Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Covid anyone?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid anyone?
    Posted: 03/27/2021 at 7:53am
i am still in the hospital and is Covid Positive. Mild to severe case but already out of danger because I do not use oxygen anymore. Lungs went weaker fora few days but I am doing OK. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 8:49am
Get well soon!💪
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 8:59am
thanks
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 9:04am
Had it back in October. I am glad you are out of the woods. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 10:35am
Hope you are doing better, Yogi.

Do you remember how you got infected, hopefully not due to TT related activities?

I saw that cases are surging again in Brazil, India, and many other places. There are still about 50k new cases daily in the US now. So better to be careful for some more months...

Edited by kindof99 - 03/27/2021 at 10:35am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 11:28am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Hope you are doing better, Yogi.

Do you remember how you got infected, hopefully not due to TT related activities?

I saw that cases are surging again in Brazil, India, and many other places. There are still about 50k new cases daily in the US now. So better to be careful for some more months...

Nope, not due to TT but some other places I was processing papers. 

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 11:41am
Scary! I am glad your healthy lifestyle was there to support you out of trouble.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 5:14pm
Hope you recover soon!
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Tenergy 05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 6:58pm
thanks I am trying my best to get back on my feet. 

ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2021 at 7:48pm
Hi Yogi, I hope you get better soon. Covid is serious...

I really enjoy your reviews and won my first tournament with a racket I bought from your review (Yinhe Pro 5W). 
Yinhe [Pro 5W, Sun FH, Uranus Pro BH]
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2021 at 3:29pm
Get well soon, Yogi, so you can do more reviews for us!
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2021 at 4:36pm
Hope you get better soon!
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2021 at 8:52pm
Hi Yogi,
Sorry to hear. Hope you will be well soon.

Iloveplayingtabletennis
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2021 at 8:37am
Or: The happiness we may find in this is that you are immune of Covid-19.  The Covid-19 vaccines do not produce immunity, but direct infection does.

Your star is rising........

Donn

P.S.  One unfortunate consequence you may experience is the difficulties of recycling CO2 (Carbon Dioxide).  Human respiration has evolved to inhale oxygen and exhale the waste product C02.  When you wear a mask, you recycle some of the C02,  which accounts for some of the very frequent problems that many people have with wearing a mask, having the feeling of it being difficult to breathe.  Never has it been a health recommendation for humans to recycle C02 in respiration.

Edited by DonnOlsen - 03/29/2021 at 9:42am
Inside every table tennis player is a better table tennis player.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 5:28pm
i got discharged from the hospital already and on a home quarantine. Since my case is severe but was discharged early due to lung improvement and here I am at home. My condition is still weak.. I ave o catch my breath after doing shadow drills for 10min. It feels like I ad an intense Falken berg drill only after doing shadow drills. So this will put me out of commission in playing and coaching at least a month and lung capacity would probably come ack another 2 to 3 months. What I am saying is, people please take care of yourselves and loved ones. When one of you gets sick, other people also gets sick. The impact is not only your own health but economically the bills are very high. 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 5:28pm
and thanks to Alex Li's kindness and big heart! 

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 6:21pm
My gosh Yogi you're winning the biggest fight of your life, my hat's off to you really!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

My gosh Yogi you're winning the biggest fight of your life, my hat's off to you really!

I am far from it but any improvement in my breathing is a welcome news. There were times in the hospital that I was afraid that my situation will not improve and will have to go to the ICU which is worse. Good  thing I passed that stage already. Thanks. 

Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2021 at 8:32pm
Sorry to hear that you caught the virus but happy that you're on the way to recovery. Hopefully the Philippines will get more than what Sinovac has already shipped from other countries.

stay strong.
*sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic