Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - National Team Coaching Staff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

National Team Coaching Staff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National Team Coaching Staff
    Posted: 01/05/2022 at 10:34pm
Hi,

The USATT announced its National Team Coaching Staff.  I do not know how the selections were made.

First it should be said that all the selections are good ones.  There is no reason to question the competence of any of the members.

Were I to make such a selection, the composition would be much different.  A couple or maybe three on this list would have made my coaching team. 

There are some very remarkable coaching competencies in this country that reflect the diversity of backgrounds in the coaching profession that such a coaching squad needs to present the richness of the sport from the extensive and varied backgrounds my selections have, in addition to the proven U.S. coaching successes that have justified the admiration and recognition they have received.  

This just-selected current Coaching Staff does not reflect sufficiently the great value of international coaching competencies that the United States need to form a strong foundation.  With the absence of this coaching experiential width and breadth in this current Coaching Staff, we are left with a harmful narrowness.

This USATT National Coaching Staff is a disappointment.

Thanks
Ignoramus et ignorabimus
Sponsored Links

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 12:24am
Is your list of recommended coaches available anywhere?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 1:47am
If you select the team purely on merit, it's not likely to be the most diverse, and vice versa. A tough selection process indeed.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 10:03am
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

Is your list of recommended coaches available anywhere?
Yes, on the USATT website.
Stiga ALL 2000 '76; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 11:07am
I see the coaches that were selected, but I don’t see Donns picks there - did I miss something?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2022 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

I see the coaches that were selected, but I don’t see Donns picks there - did I miss something?
Sorry, my bad...I didn't read your question careful enough. Embarrassed
Stiga ALL 2000 '76; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2022 at 6:51pm
No worries Matt!  Donn I'd love to hear your picks / perspective on this, I've been out of the sport so I'm not super plugged into the latest developments in coaching on a national level.  Your perspective is welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic