Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tibhar Hybrid K3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Hybrid K3

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MydasDiablo View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 06/03/2017
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2021 at 8:40am
Xiom Tau & Tau II, Palio Thors.

I really like Nittaku Hurricane Pro Turbo Blue & Orange (not ESN obviously), but they are stupid heavy. I am going to try them in 1.8mm next to see if that saves enough weight to make them useable. I don't think you need much sponge thickness for those given the hardness of their sponges, plus I mainly brush loop. 

*Update* 1.8mm NH3PT Blue & Orange on a 90g blade still comes in at 206g glued, so you only save around 5-6g vs 2mm. The low weight of Hybrid K3 is a massive advantage it has over rivals, even if it isn't 'sticky' and is closer to D05/D09 than H3. My team mate is using K3 on his forehand and I have never seen him be more consistent and he seems to have less trouble returning spinny serves than when he used MX-D before. 


Edited by MydasDiablo - 10/27/2021 at 8:35am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 4593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:35pm
Wanted to know if this is factory boosted and loses its tuner effect after something like 1-2 months? Or is it more like the Dignics 05 sponge which maintains its performance for a long time?
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Back to Top
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 08/15/2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 828
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 4:59pm
Was about to ask a similar question. Do you add a couple of layers straight out of the packet?

Have a sheet coming for FH and views would be appreciated. 


Edited by ghostzen - 11/21/2021 at 6:07pm
Back to Top
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 08/12/2005
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 826
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:12pm
I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 4593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I concluded the final testing of my sheet today and to me, it is a huge disappointment. After about two weeks it lost its tightness and its qualities faded away. I have not tried Dignics 09C but I managed to compare it to one of my teammate's T80 and they are lightyears apart.

It was a clever move from Tibhar to bring it out this time of the year after baiting the audiences by dragging out the market  launch. I have tried it on a Viscaria: there was no real spin difference compared to a Bluestorm Z1 or Z2. Then I put it on a Boll Forte OFF- but the end result was the same.

In brief, my take is that it is absolutely not worth the money. If you are into true Chinese rubbers, the K3 is very far from it. At the same time, it does not do anything better than any recent ESN rubber (Bluestorms and the likes from other brands).

Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Back to Top
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 08/12/2005
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 826
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 2:21am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:


Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!


Yes, I have found it to be so.

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.
Back to Top
timoboll89 View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 11/22/2009
Status: Offline
Points: 148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 5:54am
so i guess it's like the mx-p...the booster starts to lose its effect after a few weeks. 
Honestly i played in the past with mx-p and the rubbers were still going strong even after 2 months. 
Then it's up to you if you prefer to play with a fresh rubber sheet every month or so...
truth is probably the 95% of people on this forum (me included) are not even capable of exploiting the full potential of this kind of rubbers and would benefit more by playing with slower equipment


Edited by timoboll89 - 11/22/2021 at 5:55am
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 4593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:


Is there like a significant drop in spin production potential and catapult after like 2 weeks?!


Yes, I have found it to be so.

I am curious as to what other members have experienced. I know my review is very abrupt.

Damn if that is true, I'm sticking with tried and true Dignics....
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Back to Top
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 08/15/2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 828
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:10am
My K3 arrived today so will get chance to have a hit in a few days. Also give a sheet to a mate as well to try. Sounds like to give it some longer life a fair bit of boosting will be needed...


Edited by ghostzen - 11/22/2021 at 8:13am
Back to Top
skv_lviv View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 02/15/2005
Location: Ukraine
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:22am
2 weeks so far: 3 training sessions and 1 competition. Hopefully it won't start loosing its qualities in a week or less, that would be a huge disappointment
Back to Top
Zwill View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/10/2017
Location: Hungary
Status: Offline
Points: 112
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 9:23am
Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC 85g AN old version
FH: Mizuno Q5 2.1 black, 51g
BH: Rozena 2.1 red 46g
DHS No15 glue
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 4593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Back to Top
skv_lviv View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 02/15/2005
Location: Ukraine
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 1:49am
I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.
Back to Top
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 01/01/2012
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 2157
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Just from my short stint with D09c it looks durable as hell. 25 hours in it and looks literally as new. (except for my thumb area) Never seen a rubber hold up so well. So maybe it has a reasonable price in the end???

Probably MX-P is one of the more durable rubbers from ESN, it has different sponge than other brands and even without booster it's pretty nice.

I used K2 before and I would also consider it above normal ESN durability, and I didn't really feel the factory boost nor the absence of it over time. K3 looks a bit expensive to be honest, especially with the negative feedback it's getting.

My 09c lasted almost a year with only minor degradation in performance.... It is really something else altogether. I'm trying out K1 plus now and it's amazing out of the packet but I feel like I'll probably go back to 09c if the performance deteriorates after just 1-2 months, ironically that makes it even more expensive than 09c....
For me it's 80 euro (£67.5) per dignics vs £26.5 per rubber with 4 K3 and 4 MX-P.

I prefer to have a newly factory boosted rubber every 2 months (I'm rather addicted to the out of pack tensor effect), than change every 5 months for dignics

Personal preference as my level is similar, if that makes sense
Timo Boll ALC 92g FL
Tibhar Hybrid K3 Max B
Tibhar Hybrid K3 Max R
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Back to Top
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 08/15/2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 828
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:34am
£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers
Back to Top
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 01/01/2012
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 2157
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

£26.50 a sheet is good. Where are you getting that from online?

Cheers
Tabletennis11

4x MXP (4 for 3), 4x Hybrid K3 (30% off)

Comes to 200 something Euros, divide by 8 and convert to GBP ;)


Timo Boll ALC 92g FL
Tibhar Hybrid K3 Max B
Tibhar Hybrid K3 Max R
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Back to Top
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 08/15/2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 828
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:22am
Cheers nice one. Thanks

Edited by ghostzen - 11/23/2021 at 10:23am
Back to Top
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/05/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5000
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2021 at 5:14am
Originally posted by skv_lviv skv_lviv wrote:

I haven't played with a rubber that lasts longer than 3 months at least since 2008 (don't really remember how it was with a speed glue, but I suspect that it was the same up to 3 months that time too). Haven't tried too many different rubbers, and most of them were ESN, but there was T05 as well. Topsheet is usually still fine, but sponge is dead (maybe except H3 neo, but I didn't like it that time, so I still replaced it after 3 months). I don't believe that I'll be able to play D09C for a year. 6 month sounds possible, but currently K3 doesn't make me want to try something else. And if K3 will be able to keep properties I like in it for at least 3 month, then I'll stick with it on my FH for long. I wish it was a tiny bit faster, but not that critical, especially on a FH side.

SKV,

One of my local TT buddies is a good level amateur player and simply LOVES the K1 (sry, not K3) and it is one of the most controlable rubbers he ever played - everything there for spin and feel.

K1 lasts him MONTHS and MONTHS. I can use K1 on BH in any hardness - Euro or Plus or Pro. For the money a very worthy rubber usable on both wings.


Edited by BH-Man - 11/25/2021 at 5:17am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Back to Top
andzejgolot View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 10/26/2018
Location: Poland
Status: Offline
Points: 226
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2021 at 8:28pm
I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots
Back to Top
timoboll89 View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 11/22/2009
Status: Offline
Points: 148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:12am
dignics (all dignics) must be the most durable rubbers i tried so far…
Back to Top
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/18/2009
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 4593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:45am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

I read that Dignics 09c Has the worst durability, I mean IT is designed to be backhand rubber= less energy is involved on shots

Dude, 09c is specifically designed as a FH rubber lol
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
Forum Home | Go to the Forums | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2020 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.