Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - European Summer Series 2022, 7/11-22
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

European Summer Series 2022, 7/11-22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 12:21am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Someone just explained to me that the Budapest tournaments used different tournament balls (the first DHS, the second Double Fish).  Explains a lot of what we saw with players who did well and advanced far in the first tournament struggling to play high level opposition with the new balls in the second.

No wonder, I saw Ma Long miss like 10 FH loops in a row against Franziska, and those were all bread and butter balls for him.....never seen him miss that much ever!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 1:26am
Harimoto's message on his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/haritomo0627/status/1550868801746616322
Quote WTTチ�£ンピオンズ優勝しました!
久しぶりの優勝ですが、喜びよりも驚きが勝�£ています!笑
どんなに苦しい時でも変わらず支えてくれた家族や関係者、ファンの方々、田勢�£�£やベンチコーチの�£さんをはじめとするNTスタッフの皆さんに感謝しかないです。
応援本当にありがとうございました!

Edited by zeio - 07/24/2022 at 1:27am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 4:21am
Stop exaggerating. I watched the whole match  and I only counted 3 missed forehand loops in a row in the first set. The forehand was fine by malong's standard in set 2 to 5. 

Edited by jackwong23 - 07/24/2022 at 6:42am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 6:37am
Just putting this out there in case anyone knows the answer.  In the pre-WTT days, ITTF would always make the Prospectus available to the public.  This would provide interesting details like entry deadlines and what ball/sponsor is being used.  I'm sure the national associations and pros get this information ahead of the tournaments, but does anyone know if this is available to the general public and where to find it? TIA.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 8:00am
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/cdd7d1b875459df279631334a492d1ad4719a944?page=2
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2022/07/024518.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20220724093459/https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/cdd7d1b875459df279631334a492d1ad4719a944?page=2(backup as the post-match interview is missing from the original on TV Tokyo official site and Yahoo News have a retention period)
Quote 張本智和 優勝インタビュー

試合後、目に涙を浮かべながらインタビューに答える張本

──何が起こ�£たのでしょうか

張本:自分でも何で勝�£たかまだわからない。�£直0-4の試合でしたけど、本当にあきらめずに戦い抜いた結果だと思うので。あきらめないで戦�£たから勝てたわけではないと思いますけど、今日は神様が味方してくれたと思います。

──もうワンゲーム�£て言�£たら、行けますか?

張本:いやあ、もうやりたくないです(笑)。

──WTTスターコンテンダーとチ�£ンピオンズの2大会、ご自身のパフォーマンスも含めてどう評価されますか

張本:スターコンテンダーで負けたときは、まさかこうなるとは予想できなか�£たので、本当に、日本チームのスタッフだ�£たり、家族のサポートがあ�£たから、立ち直�£てここまで来られたと思うので。

本当に自分の力ではま�£たくない、本当に皆さんのおかげでここまで来れました、ありがとうございます。

Tomokazu Harimoto victory interview

Harimoto answers the interview with tears in his eyes after the match

──What happened?

Harimoto: I still don't know why I won. To be honest, it was a 0-4 match, but I think it was the result of fighting without giving up. I don't think I won because I fought without giving up, but I think Kami-sama was on my side today.

──Say one more game, can you do it?

Harimoto: No, I don't want to do it anymore (laughs).

──How would you rate the two tournaments, WTT Star Contender and Champions, including your own performance?

Harimoto: When I lost in Star Contender, I couldn't have expected this to happen, so I think I was able to recover and come here because of the support of the Japanese team staff and my family.

I'm not really on my own, I'm really grateful to you all that I could've come this far, thank you.

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2022/07/024478.html
Quote 試合後のインタビュー、張本がまず今日の勝因から語る。

「オリンピックと同じように最終ゲームまで来ましたし、本当に実力のある選手なので、今日も7ゲーム目まで準備して戦�£た結果、最後逃げ切れたのでよか�£たです」

前大会・スターコンテンダー初戦負けからの切り替えができていることについて。

「昔と違�£て『終わ�£たものはしょうがない』という考えができているので。どれだけ悔やんでも取られたゲームは帰�£てこないですし、できることは次のゲーム取ることだけなので、それが今日はできたのかなと思います」

決勝の相手は中国の林高遠。2018年のグランドファイナル決勝でも勝�£ている相手だ。

「本当に自分を作�£てくれた試合でもあるので。ここ最近、海外での優勝ができていなくて、もう一度復活という意味でも、同じ相手に勝つことで復活したいと思うので。ラスト1試合、全力で戦いたいです」

【試合直後のインタビュー】

──たくさんのファンが応援していました

本当にたくさんの方に応援していただいて、心強か�£たですし、皆さんの応援に感謝したいです。

──準決勝からの7ゲームマッチについて

5ゲームと戦い方は全く違うので、久しぶりの7ゲームで少し体力的にきつい所はあ�£たんですけど、何とか気持ちで最後まで戦いきれたので、明日もう一試合7ゲームの準備をして、し�£かり頑張りたいです。

──決勝について

相手は中国の林高遠選手で、前回はおそらくグランドファイナルの決勝で(注:その後も対戦して1勝1敗)、同じくまた決勝の舞台なので。し�£かり準備して、よりよいプレーをして。勝ちを意識せず、し�£かり頑張りたいと思います。

【取材エリアでのインタビュー】

──フランツ�£スカとの準決勝について

オリンピックと同じように最終ゲームまで来ましたし、本当に実力のある選手なので、今日も7ゲーム目まで準備して戦�£た結果、最後逃げ切れたのでよか�£たです。

──タイムアウトがうまく行かなか�£たあとの最終ゲームについて

タイムアウトも結果的には相手に余�£�を与えてしま�£たんですけど、7ゲーム目も入る前に�£(崎岷)さんと話し合�£て、最後のゲーム1からやれたので、すぐ切り替えられたのはよか�£たです。

──初戦敗退とな�£たスターコンテンダーからの切り替えができています

昔と違�£て「終わ�£たものはしょうがない」という考えができているので、どれだけ悔やんでも取られたゲームは帰�£てこないですし、できることは次のゲーム取ることだけなので、それが今日はできたのかなと思います。

──林高遠(中国)との決勝に向けて

(2018年のグランドファイナル決勝は)本当に自分を作�£てくれた試合でもあるので。ここ最近、海外での優勝ができていないので、もう一度復活という意味でも、同じ相手に勝つことで復活したいと思うので、ラスト1試合、全力で戦いたいです。

In the post-match interview, Harimoto first talks about today's winning factors.

"It went the distance like at the Olympics, and he truly is a really strong player, so I came into the match prepared for game 7 today and I'm glad that I was able to escape at the end."

About being able to switch from the 1st round exit in the previous tournament Star Contender.

"Unlike in the past, I think that "it's no use crying over spilled milk." No matter how much I regret, the game I lost will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game, so that's what I did today."

The opponent of the final is Lin Gaoyuan of China, the finalist you defeated at the WTGF 2018.

"It's a match that was truly made for me. I haven't been able to win overseas recently, and I want to revive by beating the same opponent again. I will try my best in the last match."

[Interview immediately after the match]

── Many fans were cheering

It was encouraging to have so many people support me, and I would like to thank everyone for their support.

── About Bo7 matches from the semi-final

The way of fighting is completely different from Bo5, so I was a little squeezed in stamina in Bo7 after a long time, but I managed to fight to the end, so I will prepare to go the distance tomorrow and I will try my best.

── About the final

The opponent is China's Lin Gaoyuan. The last time was probably at the WTGF(Note: 1 win and 1 defeat in the matches after that), and it was also the final. I'll prepare well and play better. I want to do my best without being conscious of winning.

[Interview in the coverage area]

── About the semi-final with Franziska

It went the distance like at the Olympics, and he truly is a really strong player, so I came into the match prepared for game 7 today and I'm glad that I was able to escape at the end.

── About the final game after the timeout that did not go well

Even though the TO ended up giving the opponent room to breathe, before G7, I talked with Mr. Dong (Qiwen) and I was able to do it from the start of last game, so it was good to be able to switch immediately.

──You switched from the 1st round exit at the Star Contender

Unlike in the past, I think that "it's no use crying over spilled milk." No matter how much I regret, the game I lost will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game, so that's what I did today.

──Towards the final with Lin Gaoyuan (China)

It's a match that was truly made for me. I haven't been able to win overseas recently, and I want to revive by beating the same opponent again. I will try my best in the last match.

Edited by zeio - 07/24/2022 at 8:04am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 8:30am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Just putting this out there in case anyone knows the answer.  In the pre-WTT days, ITTF would always make the Prospectus available to the public.  This would provide interesting details like entry deadlines and what ball/sponsor is being used.  I'm sure the national associations and pros get this information ahead of the tournaments, but does anyone know if this is available to the general public and where to find it? TIA.

FFTT comes to the rescue.

WTT Star Contender ESS 2022
Haven't located it yet.

WTT Champions ESS 2022
https://www.fftt.com/site/medias/shares_files/wtt-champions-european-summer-series-2022-3994.pdf
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 8:35am
Question: in the first 3 sets, LGY was winning by hitting Harimoto hard at the elbow. Basically every loop was a kill. Then suddenly he couldn't do it anymore. What countermeasure did Harimoto take?

viscaria - fh mxd - bh 729 cross 44 deg   - 2015 video
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 9:09am
[QUOTE = zeio] https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/cdd7d1b875459df279631334a492d1ad4719a944?page=2
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2022/07/024518.html
https //web.archive.org/web/20220724093459/https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/cdd7d1b875459df279631334a492d1ad4719a944?page=2 (backup as the post-match interview is missing from the original on TV Tokyo official site) and Yahoo News have a retention period)
[quote] Tomokazu Harimoto Winner Interview

Answering the interview with tears in his eyes after the match Harimoto

──What happened?

I still don't know. It was a 0-4 match, but I think it was the result of fighting without giving up. I don't think I won because I didn't give up and fought, but I think God was on my side today.

── If you say another game, can you go?

──How would you rate the two tournaments, WTT Star Contender and Champions, including your own performance?

Harimoto: When I lost as a star contender, I couldn't expect this to happen, so I'm really a staff member of the Japanese team, and with the support of my family, I'm recovering here. I think I came to.

I really don't want to do it on my own, and thanks to everyone, I've come this far, thank you. [/ quote]
Tomokazu Harimoto victory interview

Harimoto answers the interview with tears in his eyes after the match

── What happened?

Harimoto: I still don't know why I won. To be honest, it was a 0-4 match, but I think it was the result of fighting without giving up. I don't think I won because I fought without giving up, but I think Kami-sama was on my side today

── How would you rate the two tournaments, WTT Star Contender and Champions, including your own performance?

Harimoto: When I lost in Star Contender, I couldn't have expected this to happen, so I think I was able to recover and come here because of the support of the Japanese team staff and my family.

I'm not really on my own, I'm really grateful to you all that I could've come this far, thank you.

Https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2022/07/024478.html
[quote] In a post-match interview, Harimoto first talks about today's winning factors.

"I've come to the final game just like the Olympics, and I'm a really talented player, so I'm glad I ran away at the end as a result of preparing for the 7th game and fighting today.

" About being able to switch from losing the first game of the Star Contender.

"Unlike in the past, I have the idea that'the end is unavoidable'. No matter how much I regret, the game that was taken will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game. So I wonder if that was possible today. ”

The final opponent is Lin Gaoyuan of China. He is also the winner of the 2018 Grand Finals.

"It's a match that really made me. I haven't been able to win overseas recently, and in the sense of reviving again, I want to revive by winning the same opponent. Last one match, I want to fight with all my strength. "

── Many fans supported me It was

really encouraging to have so many people support me, and I would like to thank everyone for their support.

── About 7 game matches from the semi-final

Since the way of fighting is completely different from 5 games, it was a bit physically difficult in 7 games after a long time, but I managed to fight to the end with feelings, so tomorrow I want to prepare for 7 games per game and do my best.

──About the final

The opponent is China's Lin Gaoyuan, who was probably in the final of the Grand Final last time (Note: 1 win and 1 defeat in the match after that), and it is also the stage of the final. Get ready and play better. I would like to do my best without being conscious of winning.

[Interview in the coverage area]

── About the semi-final with Franz Ska I

came to the final game as well as the Olympics, and since I am a really talented player, I prepared for the 7th game today and fought. As a result, I'm glad I ran away at the end.

──Is the time-out going well? About the final game after the time-out. The

time-out also gave the opponent an extra £, but before the 7th game, £ (Sakishima) I talked with him and I was able to do it from the last game 1, so I'm glad I switched immediately.

──You can switch from the Star Contender who lost the first game.

Unlike in the past, I have the idea that "the end is unavoidable", so no matter how much I regret it, the game that was taken will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game. I wonder if that was possible today.

──Because it was a match that really made you for the final against Lin Gaoyuan (China)

(the 2018 Grand Final final). Recently, I haven't won the championship overseas, so I want to revive by winning the same opponent in the sense of reviving again, so I want to fight with all my strength in the last match. [/ quote]
In the post-match interview, Harimoto first talks about today's winning factors.

"It went the distance like at the Olympics, and he truly is a really strong player, so I came into the match prepared for game 7 today and I'm glad that I was able to escape at the end. "

About being able to switch from the 1st round exit in the previous tournament Star Contender.

"Unlike in the past, I think that" it's no use crying over spilled milk. "No matter how much I regret, the game I lost will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game, so that's what I did today. "

The opponent of the final is Lin Gaoyuan of China, the finalist you defeated at the WTGF 2018.

" It's a match that was truly made for me. I haven't been able to win overseas recently, and I want to revive by beating the same opponent again. I will try my best in the last match. "

── Many fans were cheering

It was encouraging to have so many people support me, and I would like to thank everyone for their support.

── About Bo7 matches from the semi-final

The way of fighting is completely different from Bo5, so I was a little squeezed in stamina in Bo7 after a long time, but I managed to fight to the end, so I will prepare to go the distance tomorrow and I will try my best.

── About the final

The opponent is China's Lin Gaoyuan. The last time was probably at the WTGF (Note: 1 win and 1 defeat in the matches after that), and it was also the final. I'll prepare well and play better

[Interview in the coverage area] ──

About the semi-final with Franziska

It went the distance like at the Olympics, and he truly is a really strong player, so I came into the match prepared for game 7 today and I'm glad that I was able to escape at the end.

── About the final game after the timeout that did not go well

Even though the TO ended up giving the opponent room to breathe, before G7, I talked with Mr. Dong (Qiwen) and I was able to do it from the start of last game, so it was good to be able to switch immediately.

── You switched from the 1st round exit at the Star Contender

Unlike in the past, I think that "it's no use crying over spilled milk." No matter how much I regret, the game I lost will not come back, and all I can do is take the next game, so that's what I did today.

──Towards the final with Lin Gaoyuan (China)

It's a match that was truly made for me. I haven't been able to win overseas recently, and I want to revive by beating the same opponent again. I will try my best in the last match. [/ QUOTE]

Thanks a lot bro, Transcript of the post match interview with LGY or the sentiment around the team will be highly appreciated. 
How many eyes have seen their dreams
troubadour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troubadour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Question: in the first 3 sets, LGY was winning by hitting Harimoto hard at the elbow. Basically every loop was a kill. Then suddenly he couldn't do it anymore. What countermeasure did Harimoto take?

In the last 4 sets, Points were mostly shortened because LGY kept missing on receive or the 3rd ball, and TH used his forehand flick kill and half long serve to the forehand to great effect. Apacible already put up an analysis of the points LGY lost from 10-5 up in the 6th and 9-4 up in the 7th,all of them were of similar constitution: Gaoyuan kept eating up serves  or kept getting burned with the forehand flick and chiquita, or kept fumbling his 3rd ball attack.
Most open rallies went to LGY
How many eyes have seen their dreams
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 9:33am
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

In the last 4 sets, Points were mostly shortened because LGY kept missing on receive or the 3rd ball, and TH used his forehand flick kill and half long serve to the forehand to great effect. Apacible already put up an analysis of the points LGY lost from 10-5 up in the 6th and 9-4 up in the 7th,all of them were of similar constitution: Gaoyuan kept eating up serves  or kept getting burned with the forehand flick and chiquita, or kept fumbling his 3rd ball attack.
Most open rallies went to LGY

Agreed with this, Harimoto can't stand against LGY in the open rallies - he was just getting destroyed there, so he intentionally avoided it, by simply trying to attack first and finish the point outright (especially with the FH pivoting). Also, Lin Gaoyuan's chiquita stroke structure is such that he can't handle heavy pure underspin unlike say Fan Zhendong or Lin Yun Ju who can chiquita with open blade angles and with many variations - I remember Ma Long completely destroyed him in the WTTC with similar serves. 
Also, Lin Gaoyuan's stroke structure is such that he produces a lot of sidespin in his topspin strokes - compared to other players (for eg Ma Long or Fan Zhendong who have much less sidespin in general), this is a double edge sword because while he gets a lot of lefty angles thanks to the sidespin, only the topspin component is able to pull the ball downwards to the table via the Magnus effect - reduced topspin means reduced reliability and thus he has to be more precise with his angles, which all went out of the window due to his nerves... 

Edited by blahness - 07/24/2022 at 9:35am
-------
Viscaria
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 9:47am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Stop exaggerating. I watched the whole match  and I only counted 3 missed forehand loops in a row in the first set. The forehand was fine by malong's standard in set 2 to 5. 

Ok maybe not in a row but it was still a shit ton of FHs missed - Ma Long does not miss many FHs at all usually - it is his speciality after all!
-------
Viscaria
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 10:00am

Harimoto didn't solve that problem. He still missed a lot of shots to his elbow on either FH and BH. Instead, he tried to get around it on his serves, by pivoting to use his FH much more since G4. That kept him in the game until LGY's meltdown. In retrospect, you could say Harimoto rode out the storm and endured LGY's frenzy until it passed.

Edited by zeio - 07/24/2022 at 10:06am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
apacible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apacible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

FFTT comes to the rescue.

WTT Star Contender ESS 2022
Haven't located it yet.

WTT Champions ESS 2022
https://www.fftt.com/site/medias/shares_files/wtt-champions-european-summer-series-2022-3994.pdf

Just to add to what zeio has shared, aside from finding the prospectus on the documentations section of the FFTT website (Federation Francaise de Tennis de Table), the HTTF (Hellenic Table Tennis Federation or Greece Table Tennis) also makes the prospectus available on its website under the announcements page: http://www.httf.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=2&Itemid=8&limitstart=0

The prospectus for some of the upcoming WTT Feeder tournaments have already been posted:
Prospectus WTT Feeder Olomouc 2022 (Czech Republic) here. Entry deadline 7/26/2022 for singles and 8/2/2022 for Doubles. Event Proper: August 23-28, 2022

Prospectus WTT Feeder Panagyurishte 2022 (Bulgaria) here. Entry deadline 8/2/2022 for singles and 8/9/2022 for doubles. Event Proper: August 30-Sept. 4, 2022.

Anyone is free to repost the links above when the thread of the WTT Feeder Olomouc and WTT Feeder Panagyurishte is created.

There's also a very early draft calendar for planned 2023 events on the website. (I wouldn't look too much into it since the calendar of events has been very unpredictable and constantly changing as of late.) For example, the China Smash scheduled from September 25-October 8, 2023 will have to be moved since conflicts with the new date of the Asian Games which is Sept 23-Oct 8, 2023.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 12:27pm
Thanks zeio and apacible.  Looks like the WTT has gotten rid of WTT Feeder for 2023 and there are a lot more higher level tournaments.  If that holds true, that will be a relief as this year's calendar is very weak for high level tournaments.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 12:37pm

Thanks zeio and apacible.  Looks like the WTT has gotten rid of WTT Feeder for 2023 and there are a lot more higher level tournaments.  If that holds true, that will be a relief as this year's calendar is very weak for high level tournaments.

All depends of 1 thing: will the Covid make another comeback or not ? I think he will when I take a look at the numbers and the autumn which is coming..and when China keeps with its 0 case policy "otherwise I block everything"...2023 will probably be a very difficult year for WTT....

Edited by kakapo - 07/24/2022 at 12:38pm
Nittaku Goriki 94gr, dignics 09 max, super do knuckle, 1,4mm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 3:04pm
Speaking of mental strength, LYJ and coach Huang Chang-chun actually commented on himself and Harimoto before and during YOG 2018. LYJ touched on mental aspects again after Tokyo 2020.

https://sports.ettoday.net/news/1271674
Quote 不過本次青奧也絕不好過,日本排名第一、世界排名第8的張本智和有參賽,談起這名勁敵,林昀儒說:「如果對決不會有特別期待,先前5、6年前對過一次,當時輸給他。」

LYJ: "I do not have any expectation if I run into him, as I met him once and lost 5 or 6 years ago."

https://news.ebc.net.tw/news/world/133947
Quote 台£桌球新星林昀儒,今天青奧男單以4比1擊敗希臘選手晉級4強,明力拚中華隊此次首面獎牌,強碰日本張本智和;兩人僅國小交過手,「他心理素質和技術都很強」。

LYJ: "Both his mental toughness and skills are very strong."

https://sports.ltn.com.tw/amp/news/breakingnews/2577146
Quote 中華桌球隊教練黃昶鈞表示,張本智和從小打球就是這£的方式,得分大吼的舉動,對手多少會受到影響,張本智和年紀輕輕就打出亮眼成績,「反手兩面很快,心態上也比較大膽」。至於林昀儒,冷靜是他的優點,球的旋轉刁鑽、犀利,場上會冷靜的思考下一步。

黃昶鈞透露昨天確定4強對手後,有做充分的準備,林昀儒的戰術執行也很好,今天雖然沒能拿下比賽勝利,但黃昶鈞給林昀儒表現打90分,「差在關鍵時刻沒有拿下」。

Huang Chang-chun after LYJ 3-4 Harimoto: "Harimoto's BH is very fast both sides, and he is bolder on the mental level... (LYJ) couldn't take the game at the crucial moment."

Quote 林昀儒表示,對手的速度其實不快,但球都有打到位置,比賽中段開始也打得有點急,單打賽事告一段落,沒能為中華£表團添牌,林昀儒表示,「問題在自己身上,心理上面還需要再強化」。

LYJ after 3-4 Jha: "The problem is on me. My mental toughness still needs to be strengthened."

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23698-Tokyo-2020-2020-7-24-8-9&p=353417&viewfull=1#post353417
https://www.gq.com.tw/entertainment/article/%E6%9E%97%E6%98%80%E5%84%92-%E6%A1%8C%E7%90%83
Quote 林昀儒說,「只有三四名£場,可能離獎牌很近了,心態可能沒£麼好。不然除了£一場,自己這次的心理表現都還算不錯。」言語之間,仍能感受到他對於錯過4個賽末點、遭奧恰洛夫(Dimitrij Ovtcharov)逆轉的單打銅牌戰有些自責。

「我們打過很多次,其實我贏的次數也比較多,所以心想好像有機會。但在奧運好像特別不能有這種心態出現吧,想越多,越容易影響到場上表現⋯⋯可能還是太沒經驗了。」憶起£場比賽,林昀儒坦言自己從領先到被對手追上時,心£有點動搖,「£時會想著:打這個落點就好了——但其實自己是有能力去打更好的落點的。」他說,在機會轉瞬即逝的桌球賽場上,高手過招,絕不容許半點遲疑,一旦心頭有雜念,便會影響身體下意識的擊球結果。

Lin Yunru said, "only in that bronze medal match, perhaps it was very close to the medal, my mindset was not that good. Otherwise, except for that one, my psychological performance this time is not bad." Still, reading between the lines, I can feel he blames himself slightly about missing 4 match points against Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

"We have played many times before. In fact, I have won more, so I thought there was a chance. But in the Olympics, it seems that this mindset must not arise. The more you think about it, the more likely the performance gets affected on the court...Perhaps I’m still too inexperienced." Recalling that match, Lin Yun-ru admitted when he went from leading to being overtaken, he felt a little shaken, thinking "if only I aimed for that spot--when actually he has the ability to aim for a better spot." He said that in table tennis where opportunities are fleeting, when masters cross swords, there is no room for hesitation. Once there are distracting thoughts in the mind, the shot gets affected at the subconscious level.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

All depends of 1 thing: will the Covid make another comeback or not ? I think he will when I take a look at the numbers and the autumn which is coming..and when China keeps with its 0 case policy "otherwise I block everything"...2023 will probably be a very difficult year for WTT....
I'm curious as to what happens if, for example, during the Asian Games, 1 or more cases of Covid are found.  Do they lockdown the entire area, including all of those foreign athletes, and are given what looks like a handful of vegetables each day.  Lockdowns in China, from what I've seen reported, include fencing in homes and entire neighborhoods.  Sounds pretty scary if I were a pro athlete attending a tournament.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2022 at 5:39pm
the final between hari and lgy was intense, it's too bad i couldn't watch it live.

wyd v wmy was good too. wyd used some really nice change of service to avoid wmy's deadly bh it seemed like but in that sixth set the momentum really changed from that edge ball late in the set and wmy was able to close it.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2022 at 4:33am

I'm curious as to what happens if, for example, during the Asian Games, 1 or more cases of Covid are found.  Do they lockdown the entire area, including all of those foreign athletes, and are given what looks like a handful of vegetables each day.  Lockdowns in China, from what I've seen reported, include fencing in homes and entire neighborhoods.  Sounds pretty scary if I were a pro athlete attending a tournament.

Things will likely be handled the way it was with Beijing 2022. The athletes and staff will stay in the bio-secure bubble/closed-loop management system. They will effectively be cut off from the outside world.

Back at Beijing 2022, there were 437 confirmed cases, 266 of which were upon arrival at the airport, the other 171, including 68 athletes and team officials, were bubble residents, many of those players were quarantined and were ultimately allowed to compete once they tested negative twice within 24 hours.

Food inside the Athletes' village of Beijing 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lebOHcAW4

Edited by zeio - 07/25/2022 at 4:36am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2022 at 11:29am
I want to ask JW this question before this thread goes into oblivion:  I know who AMBERHEARD is but what is the significance of JACKWONG - was this another famous person?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I want to ask JW this question before this thread goes into oblivion:  I know who AMBERHEARD is but what is the significance of JACKWONG - was this another famous person?

elonmusk23, dualipa23, shakira23..he needs more fake accounts to fight his lonely crusade agains wct and every 2 years when harimoto finds a weak opponent to win  a protour
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2022 at 1:48pm

Things will likely be handled the way it was with Beijing 2022. The athletes and staff will stay in the bio-secure bubble/closed-loop management system. They will effectively be cut off from the outside world.

Back at Beijing 2022, there were 437 confirmed cases, 266 of which were upon arrival at the airport, the other 171, including 68 athletes and team officials, were bubble residents, many of those players were quarantined and were ultimately allowed to compete once they tested negative twice within 24 hours.

Food inside the Athletes' village of Beijing 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lebOHcAW4

New infections are far from being severe unlike 2020.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2022 at 3:50am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2022 at 5:45am
FTW tested positive.
https://www.douban.com/group/topic/271617130/?start=100&_i=88487579hNsizJ,89150059hNsizJ

Still no WTT Nominations past the deadline. By the rules, JWJ and Ni Xia Lian would be the next eligible players to fill the last spots. FTW pulled her entry and so Zhang An made the draw.

FTW injured?

Could be. Or COVID-19 related?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
  Share Topic