Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Djokovic to play the U.S. Open?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Djokovic to play the U.S. Open?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Djokovic to play the U.S. Open?
    Posted: 08/19/2022 at 9:52am
Hi,

BREAKING NEWS!

New CDC Guidelines, including:

Unvaccinated people now have the same guidance as vaccinated people

I believe it is the case that Djokovic is eligible to play the U.S. Open if he were in the U.S.  He is not eligible to enter the U.S. via immigration if he is not vaccinated.

This is an opening.  Will they take it?

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

BREAKING NEWS!

New CDC Guidelines, including:

Unvaccinated people now have the same guidance as vaccinated people

I believe it is the case that Djokovic is eligible to play the U.S. Open if he were in the U.S.  He is not eligible to enter the U.S. via immigration if he is not vaccinated.

This is an opening.  Will they take it?

Thanks.

The immigration policy is still the hurdle.  At my job, no one has revised the policy despite the CDC updates.  And the policies matter more than the CDC updates.  No one is willing to admit they were wrong (I was, I thought the vaccines were more effective than they ended up being and trusted the early studies/results).
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
roloxa View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roloxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2022 at 2:50am
I want to see him with the Carlos Alcaraz. I just loved the Carlos Alcaraz playing style.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 8:10pm
Mazunov
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 8:48pm
Another Kyrie Irving. 😶
Photino /TBS Black Tag: D05 (FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Another Kyrie Irving. 😶
Kyrie Irving doesn't hold a candle in terms of consistency and achievement - he has missed over 20 games in many seasons for most of his career.  Djokovic has been a matches played leader on the ATP tour - please, let's not compare someone who looks for a good excuse not to play to someone who wants to play but is being barred by regulations that even the CDC considered illogical two weeks ago.
Mazunov
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Another Kyrie Irving. 😶
Kyrie Irving doesn't hold a candle in terms of consistency and achievement - he has missed over 20 games in many seasons for most of his career.  Djokovic has been a matches played leader on the ATP tour - please, let's not compare someone who looks for a good excuse not to play to someone who wants to play but is being barred by regulations that even the CDC considered illogical two weeks ago.

+1
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 9:57pm
I was referring to attitude, how do you know how he feels ?
Photino /TBS Black Tag: D05 (FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2022 at 10:43pm
If that is not another sign of the twilight of a civilization morphing into a darker one, I don't know what is. 

What used to be a gentlemen (and ladies) sport has become a sort of gladiators game (and Djoko is not stranger to that happening), the rules and morals gave up to politics, vanity and greed. Tennis has been shot in the back 3 times after the Australian, English and now US opens. 

Let's note that the Australian open and the US open are not responsible of what happened because they were victims of pressure or passivity from their respective governments while Wimbledon leadership showed the worst of the Occidental world not even trying to resist the infamous ban pushed down by a royalty that has lost all its legitimacy for a long time.

I am glad only the French showed some decency in Roland Garros, we saved the face of the sport this year LOL. Macron is still the puppet of the financial markets though!

Even though I am not a fan, I wish a prompt healing to Zverev the ultimate Olympian and hope for a strong Djokovic in Australia next January. A grand slam without the former loses some excitement and a lot of credibility without the latter. It won't be the fiesta I was hoping for and I can only hope Nadal does not win.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2022 at 9:41am

I was referring to attitude, how do you know how he feels ?

LEt's just say that between his wanting to put in things into his contract that enabled him to play less games as well as statements he has made throughout his career and the number of games he has played in his career,  Kyrie has earned my informed skepticism, though I don't doubt his hesitancy might be well motivated.  I just don't want to put him in the same category as Djokovic who has beyond doubt proven that his position is a strongly principled one.
Mazunov
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2022 at 11:11am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

If that is not another sign of the twilight of a civilization morphing into a darker one, I don't know what is. 

What used to be a gentlemen (and ladies) sport has become a sort of gladiators game (and Djoko is not stranger to that happening), the rules and morals gave up to politics, vanity and greed. Tennis has been shot in the back 3 times after the Australian, English and now US opens. 

Let's note that the Australian open and the US open are not responsible of what happened because they were victims of pressure or passivity from their respective governments while Wimbledon leadership showed the worst of the Occidental world not even trying to resist the infamous ban pushed down by a royalty that has lost all its legitimacy for a long time.

I am glad only the French showed some decency in Roland Garros, we saved the face of the sport this year LOL. Macron is still the puppet of the financial markets though!

Even though I am not a fan, I wish a prompt healing to Zverev the ultimate Olympian and hope for a strong Djokovic in Australia next January. A grand slam without the former loses some excitement and a lot of credibility without the latter. It won't be the fiesta I was hoping for and I can only hope Nadal does not win.

Hi,

A thoughtful, information dense, insightful contribution posting.  Thanks.

The world desperately needs the Djokovics and Irvings.  They are a scarce minority functioning on this matter with a courage and strength to be admired.

As for Kyrie: He is in the spirit of Novak on this subject of the vaccine.  He also has comparabilities in sport capabilities.  The likenesses end there.  I wouldn't pay a nickel to have him on my team.

The U.S. Open official statement on the announcement of the Djokovic withdrawal stated that the tournament is looking forward to his participation in the tournament next year.  A bold presumption?

Thanks for all the comments!!

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2022 at 8:37pm
Mismanagement in table tennis coupled with utter idiocy in Tennis announces the triumph of pickleball, it’s amazing how this sport is exponentially growing!!!
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2022 at 7:08am

Mismanagement in table tennis coupled with utter idiocy in Tennis announces the triumph of pickleball, it’s amazing how this sport is exponentially growing!!!

Hi,

Parallel tracks are being observed in pickleball: 1)  The number of participants are rising at an enormous rate and 2) The number of emergency visits to the ER is proportionally rising.

Perhaps more than at any time in history, non-athletes are engaging in a particular competitive sport.  Previously, the non-athlete so in motivation to move would try individual jogging or one or more of the classes at the local gym or yoga.  None of them competitive sports.  This situation is distinctive historically.

The sport of pickleball is perfectly positioned: The sport has a billionaire investing; the sport is easy to play with minimal deception in play dynamics; the athletic requirements are modest; the social dimension of the sport is very robust; and it operationally accommodates the advanced aged of the Baby Boomers.

The following generations will not adopt pickleball for all these younger generations of the present and future require screens to attract and hold their interest.

Thanks.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2022 at 6:05pm
Tiafoe ahead 2 sets to 1 v. Nadal and after breaking him in the 4th set to lead 4-2, he doesn’t drop his serve after a scary return to deuce from 40-0.

On ESPN now, if Tiafoe doesnt lose his serve he wins. He could break again of course.

Edit: he gave himself 3 match points v. Nadal’s serve and wins the 2nd. Totally awesome!!!

Edited by stiltt - 09/05/2022 at 6:10pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2022 at 7:03pm
Am I the only one azed by how Alcaraz waits for the serve, spins up the ball with massive amounts of topspin and has Ruud hitting the ball long or barely catching it repeated in the tiebreak?

I don't remember the spin monsters like Nadal or Thiem ever doing that as a serve return strategy. May need to watch more. 

Edited by NextLevel - 09/11/2022 at 7:03pm
Mazunov
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 8:26am
Rudd had set point in the 3rd and missed. It will haunt him for a while. Same for Sinner with match point. On hard court they are all very close those youngsters.

Rudd just choked in the tiebreak. After the one way final in RG, he looked like a 2nd knife again. Unfair to say, yes, he reached 2 GS finals after all.

I’m curious about how Alcatraz will deal with a healed and hungry Zverev next year. Sinner is my man, his complete game is awesome like Carlito’s.

Edited by stiltt - 09/12/2022 at 9:37am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 10:23am

Rudd had set point in the 3rd and missed. It will haunt him for a while. Same for Sinner with match point. On hard court they are all very close those youngsters.

Rudd just choked in the tiebreak. After the one way final in RG, he looked like a 2nd knife again. Unfair to say, yes, he reached 2 GS finals after all.

I’m curious about how Alcatraz will deal with a healed and hungry Zverev next year. Sinner is my man, his complete game is awesome like Carlito’s.

Choking is part of the game, injury aside, Zverev has been doing it for a pretty long time in best of 5 (he does have an Olympic Gold so it isn't all bad).  But when you miss the same kind of shot against the same quality of ball over again, it might be choking but it was a good strategy from the opponent. 

Of course, Novak is getting older, but how the GS record will be viewed in light of his decisions will be interesting.
Mazunov
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 10:41am
Hey guys, I am in front of a big lawsuit with my colleagues versus the ICSD. We missed the Deaflympics this year because we are unvaccinated. Actually, as these vaccines are experimental substances, we decided DO NOT GET THEM at all. So, it is personal choice. Me and my team mates are not versus the personal choice of other athletes, but up to this moment everything that happened shows it is much more political or economical thing than something risky for the health. I will keep you informed how we will find solution. Being number 11 and 13 in the World ranking, we missed chances for medal from these games and pension for life from our Government. Someone will pay us and it will be soon. Same is situation with Nole and many more athletes.

By the way, for these that already got the jab I can recommend the most fastest increasing group in Facebook - Died Suddenly News. For about 1 month that group gone 250.000 people with hundreds of stories for people dropped suddenly after vaccination. It's time the organisers of all that shit to be punished. And that will be soon.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 11:11am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Hey guys, I am in front of a big lawsuit with my colleagues versus the ICSD. We missed the Deaflympics this year because we are unvaccinated. Actually, as these vaccines are experimental substances, we decided DO NOT GET THEM at all. So, it is personal choice. Me and my team mates are not versus the personal choice of other athletes, but up to this moment everything that happened shows it is much more political or economical thing than something risky for the health. I will keep you informed how we will find solution. Being number 11 and 13 in the World ranking, we missed chances for medal from these games and pension for life from our Government. Someone will pay us and it will be soon. Same is situation with Nole and many more athletes.

By the way, for these that already got the jab I can recommend the most fastest increasing group in Facebook - Died Suddenly News. For about 1 month that group gone 250.000 people with hundreds of stories for people dropped suddenly after vaccination. It's time the organisers of all that shit to be punished. And that will be soon.

It is okay to advocate your position on this issue.  It is not okay to make or reference unsubstantiated claims about the safety or lack thereof of the vaccines, please take this as your final warning.  Thank you.
Mazunov
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 11:41am

Thank you for endangering the lives of so many people 🙏🙏🙏
Victas Koki Niwa Wood
Victas V > 15 Extra
Victas Curl P1V
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 2:12pm
In France, an aboninable populist politician before and during the presidential election was talking about "the great replacement" of the original French by the Muslims. Here we're talking about the great replacement by nobody, it's even worst! Big smile

1st thing 1st, how many of those who died suddenly would have died anyway unvaccinated? 

I respect those who do not want the jab but I understand those who want to avoid being a vector and participate in a common effort trusting science. Let's remember the world hospital infrastructure would have been totally overloaded and that could not happen, something had to be done. It is easy to judge imperfections of what was realized through the world mass vaccination program and forget its successes.

Let's not forget all the people who did not die and would have without the jab. World herd immunity could have been reached but at what -unacceptable- human cost?

It's such a complicated issue!

Edited by stiltt - 09/12/2022 at 4:06pm
Catenaccio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 8:32pm

Am I the only one azed by how Alcaraz waits for the serve, spins up the ball with massive amounts of topspin and has Ruud hitting the ball long or barely catching it repeated in the tiebreak?

I don't remember the spin monsters like Nadal or Thiem ever doing that as a serve return strategy. May need to watch more. 

I didn't watch the final, so I am not sure what Alcaraz did in the tiebreak on those returns. With that caveat in mind, I think that Nadal used this tactic (play a high ball with massive amounts of topspin) often when facing 2nd serves when he was younger. It was his way to get into the rally and he didn't mind having to run around a lot in those days. E.g. 

When he got tight (or "didn't play with enough calm") these returns sometimes landed short and they were in invitation to pound the ball. That said, opponents also made mistakes trying to hit these returns for winners.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Catenaccio Catenaccio wrote:

I didn't watch the final, so I am not sure what Alcaraz did in the tiebreak on those returns. With that caveat in mind, I think that Nadal used this tactic (play a high ball with massive amounts of topspin) often when facing 2nd serves when he was younger. It was his way to get into the rally and he didn't mind having to run around a lot in those days. E.g. 

When he got tight (or "didn't play with enough calm") these returns sometimes landed short and they were in invitation to pound the ball. That said, opponents also made mistakes trying to hit these returns for winners.

For some reason, I can't find the first one since most highlights skip the earlier points.  But some people consider this a basic miss from Ruud.  Maybe they are right, but my TT experience (completely useless in tennis, I know) tells me otherwise:

https://youtu.be/kOZmvyGM5JI?t=1622
Mazunov
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 12:23am

It is okay to advocate your position on this issue.  It is not okay to make or reference unsubstantiated claims about the safety or lack thereof of the vaccines, please take this as your final warning.  Thank you.

After reports from several organizations with all the necessary documents, the Prosecutor from the Plovdiv Prosecutor's Office ruled that there was a violation of many points of the Constitution and the laws of the country, and legal prosecution is pending against the organizers of the pandemic in Bulgaria. The truth comes out sooner or later. I do not intend to argue on this topic (vaccinated and unvaccinated), so I consider the matter closed, but if there is new information and someone is willing to share it - I will be happy to do so. I always respect people's right to free choice if that choice is well informed. Be healthy!

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 1:10am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Excuse me?! Confused
Catenaccio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 5:46am

For some reason, I can't find the first one since most highlights skip the earlier points.  But some people consider this a basic miss from Ruud.  Maybe they are right, but my TT experience (completely useless in tennis, I know) tells me otherwise:

I agree with you. This was a very effective return by Alcaraz. It was deep to the middle with a lot of spin and probably an awkward bounce. Ruud tried to go for too much with his FH. Imo, borderline between forced and unforced error.

Yeah, Nadal often used this tactic when receiving second serves, especially on clay if I remember correctly.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 12:08pm

Excuse me?! Confused

You are regularly endangering other people's lives. I just want you to remember this.
Victas Koki Niwa Wood
Victas V > 15 Extra
Victas Curl P1V
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 12:50pm

Excuse me?! Confused

You are regularly endangering other people's lives. I just want you to remember this.

Please stop going back and forth over this.  The next post on this subject bickering will result in a ban no matter who makes it.  There are many reasonably differences of opinion over this and no one should be accused of endangering lives because of a personal choice to remain unvaccinated just as no one should be accused of doing something wrong by taking the vaccine. Cheers. 
Mazunov
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic