Guru's game exist anywhere, thus irrefutably confirming wisdom not applied.

Thanks.  
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
bes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 9:45am

"different bat guy"

One bag so so many choices.. 

Slow venue... Bat sorted
Fast venue.... Bat sorted
Pimples... Long, half long, Medium half almost quite but not short but long medium pimples
Chopping... Options. 

Funniest thing to watch in the hall. 

Nice!  We have a guy that rolls in with at least 2 roller suitcases (carry on size to be fair!) of choices!  But he is a really great guy and pretty darn good player too... -bes
bes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 9:47am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

When you play really well and beat a higher rated player, you get the reason you beat them.

The lighting was bad.
Their rubber is old (or new)
The floor was slick.
A ball rolled into their sight line 3 tables away.
Someone opened the door at the far end of the building.
They are sick or injured.
They're tired.
They didn't have time to eat.

etc.

Ah!  The excuse guy!  We have one extreme case and a few less severe ones. Our extreme case also fits SpinSquid's "stubborn veteran player" category, so he can be a real treat!  -bes

Edited by bes - 01/06/2021 at 9:50am
bes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 9:57am

I've had to deal with a few of these - most common with non-physician PhD's in my experience.  

These too are common, but the funniest are much, much lower rated - the 1200 guy who beats an 1180 guy fully 53% of the time for example... ;o)

Table tennis certainly brings out the characters.  No Doubt! -bes

bes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 10:08am
Donn - About 15 years ago at two tournaments about 2 months apart, I had two separate Guru's (a different one at each tournament) rather sanctimoniously (and savagely!) critique my game after losing badly to me in straight sets.  

They very well might have been correct, but it certainly didn't go over well at the time...

bes
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 10:26am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

We can call this the Poorly Developed Guru.

This character is revealed post-match, where, with much generosity, they offer one or more tips to their defeated foe to help them improve to the level of the Poorly Developed Guru.  That these Guru players have some very flawed techniques themselves, have huge gaps in their own game you can drive a truck through, often base their games on their opponent's unforced errors, are visibly very limited in many aspects of the game, does not deter them from communicating unequivocal superiority in status, competency, skill, and table tennis insight verified by one singular fact: they won the match.  Now they have the rights of their established superiority over you, the much lesser soul.

To view this behavior when the Guru barely wins the match, even at deuce in the 5th, perhaps with some luck thrown in, is to reveal evidence of conclusions by Freud on the matter of neuroses.  By the match win launching the Guru into the stratosphere of the exulted while you merely have your feet on the ground cannot have a rational basis, thus we must revert to Freud to help us here. 

In observing these Guru players, my first and last thought is a wonderment as to not only the extremely obvious need but also the apparent reluctance to apply their self-anointed, Olympian wisdom to their own game.  Their game is indeed desperate for improvement in many areas, yet years pass by without the Guru embracing this self-coaching choice.  Though always ready to help others post-match (but ONLY if the Guru wins), never does evidence surface that improvements in the Guru's game exist anywhere, thus irrefutably confirming wisdom not applied.

Thanks.  

Often when I beat a younger, usually more athletic player I will ask them, do you want me to tell you how you can beat me next time?  And I'll explain to them how I like spin and the short game and they should play me long with less spin to get into a rally. That way I don't come off as trying to sound like a guru.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by bes bes wrote:

Donn - About 15 years ago at two tournaments about 2 months apart, I had two separate Guru's (a different one at each tournament) rather sanctimoniously (and savagely!) critique my game after losing badly to me in straight sets.  

They very well might have been correct, but it certainly didn't go over well at the time...

bes

Hi,

There are deeper, more profound and severe psychological conditions than neurosis.  You encountered patients.

Thanks.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 01/06/2021 at 1:08pm
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

That penholder with his $300 1-ply Hinoki blade with a brand new shining Dignics 05...
And when the match starts all he can do is chop, chop, chop...

This one is really funny for some reason LOL D05 is like the worst rubber for a push/chop game....
-------
Hurricane Long 5

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 7:15am
The "CNT youtube watching wanna be "top/pro" player" Tells players and people a like if you see how to do it watch the CNT...

Explains in the finest details about why and how this should be done and look and the technical details again and again in finest detail....before he/she and everyone start their divsion 7 match in local leage Wink or start playing at the local sports centre or some cases..opens up the garage,drops the table down and picks up their $$$$ racket and starts having a knockabout with their mates.

The "old defender/hardbat guy" Could be around 100-150 years old...we are talking timewarp player. Old style at it's totally best. Fashion to match. He will wander in pop headband on. Gets racket out and gets on the table for like 8 hours. It's like almost watching a black and white film. Steady solid and causes most of the younger players and some older ones a total nightmare with that trusty playing style!.

Edited by ghostzen - 01/10/2021 at 7:20am
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 7:38am
The "smasher" There aren't many points that last long with this player either way....

If they could smash the serve or serve smash they would ..honestly. If it's above the net...smashed...if it's above their head.. smashed (All players should smash that one tbh Wink) .... if it's almost above the net...smashed...

The higher level "smasher" basically ...beg ....just beg..or hide under table for saftey ...it won't be a long match so try to avoid injury until the next match. Don't supply balls for this one..! you will need a few... if you do!

The Lower level "smasher" might be worse actually...ball smashed ...around the room,...at you...your face... the other side of the hall.... or garage... if you play in one... You will be walking...alot...to get the ball. Get barriers sorted and warn people watching of incoming random missles... get everyone to sign waiver...Smile

When playing this player body armour is required (ask your club for details) and I think your health care is void....just saying...

Edited by ghostzen - 01/10/2021 at 7:41am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 9:16am

The "smasher" There aren't many points that last long with this player either way....

If they could smash the serve or serve smash they would ..honestly. If it's above the net...smashed...if it's above their head.. smashed (All players should smash that one tbh Wink) .... if it's almost above the net...smashed...

The higher level "smasher" basically ...beg ....just beg..or hide under table for saftey ...it won't be a long match so try to avoid injury until the next match. Don't supply balls for this one..! you will need a few... if you do!

The Lower level "smasher" might be worse actually...ball smashed ...around the room,...at you...your face... the other side of the hall.... or garage... if you play in one... You will be walking...alot...to get the ball. Get barriers sorted and warn people watching of incoming random missles... get everyone to sign waiver...Smile

When playing this player body armour is required (ask your club for details) and I think your health care is void....just saying...

Fml I actually quite fear playing high level RSM like players. They don't allow you to play your game at all, they just have that unblockable super loopkill that either lands and wins them the point or just loses them the point...... But playing the control cat and mouse game is quite fun against them ie trying to disrupt their rhythm so that they land a lot less of their loopkills. It becomes like card counting in casinos to get an edge lol
-------
Hurricane Long 5

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 9:22am

The "CNT youtube watching wanna be "top/pro" player" Tells players and people a like if you see how to do it watch the CNT...

Explains in the finest details about why and how this should be done and look and the technical details again and again in finest detail....before he/she and everyone start their divsion 7 match in local leage Wink or start playing at the local sports centre or some cases..opens up the garage,drops the table down and picks up their $$$$ racket and starts having a knockabout with their mates.

The "old defender/hardbat guy" Could be around 100-150 years old...we are talking timewarp player. Old style at it's totally best. Fashion to match. He will wander in pop headband on. Gets racket out and gets on the table for like 8 hours. It's like almost watching a black and white film. Steady solid and causes most of the younger players and some older ones a total nightmare with that trusty playing style!.

Lol I'm guilty of the wannabe CNT pro stereotype LOL but I also do lots of weird shit which the pros won't touch (pushflick, strawberries, etc... )

Unfortunately footwork is a huge issue. The reason why CNT can loop everything perfectly because they have insanely good footwork and anticipation and reading of the ball placement/spin. If you don't have that footwork and read of the ball, trying to powerloop everything like them is gonna cost you a lot of points...
-------
Hurricane Long 5

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 10:03am
Adding another stereotype:

The player who plays weird crap and beats you but can't beat everyone else that you can beat easily... basically he's your kryptonite and there's nothing you can do about it.... 

Edited by blahness - 01/10/2021 at 10:03am
-------
Hurricane Long 5

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Adding another stereotype:

The player who plays weird crap and beats you but can't beat everyone else that you can beat easily... basically he's your kryptonite and there's nothing you can do about it.... 

The bogey player... everyone has one. It's like you play them and fogot how to how the bat! everyone is looking around going....WHY ..you come off the table and have lost 3/4-0 and scratch your head...

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 10:40am
The player who can loop and play amazing  in practice but never beats you in tournaments

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 10:43am

Lol I'm guilty of the wannabe CNT pro stereotype LOL but I also do lots of weird shit which the pros won't touch (pushflick, strawberries, etc... )

Unfortunately footwork is a huge issue. The reason why CNT can loop everything perfectly because they have insanely good footwork and anticipation and reading of the ball placement/spin. If you don't have that footwork and read of the ball, trying to powerloop everything like them is gonna cost you a lot of points...

Strawberries.... ..been about on the tour since 2010/11 If memory serves.. I think Adam B or possibly Rosskopf....Stefan Feth???!! Not sure... (grasping at names!) ...named it but might need someone to confirm who was about tourside then. Gauzy,Mima and Hirano have used it for a time and the ladies to some really great effect.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 11:06am

Strawberries.... ..been about on the tour since 2010/11 If memory serves.. I think Adam B or possibly Rosskopf....Stefan Feth???!! Not sure... (grasping at names!) ...named it but might need someone to confirm who was about tourside then. Gauzy,Mima and Hirano have used it for a time and the ladies to some really great effect.

On a serious none joking note Thumbs Up it's good to have have someone to look upto and try to emulate. The CNT excel and have the full weight of the govement behind them. Anyone of the top players is a roll model as well as a top player. The China machine keeps rolling out strong players and Kudos to them for it.

I always find it interesting and fun when people talk tactics like Ma Long .....and play like ...Pikachu...see below quote. I've seen a fair few always makes me laugh a bit.

.....before he/she and everyone start their divsion 7 match in local leage Wink or start playing at the local sports centre or some cases..opens up the garage,drops the table down and picks up their $$$$ racket and starts having a knockabout with their mates.

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 11:22am

[QUOTE=ghostzen]

Double post

Edited by ghostzen - 01/10/2021 at 1:21pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 3:26pm

On a serious none joking note Thumbs Up it's good to have have someone to look upto and try to emulate. The CNT excel and have the full weight of the govement behind them. Anyone of the top players is a roll model as well as a top player. The China machine keeps rolling out strong players and Kudos to them for it.

I always find it interesting and fun when people talk tactics like Ma Long .....and play like ...Pikachu...see below quote. I've seen a fair few always makes me laugh a bit.

.....before he/she and everyone start their divsion 7 match in local leage Wink or start playing at the local sports centre or some cases..opens up the garage,drops the table down and picks up their $$$$ racket and starts having a knockabout with their mates.

Yeah I know it's been used in the pro scene, but the CNT pros haven't adopted it yet. They still like their pushes, FH flick and BH chiquita, the classic combo. 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 3:33pm
Gotcha! yes sorry my bad, true Its about the CNT youtube watching wanna be "top/pro" player. 

For a different post but what comes next in the CNT arsenal?. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2021 at 3:48pm

Gotcha! yes sorry my bad, true Its about the CNT youtube watching wanna be "top/pro" player. 

For a different post but what comes next in the CNT arsenal?. 

Idk I find most of the younger gen to be a little bland on the technique side of things compared to current gen (Ma Long, Xu Xin) and previous gen (Ma Lin, Wang Hao) who possessed much greater shot variety. 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic