Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TO THE MODERATORS: I want to delete my account
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTO THE MODERATORS: I want to delete my account

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dennyjhlee7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: TO THE MODERATORS: I want to delete my account
    Posted: 06/03/2021 at 8:10pm
Like the title suggests, I want to delete my account but MyTableTennis doesn't provide any features to do so.

If any moderators or the admin could help me out, that'd be great.
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2021 at 9:18pm
While it is possible, alexli does not do that but you can always ask him directly. My take is that your posts are here to stay, they are so valuable we want to keep them for future generations to appreciate how brilliant you used to be. Please don't go! we need you.

Edited by stiltt - 06/03/2021 at 9:19pm
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2021 at 1:53am
Originally posted by dennyjhlee7 dennyjhlee7 wrote:

Like the title suggests, I want to delete my account but MyTableTennis doesn't provide any features to do so.

If you have been told by British authorities that there is a crime ring that operates in an island and they hold ping pong tournaments to the death, and they want you to be undercover by erasing all of your accounts on mytt and ooakt and infiltrate said crime ring by posing as a tournament participant, I would just flat out say no.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2021 at 1:47pm
Welcome to the Interwebs.  Everything you ever said or looked at is stored forever on a server under Colorado.  You can thank the American taxpayer later.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 5:58am

Like the title suggests, I want to delete my account but MyTableTennis doesn't provide any features to do so. If any moderators or the admin could help me out, that'd be great.

Deleting your posts would really mess up the forum, making some threads hard to follow because of missing posts, so this is usually not an option for the forum community.

If your anonymity is a concern, perhaps you can request a change of username? This way your current name is no longer tied to your posts, while the integrity of the forum remains intact.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 12:42am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

While it is possible, alexli does not do that but you can always ask him directly. My take is that your posts are here to stay, they are so valuable we want to keep them for future generations to appreciate how brilliant you used to be. Please don't go! we need you.

I quit tt and I hate it now. It is no longer relevant to me. I would like to get in touch with him directly please. And one of the members here is saying some nonsense rubbish about crime and death match. Tt aint that deep for me. I just want to delete my alextt account. Simple as that. My posts or any written word here are nothing to do with crime. If you are concerned about that, you are more than welcome to check all of my account activity as much as you want.

I want my account deleted. Simple as that.

Edited by dennyjhlee7 - 06/06/2021 at 12:53am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 12:48am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Like the title suggests, I want to delete my account but MyTableTennis doesn't provide any features to do so. If any moderators or the admin could help me out, that'd be great.

Deleting your posts would really mess up the forum, making some threads hard to follow because of missing posts, so this is usually not an option for the forum community.

If your anonymity is a concern, perhaps you can request a change of username? This way your current name is no longer tied to your posts, while the integrity of the forum remains intact.

No offense but that sounds unnecessary. I would like to have my account deleted please. Simple as that.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Welcome to the Interwebs.  Everything you ever said or looked at is stored forever on a server under Colorado.  You can thank the American taxpayer later.

No offense but I don't care. I am no longer interested in tt and I want to have my alextt account deleted. Simple as that.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 12:51am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

If you have been told by British authorities that there is a crime ring that operates in an island and they hold ping pong tournaments to the death, and they want you to be undercover by erasing all of your accounts on mytt and ooakt and infiltrate said crime ring by posing as a tournament participant, I would just flat out say no.

I am nothing to do with all that nonsense. I just want my alextt account deleted. Simple as that.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 9:29am

I am nothing to do with all that nonsense. I just want my alextt account deleted. Simple as that.

Will deleting your account also delete your posting history? If you're concerned about your name being on the posts, I would change the name of my account and that should backdate the name on your posts.

Deleting the account might only mean you can't further post under that account. Effectively you could just quit posting. I would say the next best alternative is just to anonymize your name and forget about it.

However, if you're wanting to delete all your posted material, I don't think that's going to happen unless you go back and do it manually. 

Let us know how it turns out, I guess right before you delete your account.

Edited by cole_ely - 06/06/2021 at 9:32am
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 11:59am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Will deleting your account also delete your posting history? If you're concerned about your name being on the posts, I would change the name of my account and that should backdate the name on your posts.

Deleting the account might only mean you can't further post under that account. Effectively you could just quit posting. I would say the next best alternative is just to anonymize your name and forget about it.

However, if you're wanting to delete all your posted material, I don't think that's going to happen unless you go back and do it manually. 

good call noticing the potential catch 22 Tongue

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

good call noticing the potential catch 22 Tongue

This is not a rocket science. I want to have my account deleted. Simple as that. I messaged alexli and hopefully he'll respond soon.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 6:08pm
Well since you've texted Alex there is no longer any reason to post about it, is there?  Also simple.

And now this thread is pointless.  So thread is locked. 

Edited by Baal - 06/06/2021 at 6:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic