Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kim Taek Soo The Legend: eBay buyer says its fake
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kim Taek Soo The Legend: eBay buyer says its fake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kim Taek Soo The Legend: eBay buyer says its fake
    Posted: 11/17/2021 at 5:54am
Hi there, 

I recently sold a "Kim Taek Soo The Legend" blade on eBay and the buyer (US) has requested a refund.

I would like to take this opportunity to make this accusation public so that the buyer can read your opinion. With a little luck, someone will also get in touch directly from Tmount.

The buyer believes the blade is counterfeit because, unlike a similar Signature series blade he owns, it does not have a serial number. I would like to gather evidence here on my part that this blade is genuine.

• Even if Mr. Kim's signature could be counterfeit (one has to make sure to get it right since you only have one shot on a wooden surface) the "The Legend" lettering on the left side of the wood has literally been burned in and is only found on the "The Legend" model. How could I have faked that?
  • The Han Character 特 which is an adjective for "special" or "exceptional" is only found on this limited Signature series. I don't even know how to fake that one.
  • Why would I even fake the original packaging or sell a fake blade in a real box? It just makes no sense!
  • I have sold and offered quite a few blades with positive reviews so far. Why would I fake this one in particular? Are all my offered items therefore fake? 
  • Why would I go to all the trouble to create a perfect fake and then leave out the serial number? Because there is no serial number for this model!

It is very clear from my pictures that the blade does not have a serial number. Why didn't the buyer ask about the authenticity right away? Questions upon questions. LOL

Edited by mischasln - 11/17/2021 at 8:15am
Sponsored Links

jpenman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 7:55am
I rather think someone is trying to rip you off. The fact alone that the buyer didn't directly ask about the authenticity of the blade, but immediately demanded a refund, says a lot. 

As someone who has known Mischa for a long time, I can assure you that he would never offer any counterfeit blades - let alone own one. 

Edited by jpenman - 11/17/2021 at 7:56am
wisejuni View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisejuni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 8:42am
Wow.. how can you just assume that I'm trying to rip this person off? 
I purchased Signature Edition from Tmount directly prior to purchasing a Limited Edition from this seller. 
Signature Edition has serial number laser engraved on the blade. (See picture below)

So when I saw the limited edition without the serial, I had to ask Tmount if they can authenticate the blade for me. I contacted the sales person that I worked with before ([email protected]) and he replied that he can't authenticate just by looking at the picture. (see the blade without serial number)

I was just concerned and just wanted refund because I didn't do anything to the blade. ( I was about to applied glue and saw that there was no serial so I stopped). 
All I want from this seller is the invoice that he purchased this blade from Tmount now. Then I will accept the blade as is. But don't just assume that I am ripping the seller off when you are not sure about what is really going on.
Jpen Lover
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 9:02am
Which fake makers would invest his time and money in building a fake Tmount blade, especially a JPen ?
Most of the players I know do not even know this brand.

Those people who make fakes want to maximize their profit by making copies of BTY viscaria, ZJK, TBS or Mizutani blades, the popular blades which are used by many players from all level so...sought by a large number of people....Interesting to make those copies in large numbers.
The only JPen which could be interesting to copy is the KTS BTY red label which is known eve by non JPenner. I would be very surprised if this Tmount was a fake.

Nittaku Goriki 94gr, dignics 09 max, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 9:20am
After all the evidence given, he still does not believe me, can you guys imagine? I just wrote an email to Tmount hoping to get an answer soon. He claims to asked them as well, and that they told him, that "they replied that they can't authenticate by just looking at the photo". I haven't seen his email, but I wonder:

You sent them this particular picture only? Seriously? Why didn't you send them the link to the auction and all pictures included? 

As I already wrote you on eBay, a Korean friend of mine (he's also a myTT member) bought the blade from Double Sports. You can ask Daniel Kim ([email protected]) who works for Double Sports about the purchase. I bought the blade in October 2019, and it was sent to me directly without any invoice by my friend. 

Just imagine: you buy an expensive blade after seeing 11 high-res photos, you wait weeks for it to arrive, and you demand a refund because you realized it has no serial number without asking the seller prior who has 11 other J-Pen blades on eBay? This is what you claim as "Item is not as described"? Clap

Edited by mischasln - 11/17/2021 at 9:31am
wisejuni View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisejuni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 9:50am
Ok I guess I was just too concerned. 
I just wanted to know when he purchased the blade because Tmount Rep told me they started to engrave serial number after Oct 2020. I didn't add that to my ebay msg then he would tell me that he purchased prior to 2020. 
Even though he didn't provide the invoice, the seller mentioned that he got the blade in 2019, (which was the time that Tmount didn't engrave serial number) I will just trust him. 
Again, please understand my side of perspective that when I saw the blade without the serial, I was so upset that I might have gotten the fake blade. But you all made point.. why would someone counterfeit non popular Jpen Blade. 
Again, I'm sorry for accusing you but now I can be at ease that I got the authentic product. 
You can simply ignore refund request. 
Thanks
Jpen Lover
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 10:02am
Please close the refund request on eBay, and we're cool.
wisejuni View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisejuni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2021 at 12:08pm
Case closed! Smile

Jpen Lover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic