Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - late pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

late pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
astaroyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astaroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: late pro
    Posted: 12/30/2021 at 3:27pm
do you know any pro player who started playing tt at 15 years old or more?
Sponsored Links

Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 5:15am
Define Pro.  Also define the word "Start." 

Most of the time, players who achieve a high level who claim to have started late have a funny definition of the word "start."  "Yea, I started at age 20.  I mean I played all my life but I only started playing 6 hours a day once I hit 20." 

Personally I define "start" as the first time you pick up a racket to play.  I haven't heard of anyone who achieved a world ranking of over 200 who "started" past age 15.  When I trained in China one of the national team coaches told me that if Waldner started at age 16, with perfect coaching, he would have only been a province level player.  To make a province team by starting at 16, you would have to be the most naturally talented player of all time in ideal circumstances. 
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 10:35am
Hugo Calderano is example, but if he would use Zhang Jike Blue Dragon he won't never pick his level
Zhang jike blue dragon is the worst blade!
From reactional paddles
To playin' some of the hottest TT equipment World has ever seen
From droppin' some of the hottest equipment advices TT has ever heard
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 11:05am
Calderano started practicing at age 8.  He started training full time at age 14. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 12:50pm
WCT
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 1:06pm
Wong started playing table tennis aged six against his brother. He joined a club at age nine.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 10:00pm
   Table tennis is a direct road to beggary.

The most likely destiny for a table tennis player is miserity and beggary. This is the reason that I entered Technical Universtity, table tennis earning nothing for me.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Table tennis is a direct road to beggary.

The most likely destiny for a table tennis player is miserity and beggary. This is the reason that I entered Technical Universtity, table tennis earning nothing for me.

If you are good, Germany and their  even low league gives you good money, next you learn language and they give you very good job, next you training kids, you have very good job, and CEO of your company  watch your games so you have very good money because you are face of club and you live in small cities, local star 
but table tennis and their marketing is very bad, they had very good quality of games and they broke their own formula with new balls, so table tennis started to be less exciting =less money, less people, less sponsors,
After all, you must get a lot of "high level sessions" which cost a lot of money and even with sessions you won't be even provintional level player because it always someone who have more talent and better quality, physical, natural resistant  to stress and all kind "pro life of habits"

OK. For me the worst part of table tennis is looking on guys who gives everything on sport
- diet
- job
- social life
and see how their life is going down and they gets nothing, and after all I know guys who were top tier young talents, and they grown up and they get money from playing table tennis and their last worry about life
is
table tennis
so  Wannabe ProS needs more distance to own plans because you live like MONK and you calculate everything just to go to table everyday and next match you must win every points, too much stress for this type of renouncement
University? I didnt show up it f**ked my flow up
Zhang jike blue dragon is the worst blade!
From reactional paddles
To playin' some of the hottest TT equipment World has ever seen
From droppin' some of the hottest equipment advices TT has ever heard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic