Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VR Oculus 2 - Eleven tt game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VR Oculus 2 - Eleven tt game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VR Oculus 2 - Eleven tt game
    Posted: 01/01/2022 at 5:42am
For those who have the Eleven table tennis game on VR, feel free to add me. Liulin04

See you in the Matrix

Edited by liulin04 - 01/01/2022 at 5:42am
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 5:53am
how realistic is it? are tt skills transferring well to the Oculus version? loop, chops, drop shots it's all there?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 7:47am
yup. Very realistic and I work out a sweat every time. Hyper realistic
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

how realistic is it? are tt skills transferring well to the Oculus version? loop, chops, drop shots it's all there?

It's not a 1 to 1 transfer. I think it's best to treat them as 2 separate games with SOME cross-over... otherwise you will be disappointed. 

The footwork, placement and that sort of thing along with the physical fitness aspect is as close as you want it to be! But, make no mistake, there will be good VR gamers who've learned how to play within that system and would not do nearly as well at the "real" thing. 

Chops for instance, are not nearly as effective in the game. The required angles are much less finnicky in the VR version. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 12:29pm
A few months ago I entertained the idea to have a new section reserved to table tennis video games. Because of the confinement, I thought it would be another way to bring people to the real game while staying in touch with an ever digitized and virtualized world, all related to our game. It did not go anywhere so I guess this thread IS the new section and you are the mod, thank you for your service LOL.
I am thinking of selling that $300 Xbox my kids never use to try that game. I am looking forward to watching some YouTube videos of your performances if it's possible to export them.
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 7:45pm
My opinion as a 2 winged shakehand looper is very very different,  I find it almost exactly 1 to 1 If I am doing good in eleven I am doing good irl and vice versa. I even find that practicing in eleven has helped my game quite a bit especialy counterlooping. One of the biggest advantages to practicing in eleven is that when you practice you can see how fast the ball is going and how much rotation it has. This is great because if you take some advice or decide to try something new with your strokes you can see whether or not it is working right away. You will be suprised by how many times you think you just hit an absolute rocket but then you look at the screen and it was slower than usual. The only thing that is slightly different imo is that it is easier to recieve serves and do touch shots aganst spin in general. Your negative experience could be due to a couple of things. The first is that you are not using a controller adapter and therefore the weight distribution is different, I had the same experience before i started using one and then when I did things started transferring over more easily. The second thing that helped things cross over was getting the racket settings right, This was a lot of trial and error but I eventually found a small spreadsheet of lab tested settings for a few popular rubbers on their discord server (It has the settings for some of the tenergy series as well as mxp goldarc and h3 neo if anyone wants it I will find it and post it on here as well as the settings that i use) This provided a good base and eventually I got it set up perfect. The biggest piece of setup advice that i can give is that most players haave agreed that most inverted rubbers throw setting is  between 1.10 and 1.18 unlike the standard setting which is 1.00. This racket setup issue is a much bigger issue for pips players because the physics to simulate pimpled rubbers is quite complicated so therefore choppers have to compromise and I dont tend to see many choppers above 2000. There is a beta of the game which you can get added to, in there they have a setting called lateral restitution or somithing like that that simulates the lateral movement of pimpled rubbers although i do not play with pips and therefore I have not experimented with it as much. 
Even if you dont find it realistic it is still a blast and definitelty worth a try.
"ya like jazz" -Barry B Benson
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 8:04pm
For shakehand players, I recommend getting a paddle adapter. I saw Dan from TTD playing with it. I initially played without one, but the forehand loops smashed and drives were so hard to execute. Backhand j have no problem with flicks and loops. After countless misses, I put in an order for an adapter last night and am waiting for it to arrive. Meanwhile, I just found playing as penhold works well with just the naked controller. Forehand loops went in 80% of the time instead of <5% with the shakehand forehand. And penhold rpb is so easy to execute. I definitely recommend getting this for those who cannot play at the clubs, like myself. At least I'm getting a great sweaty workout everytime.
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 8:42pm
personally I use alot of wrist in my backhand so I need the momentum to get my backhand to work, forehands were  consistent for me but lacked speed and rotation without the adapter. but both felt so much better with the adapter. the big caveat is that it gets very very heavy with the adapter (i measured 215 grams) so if you use a light setup irl it will take a while to get used to it.
"ya like jazz" -Barry B Benson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 10:29pm
Other big differences have to do with grip pressure. Meaning, you cannot tense/relax your grip tightness to affect the ball. For me, this is a HUGE element missing from the VR game. No idea how they could add that in either. 

This is a problem because... say you like fast settings... but when you go to short block, it's ALWAYS fast due to the base speed of the VR setting. You can try to do a pull-back block, but that's often an unnecessary movement when playing IRL. 

I like the game a lot and think you could certainly learn to play from the VR alone or vice versa. Having said that, still some gaps in feeling/VR game mechanics that do not follow IRL pong. 

I played the VR game up to a world rank of around #150 some months ago. That similar rating now since logging back in is in the high 400s. So, it's good to see many more players of a high skill level have joined the ranks! 

Edited by obesechopper - 01/01/2022 at 10:32pm
allencorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allencorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 12:28am
A couple of other observations. It has a nice ball machine you can program for almost any type of shot. Much cheaper than a real TT robot and no table needed. Huge amount of players worldwide at any time of day or night if you want competition. The developer is very active on the discord channel, and there is a great community on that channel for any kind of advice, including paddle settings and the transfer of skills to real life TT.
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 2:38am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Other big differences have to do with grip pressure. Meaning, you cannot tense/relax your grip tightness to affect the ball. For me, this is a HUGE element missing from the VR game. No idea how they could add that in either. 

This is a problem because... say you like fast settings... but when you go to short block, it's ALWAYS fast due to the base speed of the VR setting. You can try to do a pull-back block, but that's often an unnecessary movement when playing IRL. 

I like the game a lot and think you could certainly learn to play from the VR alone or vice versa. Having said that, still some gaps in feeling/VR game mechanics that do not follow IRL pong. 

I played the VR game up to a world rank of around #150 some months ago. That similar rating now since logging back in is in the high 400s. So, it's good to see many more players of a high skill level have joined the ranks! 

I'm also in the high 400s at the moment, after about 100 wins, which I'm absolutely stoked with.

I'm pretty happy as I think it's fun, and gives me competition [there are no players in my new city who are more than half my rating, unfortunately]. Footwork, timing, movement, service and the mental side of the game are all being tested as you get to play exceptional real life players once you reach the top end of the ranked ladder. There are many dozens semi-pro/Div1 or Div2 European players for example. It's incredible we can play those players. I played my country's Ex-#1, and managed to get 1 W 1 L against him, so clearly in real life I'm expecting similar things to happen :).

The Sanlaki adapter makes the game a lot better, as does tinkering / being aware of multiple settings. The pushing / chopping with the adaptor becomes a lot better if you follow along with the Discord channel and follow the tips / guides on settings there, for example. The settings you were using in the past, have now been superceded - curve correction I believe is the one that fixes the pushing or otherwise high speed shots being tracked well. Yes, the grip-pressure issue is one that's probably going to be a long running impossibility with current tech.

I basically copied the settings from a top 5/top 10 player (Alex or something), and then tinkered around [i.e. I wanted a lower arc rubber to better mimic the Razka PO FH SP's I have]. The dev's are going to specifically put in support for LP's/anti reasonably soon too, so it's quite inclusive.

The Dev's are exceptionally active both in working on the game, and being involved in the community and just want to grow the sport. About 100,000 players joined in about 20 days, recently. About 850k ranked accounts if not a million now, with plenty of players saying they are / will join a TT club now [or vice versa].

For me, the triumvate of a real life Power Pong Omega Robot in the garage, Live play with a keen player at the local stadium, and Eleven VR TT is a pretty fun way to enjoy TT. The Robot/VR are both things you can do for say 30 minutes (or much longer), which is great for when you are time constrained [i.e. work], or just want a quick workout that day.

Real life brings the skills you've worked on in any of those outlets, all together. I'm sure each of them is making me a stronger player, especially given the lack of middling/strong training partners. I have gotten more spin on my best serve [the BH top-sidespin serve Dima likes], because in VR you are rewarded exponentially for getting more acceleration at point of contact.  My sidestepping/stamina in doing so, is getting better over time as I get to do it more often in a week than without VR etc.

If you can stump up the $300 for a Quest 2 [lowest latency way to play 11 VR TT], I'd thoroughly recommend it. The specific game is only another $20 or so, and the Headset has many many uses.

Edited by Basquests - 01/02/2022 at 2:42am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 9:31am
I'll have to take a look at those settings!

Last year there was a period when the DEVs accidentally allowed the long pip/anti settings into the main game, not just beta. I went on a total terror then! 

When they fixed the error, I shifted away from the game after having seen the light! Cry

Now, I'm back to playing some and enjoy all the competition aspects. Sure, the paddle and such might not be exact to real life... though the many other points you can work on, right from your own home, are wonderful! 

I was like basquet for a while. Using the VR, robot and playing lower ranked people. In fact, I think had I focused on just the real life robot to groove my strokes/maintain IRL contact, and competed against players in the VR game only, my IRL ability would have been even higher! Back when I was playing, they still had the 'phaser' table where people could swing through the tabletop! Now they've made it so your paddle 'hits' the VR table and the shot won't count. So there were a number of areas I felt made the VR game too unrealistic. These days, having fired it up over the last week or so, I see many improvements have been implemented. 
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

I basically copied the settings from a top 5/top 10 player (Alex or something), and then tinkered around [i.e. I wanted a lower arc rubber to better mimic the Razka PO FH SP's I have]. The dev's are going to specifically put in support for LP's/anti reasonably soon too, so it's quite inclusive.

Curious as to what settings you are using to mimic the Rakza PO's. Haven't played the game in a while but in the meantime I switched to FH SP's too. 
Dr. Neubauer Texa Balsa, FH: Dr. Neubauer Tornado Supreme, BH: Tibhar FX-P
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 11:52am
Apparently we can export our games as videos:

Here is how it's done:, it's laughably easy :)

Here is TTD's Dan talking about the game:

Edited by stiltt - 01/02/2022 at 12:53pm
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Static Static wrote:

Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Curious as to what settings you are using to mimic the Rakza PO's. Haven't played the game in a while but in the meantime I switched to FH SP's too. 

I will endeavor to find the settings over the next week and post them here, however I haven't yet seriously tried to 'mimic' Razka, simply I've tried to make it more like a lower arc, less spinny rubber in broad strokes, so that I roughly am getting similar balls back in VR / real life, without changing my stroke too much, as the Alex guy's settings were to get an ALC + 2 BFLY rubbers, and I'm sure he's spent dozens of hours playing around with the settings to try get a very similar input [i.e. how he's hitting each ball to get it on] and output [how much spin/arc/speed result from each input] pairing.
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2022 at 10:52pm
Pretty cool. I used to be pretty good at Rockstar TT (old game, not VR) - even less realistic but still fun. Not sure if Oculus still requires the Facebook account but I definitely don't want anything to do with their products either way. Eleven is listed on Steam - not sure if you can use other headsets and controllers or what. I've been waiting for a clearer next gen before dipping into VR. 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 9:36am
I have a son in-law with the game who is at best a very, very poor garage player. But he is very computer savvy, athletic and smart. He thinks he will be able to use this to beat me...I try to break it too him easy.
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 12:43am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I have a son in-law with the game who is at best a very, very poor garage player. But he is very computer savvy, athletic and smart. He thinks he will be able to use this to beat me...I try to break it too him easy.

There's no room for mercy, especially in a garage.

Finish. Him!

Seriously though, don't give him too much of a false sense of reality. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic