Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hurricane 2 is better than H8 & H3-50
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane 2 is better than H8 & H3-50

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2022 at 2:27am
Had a bit of a hit with the H2 + primorac carbon with my kid... It feels good but the weight is not ideal for near the table.  I have no access to a partner or space to play from far but I know this would be amazing from far away...  The ball really kicks forward with little effort with this blade.  

The ishilion still seems to be the best (lighter with the same speed in my mind any way), but I am narrowing down to two blades still.  Ishlion will be the go to blade but I refuse to ever buy another.

I can't deny I have a soft spot for the Versal still even if I think it is too slow from a distance.  The lightness can make up for it if I whip my arm quicker, nearer the table.  I got my fingers crossed that the 38 degrees Hurricane 2 plays better on the versal than the 39 and 40 degrees H2 / H8 I have been loving the feeling of.  The harder the rubber is to hit through into the blade, the more reward of solid blade I feel I deserve.

I highly doubt the Versal will feel too slow with a sheet of brand new 05 against strong players on the other side.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 01/11/2022 at 2:35am
TSP Versal + Baby-oiled Hurricane 2
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 5:39am
After inheriting two sheets of 1 year old dignics 09c I think I might not need to buy anything for the forehand.  Looking at the sponge, 09c is noticably thinner than my H2 boosted sponge...  Yet it plays pretty dam well.  It does not feel like it bottoms out at all, on the Versal at least anyway.  The hardness seems to be well designed as a result.

I sprayed canola oil on the 09c and it seems to be a bit better after (not scientific)...

There is no question 09c is a special breed of its own.  The catapult is noticable and I find I only need do a simple compact stroke to get it going where I want.  GREAT!

The most noticable thing is this.

I put plastic protectors on my good rubbers.  When the hurricanes are brand new they stick with no air/white noticable.. ie the protector sticks flush.. Same with washing with water.  The water just falls right off the top sheet when new.  When getting worn the water stays on the surface.

These much older and used 09c are therefore noticably smoother after a year!  Because the water does not sit on the rubber and the protectors sit flush to the surface....

So they are right.  09c lasts are mofo long time.  

The hurricanes I believe use a final vulcanisation layer which wears away quickly.  

I am guessing 09c does not... Its just a through and through the same high quality rubber.

One thing I am not sure about this old black sheet is the topsheet can be pealed back near the handle... So not sure if it is age or quality on that part of the combination.

I may buy 09c when I spend longer with these inherited sheets.  

(I would not get rid of Hurricane 2 on one side because Hurricane is superior in service, brushing loops  and short game still)...

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 01/22/2022 at 5:55am
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 10:25pm
Played about 2 hours today with Simon who is roughly somewhere between division 1 and 2 at our club.  We were roughly 50/50 on game score and we are basically opposite wings for strengths in the usual attacking style.  

His forehand is strong my  backhand is strong.

The point of this post is more about using 09c which I started trying more on both sides of the Versal today a lot more.

It is an a year old so what I say about it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think to some degree the fact that my H2 is 2.2mm and the 09c is 2.1 makes a big difference too.  

Max Hurricane 2 is better than an old sheet of 09c on either FH or BH for counter looping.

There simple.  

09c is too low throw, not always, but overall I was clipping the net or getting nothing useful from it except an occasional flat shot and I rarely choose to do them....  

So Hurricane 2 is better for me at least, on both sides.  

I wish I had a free sheet of 05 to try again for my forehand because I don't want to pay money to decide that I don't like it as much as H2 too.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 01/26/2022 at 10:46pm
Watch me playing TT
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:31am
D09C is too low through ??? 😳
Thanks for this really good joke. 😂
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:40am
Joker has tried the Hurricane rubbers in the heading to make a comparison?   

I guess not.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - Yesterday at 1:41am
Watch me playing TT
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 38 minutes ago at 8:50am
Oh yes, I have tested several versions of H3 (different hardness, Neo and non Neo, Commercial and Provincial) and the throw angle of D09C is higher than all of these H3 that I have tested and I don't believe that H2 will have a much higher throw than H3. Therefore the only reason for your impressions can be the fact that the D09C is already dead (too old).
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 7 minutes ago at 8:21pm
Thanks for comments.  I did put the 'old' point in there in case.  Oh well... looks like I can't say I have really tried D09c then.  I know for sure it has got catapult even if it is old.  I just think I have gotten used to grazing loops and more spin than speed of boosted H2 which land a lot more on the table for me at least anyways.

I tried measuring my super boosted H2 2.2 and it looks like it's right on the 4mm border (my eyes aren't good enough to see more detail than that).  Noticably thicker than unboosted 09c.  I'd say much of the difference is there and the tack of course.
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic