Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slightly damaged blades from Dandoy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Slightly damaged blades from Dandoy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slightly damaged blades from Dandoy
    Posted: 06/03/2022 at 11:27pm
Hi everyone,  

I am wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience ordering from Dandoy Sports?  I made an order a while ago and received a Carbonado 45 with slight damage on the edge.  I had asked to have two rubbers glued on.  When I emailed Dandoy about it, they said "A cutting problem happened I think, yes."  Also, the blade was not lacquered as requested, and we all know how fragile those Carbonados are (they play awesome, though).  They were nice enough to offer a free gift (a shirt) with my next order, which I accepted.  I still would have preferred to have had my blade in perfect condition.  

I got my second order today.  Imagine my surprise when I saw how poorly the blades I ordered were packaged.  They were just put in plastic bags and free to move around in the box.  Of the 6 Tibhar Champ blades I ordered, 4 had nicks/scratches and one had a sizable chunk taken out of the edge.  I know they're just cheap blades, but when you buy something new you expect it in new condition.  

I've ordered from Dandoy in the past and it's been nothing but good, but I'm disappointed in my last two orders.  Is this just a strange occurrence, or have others experienced anything similar?

Pics of blades:

Edited by MCollins - 06/03/2022 at 11:35pm
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2022 at 11:57pm
I am sorry about your experience, they go up and down in reviews and people keep giving them second and third chances because they price intelligently but that's it and it is not enough, many stopped a while ago for that shortcoming in terms of care for the buyer. 
It seems the spirit of that store comes from a player who did not make it, holds a grudge against life in general but does not know anything to do but table tennis related, like a failed Chinese provincial player who wanders around the world coaching with no passion because they do not know what else to do.
I know a store with the same kind of spirit but they go the other way around dealing with their dreams not happening: "I did not make it but I will die helping other people in their attempt." TTen+1! is a good password to login there.
How much in $ was the difference between dandoy and tt11 in your purchase? what did you save going with dandoy?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2022 at 6:16am
Shipping cost from Dandoy twice cheaper then from TT11. I mean if you don't have enough to get free shipping
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2022 at 7:42am
"[W]hat did you save going with dandoy?"

For the Carbonado, I bought from Dandoy because it was on sale for 40 Eur less.  For the Tibhar blades, I couldn't find them on TT11.  For the record, I also ordered some stuff from TT11 the same day hahaha.  Those guys are fan-freakin'-tastic!  What's this Tten+1 thing about?
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by MCollins MCollins wrote:

"[W]hat did you save going with dandoy?"

For the Carbonado, I bought from Dandoy because it was on sale for 40 Eur less.  For the Tibhar blades, I couldn't find them on TT11.  For the record, I also ordered some stuff from TT11 the same day hahaha.  Those guys are fan-freakin'-tastic!  What's this Tten+1 thing about?
an allusion to the store I mentioned the line after, silly me...
(btw yesterday I lost my phone and got a newer today, will do pics before the end of the we)
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2022 at 7:40pm
You know what's funny?  I actually thought that's what you were doing first, but then I read the next line and it had me all confused.  And I'll admit, I'm a tad disappointed it's not some kind of secret discount code haha.  
My Feedback
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2022 at 4:49pm
I did. Do not buy from them. 
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2022 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

I did. Do not buy from them. 

How did your experience go?
My Feedback
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2022 at 7:42pm
Update - I sent them an email over the weekend with pictures of the damage on the 4 Tibhar blades (and more details of the damage on the Carbonado).  No reply Ouch

Edited by MCollins - 06/07/2022 at 7:43pm
My Feedback
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2022 at 8:07pm

How did your experience go?

They sent me a cheaper item instead of the item I ordered (Dandoy glue instead of Nittaku or Donic, do not remember).
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2022 at 8:22pm
Did they do anything for you after the mistake to make it right?
My Feedback
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2022 at 10:26am
I could say "wronging a TT player is like wronging a woman (relationship wise)" but I won't
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2022 at 7:43pm
This is how the Champ blades were sent... in little plastic bags with a bit of brown paper separating each blade.  First time I've ever bought a new blade shipped like this.  Is this normal for cheaper blades?

My Feedback
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2022 at 8:19pm

This is how the Champ blades were sent... in little plastic bags with a bit of brown paper separating each blade.  First time I've ever bought a new blade shipped like this.  Is this normal for cheaper blades?

Just a guess...the blades already had damage and that's why they were on sale to begin with.
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2022 at 8:26pm
You know, for the Carbonado that's quite possible as it was on for a good sale.  I paid full price for the Tibhar blades.  
My Feedback
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2022 at 9:21pm

You know, for the Carbonado that's quite possible as it was on for a good sale.  I paid full price for the Tibhar blades.  

Then it's possible since you were buying 4 that they figured you were giving them to kids or something and "took out the trash" on you. Better 1 mad customer than 4

I think it's unlikely they were damaged in shipping 

Edited by cole_ely - 06/14/2022 at 9:22pm
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2022 at 10:18pm
That's something else I never thought of.  Makes sense, too.
My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic