Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions on World Championships in Houston
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Questions on World Championships in Houston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Marcus34 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by wangchen wangchen wrote:

But unless prices drop drastically, the worldwide TV audience will be treated to an empty arena. This happened in many world championships during the cold war.   

I agree.  Even if I wanted to go , I would only go on either or both of first two (three)) days when I can see just about every player in action.  All the later round matches will be on You Tube later anyway. 

Edited by Marcus34 - 09/12/2021 at 11:35pm
Sponsored Links

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2021 at 3:55pm

[/QUOTE]

I got a link from a forum member and also USATT finally sent me a link. The whole system was a cluster f... and it took me a long time to figure it out. Maybe I'm just stupid. But my prejudice is that the site is poorly designed.

I chose a package and selected a seat. It brings me to a checkout location and I press "Continue". It brings me right back to the seat selection page. No extra messages. Just loops me back to where I was.

Well, after banging around I finally figured out that it sends you back so that you can select a seat for each time selection in your package. The initial seat you picked may not be available each day. So if you selected the Weekend All Access package, you had to loop back and re-select seats 3 or 4 times for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, etc. Again, no hint that you need to select your seats multiple times. The only reason I eventually figured it out was because it allowed me to do that and the prices for the added seats were $0. So it finally clicked what was going on. 
[/QUOTE]

I experienced the same issues when navigating the website.  A few short instructions on what is going on would have sped up the process considerably.  I also ran into an issue where the website doesn't work with all browsers.  Confused  It should have been a simple follow the click purchase, but I'm guessing they use the same interface for every Ticket they sell.  Sad really that they can't spend the time to make it an easy purchase instead of a frustrating experience.  
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC, Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo (Red) 2.0, Spinlord Keiler (Black) 1.5 mm, (Testing Victas 101 (Black) 1.6 mm)
Wt. 165 gm total weight
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2021 at 7:09pm
Hi,

My only hesitancy is the Covid rules.  I'm not sitting in a mask all day.  Sadly, a Covid rule could pop on the first day (or any day) of the tournament, so "planning" is impossible.

Any explicit reference to Covid rules for the tournament in the documentation? 

Thanks.
"Pierre Curie's greatest discovery was Marie Sklodowski." Frederick Soddy
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2021 at 8:44pm

Houston First is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for clients, associates, partners, and attendees in all of the facilities that we operate and own. Current safety protocols include: enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, minimized touchpoints, cashless options, and recommended masking for HFC staff, suppliers, and attendees who are not fully vaccinated. For a list of Houston First’s Safety Guidelines, please see click the links on this page.

The city of Houston owns the George R. Brown Convention Center. Events in the center follow the health and safety protocol established by the city of Houston’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Persse and approved by the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. Given the ever-changing nature of the pandemic recovery, plans for both organizers looking to book the center as well as clients preparing to host their event are reviewed by the Mayor’s office. This practice will continue to evolve as vaccination levels increase and caseloads change. 

This has been and will continue to be a dynamic, flexible process intended to keep our customers, associates, and guests for every event top of mind.

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Houston First is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for clients, associates, partners, and attendees in all of the facilities that we operate and own. Current safety protocols include: enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, minimized touchpoints, cashless options, and recommended masking for HFC staff, suppliers, and attendees who are not fully vaccinated. For a list of Houston First’s Safety Guidelines, please see click the links on this page.

The city of Houston owns the George R. Brown Convention Center. Events in the center follow the health and safety protocol established by the city of Houston’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Persse and approved by the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. Given the ever-changing nature of the pandemic recovery, plans for both organizers looking to book the center as well as clients preparing to host their event are reviewed by the Mayor’s office. This practice will continue to evolve as vaccination levels increase and caseloads change. 

This has been and will continue to be a dynamic, flexible process intended to keep our customers, associates, and guests for every event top of mind.

Ouch!

Thank you!
"Pierre Curie's greatest discovery was Marie Sklodowski." Frederick Soddy
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Events in the center follow the health and safety protocol established by the city of Houston’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Persse and approved by the Mayor’s Office of Special Events. Given the ever-changing nature of the pandemic recovery, plans for both organizers looking to book the center as well as clients preparing to host their event are reviewed by the Mayor’s office. This practice will continue to evolve as vaccination levels increase and caseloads change. 

The Mayor of Houston is pro-mask. I would definitely expect masks to be required at a large scale indoor gathering for the foreseeable future.

This is from late April but maybe relevant.

https://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press/2021/statement-masks-outdoors-fully-vaccinated.html

"“The City of Houston will require people to continue to wear face masks inside municipal buildings like City Hall and the George R. Brown Convention Center."

Edited by idk - 09/13/2021 at 10:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic