Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colored Rubbers - USATT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colored Rubbers - USATT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colored Rubbers - USATT
    Posted: 10/18/2021 at 2:51pm
Newly colored rubbers are now legal in USATT tournaments, right?

I want to make sure before I prematurely swap rubbers.
Andro Treiber H (83g)
FH - andro Hexer Pips Force 2.1
BH - JOOLA Dynaryz ACC 2.2

Embrace the Dark Side.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2021 at 3:08pm
You have to use black on one side, the other can be any color except black
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
zhuangcorp7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhuangcorp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 12:57pm
What is the purpose of this new rule change? Seems very odd
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 5:03pm
Rule 2.4.6 is just a stub. It says nothing about the Pen style blades, bare wood side.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Rule 2.4.6 is just a stub. It says nothing about the Pen style blades, bare wood side.

I would assume you can use colored rubber on the forehand, but you have to use a black paint sheet on the back?

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2021 at 9:32pm
Hi,

I've personally see the Tibhar "the grass is greener" green Grass in a sanctioned tournament.

I know one person with three of the above sheets, all ordered from TableTennis11.

I saw, in practice, the JOOLA leader with a purple sheet of something inverted.

Thanks.
Ignoramus et ignorabimus
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 12:22am
but were they single-sided penholders?

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 1:02am
Originally posted by zhuangcorp7 zhuangcorp7 wrote:

To sell more rubber and make more money.

Edited by Vince64 - 10/20/2021 at 9:20am
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

To sell more rubber and more more money.

And popularized the sport amongst hot chicks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2021 at 3:34pm

I guess I'm a hot chick now. I converted from red to purple. It looks great and plays identical to the red. We'll see if durability remains the same.
Andro Treiber H (83g)

Embrace the Dark Side.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by alexuganski alexuganski wrote:

I guess I'm a hot chick now. I converted from red to purple. It looks great and plays identical to the red. We'll see if durability remains the same.

I personally saw many balls zinged with that rubber at our club (though no hot chick involved.)  It looked the real deal.

Thanks. 
Ignoramus et ignorabimus
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2021 at 9:24am
I can see a psychological advantage for that purple! I imagine it is hard to take it seriously and I suspect I would be surprised with my opponents game.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2021 at 11:04am
happy  Easter! 

Maybe the hot chicks  will be  fans 

Edited by cole_ely - 10/23/2021 at 11:05am

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I can see a psychological advantage for that purple! I imagine it is hard to take it seriously and I suspect I would be surprised with my opponents game.

Me and Mountain Man definitely need to get some of that purple stuff.  Psy Ops is our only chance of winning as it is, so need to beef that part of our game up to the max.

Mark - Who is considering getting a hot pink rubber and dyeing his beard to match.
denym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark - Who is considering getting a hot pink rubber and dyeing his beard to match.

You sure have Dennis Rodman fantasies  ClapOuch
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2021 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

To sell more rubber and more more money.

And popularized the sport amongst hot chicks
Clap
Still waiting for this to take effect after about 14 yrs. playing ConfusedLOL
Stiga Offensive
Oversize (FL): fh/bh - Nittaku Renanos
AnonPingPong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnonPingPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2021 at 6:13pm
More individuality!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2021 at 1:58am
Toxic rubbers deserve toxic coloration, it is much the same as the toxic animals.    
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2021 at 9:46am
I remember playing against green long pips, back in the day

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I remember playing against green long pips, back in the day

I used to play hardbat with green rubbers 30+ years ago.
SPEEDY
Visaria ST
Tenergy 64 (FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2021 at 12:44pm
The green is a very vibrant colour something like a flashlight in the night.. Alteration of racket sides in play by rotation ocasionally will not work any more. THANK YOU, TIBHAR.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2021 at 5:06pm

The green is a very vibrant colour something like a flashlight in the night.. Alteration of racket sides in play by rotation ocasionally will not work any more. THANK YOU, TIBHAR.

Can't you still buy them in red or black?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2021 at 2:37pm
Does any one know of any CHEAP new colored rubbers? $20 (US) or less. I only know of some higher end rubbers released in the new colors.
Andro Treiber H (83g)

Embrace the Dark Side.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2021 at 5:32pm
I have some yinhe I'd sell for 12ea

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2021 at 9:19am

Toxic rubbers deserve toxic coloration, it is much the same as the toxic animals.    

Yeh Like toxic posters posting  in thia forum when they re drinking.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 1:07am
ITTF and rubber manufacturers all agree that this is the best way to make table tennis more popular. 

Edited by Robin.w - 11/14/2021 at 1:07am
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 1:33am
I am rarely closed minded, but I think colours add complexity where it is not needed.  

I imagine a doubles scenario where one team mate uses green long pimples and the other green inverted rubber.  This would just add to confusion for players and spectators for example.

The only place I hoped a while back colours might change is a two coloured ball, something like orange and white hemispheres so that spin is more visual, increase the read and amount of returns and understanding for the audience... more clearly than just one brand name.

The colours do look funky though.
Michael Maze Straight handle + Hurricane 3-50
table tennis video
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I am rarely closed minded, but I think colours add complexity where it is not needed.  

I imagine a doubles scenario where one team mate uses green long pimples and the other green inverted rubber.  This would just add to confusion for players and spectators for example.

The only place I hoped a while back colours might change is a two coloured ball, something like orange and white hemispheres so that spin is more visual, increase the read and amount of returns and understanding for the audience... more clearly than just one brand name.

The colours do look funky though.

It doesn't differ from doubles where one team mate uses red long pimples and the other red inverted rubber.
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 1:10pm
I remember playing with a green Mark V many years ago.

I have a fairly intense dislike for red as a color, so if the right rubber is available, I will happily switch to green or blue on one side.  I kinda like black Dignics 09C, so if Butterfly makes a green D05 for my BH, I'll be the first in line to get one.

ILya
BTY Ovcharov ALC ST
Dignics 09C
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

It doesn't differ from doubles where one team mate uses red long pimples and the other red inverted rubber.
I thought about that just before posting.  I am just thinking that association might happen because of the novelty.  

When we all used red and black we aren't focussing on novelty items.  I just find the less distractions the better and less camoflage the better. 

I hate when people where white or white parts to the front of their clothing if using a white ball and white walls behind them for example.  The more variety of colours, the more mix up becomes possible.

Anyhow, my examples might be poor, but the idea of adding changes to the game that do nothing to improve playing it seem like what ITTF have not stopped excelling at.Clap 
Michael Maze Straight handle + Hurricane 3-50
table tennis video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic