Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Butterfly players look back on WTTC 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly players look back on WTTC 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly players look back on WTTC 2021
    Posted: 01/12/2022 at 8:18am
FZD, Karlsson, Boll, LJH, LYJ, CIC, Uda, Jha, Togami, Diaz, Sawettabut, Dang, Kallberg, and Harimoto.

https://www.patreon.com/gnopgnip
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2022 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Uda Uda wrote:

Until now, as the killing power of my forehand increased, I was too particular about using the forehand as much as possible, and since winning the All-Japan Championship, the balance between forehand and backhand has been disrupted.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23698-Tokyo-2020-2020-7-24-8-9&p=349842&viewfull=1#post349842
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

The thing with Uda right now is that he plays exactly like a South Korean player, placing too much reliance on form. He either upsets or gets upset, making him wildly unpredictable, but could be a great asset under the right conditions. OTOH, Togami has way more balance between FH and BH, making him much more consistent, that could be a great balancer for the team event between 2 extremes as Harimoto and Uda.

Originally posted by Togami Togami wrote:

When we actually faced each other across the table, Wang Chuqin looked very big and the pressure was great. I did not have the impression of mounting the attack.
However, once I returned the shot, it was surprisingly easy to keep the point in play. I have played against Fan Zhendong before, and I think that the quality of his drive was higher. For Wang Chuqin, he actually focuses on winning the rallies. Of course, the gap in service, receive and short game was huge, but I felt that I could have competed if I put some more work into it.

Originally posted by Harimoto Harimoto wrote:

To be honest, I thought it would be a tough match against anyone, and I was not in a state where I could face with 100% confidence like at the Olympics, so I was not confident even when I led 3-2 and there was something I could not win. Even though I was in the lead, I did not feel like I was winning, or I wasn't confident.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90856&PID=1120422&title=2021-wttc-houston-usa-nov-2329#1120422

Uda a complete train wreck...Harimoto gave off the same vibe as in the Olympic singles, not good, not bad, not ugly, but just didn't feel like he was winning when having the lead. Togami put up a decent performance for his first time. Didn't find his groove in the R32 against WCQ due to lack of experience.

Edited by zeio - 01/12/2022 at 8:50am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2022 at 10:59am

FZD, Karlsson, Boll, LJH, LYJ, CIC, Uda, Jha, Togami, Diaz, Sawettabut, Dang, Kallberg, and Harimoto.

The content is behind a paywall, can't view it.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2022 at 11:03am
It's open access.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2022 at 11:08am
You are correct. The page starts off "Select a membership level" with no free option. But if you click on the article you can read it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic