Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blade questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reddwarf99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddwarf99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade questions
    Posted: 08/26/2021 at 5:30pm
Hello all, I've seen a few reviews already on a couple of these but in particular was interested to see if anyone has used a Vodak blade before, and also the following please:

Nittaku Factive
Loki Red Flame.

There doesn't seem to be much information on any of them and have already contacted Vodak to find out more but would love to know if anyone has used any of the above?

Hope I'm in the right place as the equipment forum seemed to have no replies after 2018

Fingers crossed some of you may be able to advise me.
Sponsored Links

comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2021 at 7:21pm
Haven't tried any of both, but I'll stick around to see if there's anyone use, or ever used it to kindly give feedbacks and impressions regarding those two blades Big smile
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2021 at 10:08pm
There are a couple of blades with the Clipper 5 ayous layer structure (2 red layers) and a harder than Limba top wood, e.g.:
* Yinhe Purple Dragon 537 ==> Walnut top wood

Also there are rosewood top blades:
* LOKI Black Flame

I have played with the 537 and the Goiabao and while they look very pretty and control is very good (large sweet spot) top spin requires a very good technique due to the short dwell time (with a Yinhe Moon rubber). So at my level (USATT ~1300) I feel more comfortable with the Limba top blades (Yinhe Purple Dragon 437) than the harder wood. I have also played Koto top blades (e.g. the Viscaria clones or the Yinhe Pro Feeling) but again Koto is harder, has less dwell time, and in the heat of battle is less forgiving than Limba top. Hinoki top is similar to Limba, maybe a little more jumpy.

So you can use my strategy: When you want to play for fun in the club every once in a while play with the rosewood blade, but in a tournament stay with a more forgiving Limba version. Of course it depends on your style of play, I play short pips backhand with top spin forehand close to the table but still with a lot of pushing ...
Yinhe [Purple Dragon 437, Moon Medium Sponge FH, Uranus Pro Medium Sponge BH]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic