Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flooring advice please.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Flooring advice please.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prunescu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prunescu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flooring advice please.
    Posted: 06/10/2021 at 12:03am
I need to buy around 600 sqf  rubber flooring new or used.Please advice from where I can get a good deal. Thank you  !

Edited by prunescu - 06/10/2021 at 12:03am
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 6:38am
aliexpress if you can import. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 7:36am
I was looking into gerflor, they mailed me samples free of charge but their website does not tell me the price...

for now i have forgone getting rubber carpet, hopefully the flooring in my basement can hold up, otherwise may need to spend more $$$ for gerflor or something similar in the future.
prunescu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prunescu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 8:40am
Thank you for your infos. Really appreciate.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 12:05pm
I wouldn´t get Gerflor because it scraches so easily. Unless every player bring his dedicated shoe only to play in this floor, but of course it does not happen. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 1:52pm
Hi, I like those questions and I always read people's ideas because there are as many ways as there are people to answer on that matter.

I worked in a cheap 5 stories building 5 min from downtown Seattle where the rent for an office with a freight elevator and a view of the sound was $1/sf/month which is unheard of unless you analyze the formula: when you get in you find white walls and plywood floors and you can do whatever you want but before leaving you must leave behind the same white walls and plywood naked floors. The hallways of that building had plywood floors as well that the builders had painted with self leveling epoxy paint (the same used in garage shops over cement) and I tested a few tt moves on it, it was so sticky while the feel was so soft! I am utterly convinced that's the cheapest way to go if we want quality tt floors that spare the joints. One big caveat though: plywood is so porous and epoxy paint won't even stick well on it so the priming work is very important: cleaning and sanding is a must then sealing the plywood with primer to fill all those pores is the next step.

Self leveling epoxy paint is maybe not the best, certainly not the cheapest. I'd go with one of those solutions instead: https://homeimprovement.lovetoknow.com/Best_Paint_for_Plywood_Floor

Good luck with your project, I hope you'll share pictures, this is a big deal! Clap
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 2:27pm
I installed https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/buyers-guide/rubber-tiles.html for 300 square feet and am happy with it. For 600 square feet Alibaba has some options, rolls (so harder to install) but much cheaper.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
prunescu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prunescu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2021 at 6:13pm
I found gerfloor slightly used for 1$/sqf,free shipping. 
I guess I'll go with this offer.
Really appreciate your inputs, will post pictures once the place will be ready   for play :-)

Edited by prunescu - 06/10/2021 at 6:15pm
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 2:06am
Will share the info of the seller if he still have more for sale? Want to buy some too
prunescu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prunescu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 2:18am
He has 3 rolls of 250 sqf each,i need around 600 ,so ill have to buy all 3 of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic