Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question re when a let should be called
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question re when a let should be called

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question re when a let should be called
    Posted: 06/13/2022 at 3:30pm
(Was remined of this by Cole's side-barrier topic)

Question: In a normal amateur tournament setting courts are close together. Now, most players have the mentality to fight for the point no matter what and if your opponent manages to smash your lob into the next court, that is very much a challenge most players will take and if they have to smash down barriers or jump into the next court to get there, so be it. Play on! 

However, on the court that is being barged into, a let will be called because something just happened that interfered with play. Now, here is my question: If your actions (such as jumping into a court to get to return a ball) cause a let to be called in a different match, should you be allowed to play on? Or perhaps that let should apply to both courts? Or, should the player that had to leave his court to get to a ball lose the point even? 

The current way that I have experienced where the players engaged in the rally that spills over play on whilst the players who had their territory invaded have to stop their point and wait seems intrinsically wrong to me. 

Opinions?
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 10:32pm
what do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino? 
Elifino

But I do get your question.  If it's a let one way why not both?
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic