Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTT Contender Almaty 2022, 9/13-18
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTT Contender Almaty 2022, 9/13-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2022 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Tieba users pondering why LGY and LYJ are treated so differently online despite the same scenario, 3-0 -> 3-4.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8028067055

Interesting how some LGY fans point out LGY's loss was due to mental issue yet LYJ's defeat was due to stamina issue when LYJ himself said otherwise.

Does was my thoughts too
Sponsored Links

bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2022 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by balldance balldance wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Miyazaki and Baba must be keeping tabs here. I wonder how they feel about their selection system after this.

WTTC 2022 - Miwa's brother/Togami/Niwa/Oikawa/Yokotani
Asian Games 2022 - Miwa's brother/M. Yoshimura/Togami/Oikawa/Matsushita

Niwa - losing matches that you expect him to win and vice versa
Oikawa - can't even reach the main draw on a consistent basis
Yokotani - 2 first round exits after WTT FEE Fremont and Westchester
M. Yoshimura - "I'm tired of your tired look taking care of our kids. I want freedom."
Matsushita - hasn't even played internationally since 2015, let alone WTT events

ultimately it's because Japan don't have really standout players. Besides Harimoto, the only real promising players are Uda and Togami. But Uda is still too inconsistent that he couldn't even do well in domestic competitions. There is no double at WTTC (?) so there is no reason to give Uda a wild card. 
Oikawa - everytime I saw him play internationally, he always lost in early rounds, but if other Japanese players like Uda can't outperform him in selection system, it means they are not good enough.

Honestly I think if Mizutani is still playing, he would still be their most reliable player. Now Mizutani has retired, JNT would be very vulnerable to upsets, all of those young guns including Harimoto are not reliable yet.

BTW, I'd want to hear some insights about how Japan couldn't produce more great players even though they have good amount of young kids playing table tennis and Japan seem to invest enough in the sport?

What was Mizutani reliable in that Harimoto is not? And especially now that he is 33 years old with vision problems? The issue you speak of is not really limited to Japan. I think the bar has been set so high as we enter into a new generation after just watching the age of two arguable GOATs in ZJK and ML. 

How do you define great players and how many is considered a good amount? I think Togami, Uda and Shinozuka are great for their age. Will they be the best in the world, probably not, but they are pretty great to me. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2022 at 2:16am
https://www.n-tv.de/sport/der_sport_tag/Der-Sport-Tag-am-Sonntag-den-17-September-2022-article23595854.html
Quote     "Gegen einen solch guten Spieler in einem Finale ein 0:3 wettzumachen, das passiert nicht alle Tage", sagte Filus. "Es ist einfach ein unbeschreibliches Gefühl. Ich bin angereist in dem Glauben, ein oder zwei Spiele zu machen. Dass nun der Finalsieg dabei herauskommt, ist einfach unglaublich."
    Durch diesen Erfolg wird sich der Bundesliga-Profi des TTC RhönSprudel Fulda-Maberzell in der Weltrangliste vom 33. auf den 21. Platz verbessern. Trotzdem gehört Filus nicht zum deutschen Kader für die Team-WM vom 30. September bis 9. Oktober in Chengdu.

"It doesn't happen every day to make up for a 3-0 defeat against such a good player in a final," said Filus. "It's just an indescribable feeling. I came here thinking I'd play a game or two. To win the final is just unbelievable."
    With this success, the Bundesliga professional from the TTC RhönSprudel Fulda-Maberzell will move up from 33rd to 21st place in the world rankings. Nevertheless, Filus is not part of the German squad for the Team World Championship from September 30th to October 9th in Chengdu.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2022 at 6:19am
https://ttbl.de/almaty-sieger-ruwen-filus-letzter-platz-ist-nicht-ttc-rhonsprudel-fulda-maberzell-anspruch-tischtennis-bundesliga-pokal-wtt-contender-almaty-lin-yun-ju-fortuna-passau-wm-chengdu
Quote Sie haben nach der Siegerehrung erklärt, eigentlich nur mit zwei Spielen gerechnet zu haben. War Ihre Form wirklich so sehr von Ihrem Topniveau entfernt?

Ich habe in Almaty meine ersten Spiele bei einem WTT-Turnier in diesem Jahr gewonnen. Wenn man vorher viermal schon in der ersten Runde rausgegangen ist, sind auch die eigenen Erwartungen erst einmal nicht so hoch.

Erwartet hatte der eine oder andere Beobachter auch Ihre Nominierung für die anstehende Mannschafts-WM ab Ende September in Chengdu. Was sind die Gründe dafür, dass Sie nicht zum Aufgebot von Bundestrainer Jörg Roßkopf gehören?

Es ist tatsächlich mit dem Bundestrainer so besprochen gewesen, dass ich nicht mit zur WM reise. Aufgrund meiner bekannten Familiensituation ist für mich sehr wichtig, dass ich auch kurzfristig immer die Möglichkeit zu einer spontanen Rückreise haben möchte und muss. Das war aber in China aufgrund der Corona-Vorschriften im Land nicht möglich, ohne vor einem außerplanmäßigen Rückflug für sieben Tage in Quarantäne zu müssen.

After the award ceremony, you explained that you had actually only expected two games. Was your form really that far from your top level?

I won my first WTT tournament games this year in Almaty. If you've gone out in the first round four times before, your own expectations aren't that high at first.

One or the other observer had also expected your nomination for the upcoming World Team Championships in Chengdu from the end of September. What are the reasons why you are not part of national coach Jörg Roßkopf's squad?

It was actually discussed with the national coach that I would not be traveling to the World Cup. Due to my known family situation, it is very important for me that I always want and need to be able to travel back spontaneously, even at short notice. However, due to the corona regulations in the country, this was not possible in China without having to be in quarantine for seven days before an unscheduled return flight.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic