Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fan / Ma  WTTC prep final
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan / Ma WTTC prep final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan / Ma WTTC prep final
    Posted: 11/15/2021 at 8:16pm
Did anyone else think the FZ vs ML final looked really sloppy (by those guys standards).  Lots of missed serve returns and what I would call unforced errors (on shots they normally do not miss).

They did play some great points and there were incredible shots.  But the overall quality of play seemed much lower than in their pevious matches.

Mark - Who would be elated if he managed to play even 10 times as they did.
Sponsored Links

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2021 at 9:23pm
I don’t think they take it too seriously. FZD was testing out a new blade from Butterfly during this match .
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Did anyone else think the FZ vs ML final looked really sloppy (by those guys standards).  Lots of missed serve returns and what I would call unforced errors (on shots they normally do not miss).

They did play some great points and there were incredible shots.  But the overall quality of play seemed much lower than in their pevious matches.

Mark - Who would be elated if he managed to play even 10 times as they did.

Very good observation. It was a very award match.  31 players Vs 1 player. The men side of this whole warm up tournament is just to prepare FZD for the WTTC. A lot of fans in China said that the result was kind of as planned. FZD and ML met in the final and FZD beat ML badly to boost his confidence.

Even before the match, many fans predicted that ML did not dare to win unless he wants to leave CNT for ever. Many many fans in China still can't accept the fact that ML in his current condition doesn't get to play in the WTTC. 

I enjoyed ML's matches before the finals. He really showed off his touch and versatile skills. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2021 at 1:20am
Ma Long was clearly toying around, using his BH, hook and reverse pendulum serves for the most part compared to his favoured FH pendulum and the deadly Ma Lin style heavy backspin/no spin serve which destroyed Lin Gaoyuan in the last WTTC. 

Also he was toying around with his BH, showcasing what he is capable of (I saw everything from down the line rips, mid distance BH powerloops, chopblocks, fade blocks, etc...). But Ma Long can't win against FZD going BH to BH, it just doesn't happen.

I think Ma Long just wanted to give FZD extra confidence in the upcoming WTTC where he kindly bowed out to leave the door wide open for poor FZD who has been living under his shadow for so many years...

Edited by blahness - 11/16/2021 at 1:22am
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2021 at 5:28am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I think Ma Long just wanted to give FZD extra confidence in the upcoming WTTC where he kindly bowed out to leave the door wide open for poor FZD who has been living under his shadow for so many years...

You are 100% correct.  I think Ma Long wanted to get to the final and then give confidence to FZD so Fan could perform well at the worlds.  Ma didn't look concerned at all and was trying all kinds of new things out.  He was also chop blocking a bit too much and didn't care when he missed. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic