Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tt GoldĀ“s training and match videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tt GoldĀ“s training and match videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tt GoldĀ“s training and match videos
    Posted: 09/07/2018 at 6:31pm
            Serves Here are some serves I was practicing last Saturday.

Edited by Tt Gold - 02/15/2020 at 9:19am
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2018 at 10:57pm
No fair cutting up the video :)
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 3:10am
Cutting or not these are serves with great potential. Nice
FH: Barracuda
BH: Dignics 005
mickd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 4:14am
I like them. Lots of spin and you have a very clean contact!
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 4:17am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

No fair cutting up the video :)
I could have uploaded the whole 30 mins of me doing these serves. Wouldn't have been interesting though.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 7:58am
nice serves.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 9:17am
I like the one at :54. Some of these look like corkscrew serves, is that right?
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 9:20am
hello you have very good serves, i have problems when i serve high toss serves and semi high toss serves (like ma longs standard service) to get the ball toss right, sometimes it goes to far behind me, i throw the ball not straight up to get more spin and controll i hope you have some tips for me FOR the controll :D
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 12:21pm
One general thing I find effective to get a consistent serve toss is to position myself all the way around the bh corner looking over and down the endline... it subconsciously and visually helps me keep my toss near end line right where I need it.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/08/2018 at 12:21pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 12:43pm
Nice serves.
However, you should also practise a fast recovery from the serve into a ready stance. As it stands, if your opponent fast pushes off the bounce, you could be in trouble.

>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.
Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05 and Darker Imperial with D80/D05.

Delusion is an asset
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 12:52pm
Nice serves.  Work on keeping them lower over the net and you are golden.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 1:25pm
RUSSIAN ultrasonic service.

Some updates of Asuka Sakai's ultrasonic service. RUSSIAN coach Mr.Vladimir Pomytkin is the originator.
    It takes you about a week to obtain full familiarity of this service, and it is worthwhile.

Published by courtesy of (C)Pomitkyn

Edited by igorponger - 09/08/2018 at 1:32pm
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 3:29pm
I've just watched the 1st minute but they all seem too short. The second bounce would be better if it was close to the bottom line Wink

Edited by assam - 09/08/2018 at 3:33pm
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

One general thing I find effective to get a consistent serve toss is to position myself all the way around the bh corner looking over and down the endline... it subconsciously and visually helps me keep my toss near end line right where I need it.

Thank you for the advice, i will try it out :DD
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I like the one at :54. Some of these look like corkscrew serves, is that right?
sorry I'm not familiar with the term corkscrew serve anymore. If I remember correctly corkscrew serves are serves where you only hit the ball at the side. So basically a pendulum but instead of comming from behind you brush the ball exclusively from the side right?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

I've just watched the 1st minute but they all seem too short. The second bounce would be better if it was close to the bottom lineĀ Wink
I tried to put the no spin serves close to the end of the table. But I just started experimenting with no spin serves so it's gonna take a while until I get the perfect length. When I play matches at the end of a session I sometimes hit a perfect half long no spin serve where they try to loop and the second bounce lands perfectly close to the end line. I always find it so funny when that happens. Had a league match today where I got about 15+ direct points from serves. And I mean direct points not even count go in the easy returns I got. Did a lot of heavy backspin no spin and they kept pushing it strait down into the table/ net are over the table on no spin.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2018 at 5:31pm
I would like to know what rubber and blade are you using. Thanks
FH: Barracuda
BH: Dignics 005
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2018 at 6:01pm
Viscaria tenergy 64. Might try rozena or something else in the future though.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 7:42am
Here I'm working on a new backhand technique that i learned recently. https://youtu.be/dDek7GoWWoU https://youtu.be/-X4l0fY6vt4
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Here I'm working on a new backhand technique that i learned recently. https://youtu.be/dDek7GoWWoU https://youtu.be/-X4l0fY6vt4
Fixed Links:
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2018 at 10:10am
Thanks
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 2:12am
TtGold,

Were you opening against underspin on the first ball and then looping topspin on the 2nd ball?

What is different about this technique than your old one?

Mark
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 3:43am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Nice serves.  Work on keeping them lower over the net and you are golden.

ILya

This is excellent advice for this young lady to go from beginner to intermediate level.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

TtGold,

Were you opening against underspin on the first ball and then looping topspin on the 2nd ball?

What is different about this technique than your old one?

Mark
yes I was. I am pretty much self taught and never really got to know the backhand technique. Of course I can see how people play backhand, but the mechanics were never explained to me. A always started by using my wrist and thus creating a bad habit. A Chinese coach told me to use my forearm to create the speed instead of my wrist. I was using so much wrist when initiating the stroke, that my forearm didn't move a lot. Now I have a way bigger range of motion for my forearm. My topspin against backspin has significantly improved, but now as I don't have many opportunities to do multiball it is of course hard to get the topspin against topspin right, as it doesn't always go on the same spot in exercises.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 4:31am
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Nice serves.Ā  Work on keeping them lower over the net and you are golden.

ILya

This is excellent advice for this young lady to go from beginner to intermediate level.
you're funny
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 6:16am

I agree it looks like a lot of wrist, but that may not be such a bad thing as now you have a lot of additional spin and oomph in your shot once you add the forearm action in. I'm betting you probably have a very strong chiquita, looking at your BH shot.... I think, however you should simplify and shorten your stroke somewhat against topspin, right now it seems like a stroke that would get jammed by players who can counter your first opening topspin well.
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 6:34am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I agree it looks like a lot of wrist, but that may not be such a bad thing as now you have a lot of additional spin and oomph in your shot once you add the forearm action in. I'm betting you probably have a very strong chiquita, looking at your BH shot.... I think, however you should simplify and shorten your stroke somewhat against topspin, right now it seems like a stroke that would get jammed by players who can counter your first opening topspin well.
I almost never use the Chiquita actually. Until now I mostly played all forehand, but need to get my backhand up now. Had league matches this weekend and couldn't block a single ball with my backhand. Probably because I'm trying to topspin close to the table and thus putting the focus on different things. I think I still have to think about how I wanna play backhand. When I'm a little further away from the table I should definitely loop with the backhand, which I'm doing more now, but maybe I should start punching more again close to the table. It's just easier and less risky, especially in a match where you tend to tension up a little, to open up and punch the next ball with placement. I'm playing in a higher league now and already realized a lot of things. One could think you're right, that my opening loop would get jammed by players. But a match is of course completely different. A slow spinny backhand loop almost always results in a direct point or a huge advantage. Even if I play a fast one, if I just stay close to the table and get ready to punch I'll be in a good position. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. I guess I have to find a middle way between wrist and forearm. I used too much wrist and now I should focus on using my forearm. Once I established awareness for my forearm I have to combine the two.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I almost never use the Chiquita actually. Until now I mostly played all forehand, but need to get my backhand up now. Had league matches this weekend and couldn't block a single ball with my backhand. Probably because I'm trying to topspin close to the table and thus putting the focus on different things. I think I still have to think about how I wanna play backhand. When I'm a little further away from the table I should definitely loop with the backhand, which I'm doing more now, but maybe I should start punching more again close to the table. It's just easier and less risky, especially in a match where you tend to tension up a little, to open up and punch the next ball with placement. I'm playing in a higher league now and already realized a lot of things. One could think you're right, that my opening loop would get jammed by players. But a match is of course completely different. A slow spinny backhand loop almost always results in a direct point or a huge advantage. Even if I play a fast one, if I just stay close to the table and get ready to punch I'll be in a good position. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. I guess I have to find a middle way between wrist and forearm. I used too much wrist and now I should focus on using my forearm. Once I established awareness for my forearm I have to combine the two.

I think you should definitely learn the chiquita, with your powerful wrist action you can place your opponent under huge pressure from the service return. Imo it wins the highest % of points out of all types of serve receive...

I agree that a high quality BH opener is not easily dealt with at any level, but there are definitely players who can counter them very well, and in other cases where your opponent gains initiative, in those situations it always helps to have a quality short stroke compact BH topspin which is a more natural extension of your existing stroke than a punch which can actually be more inconsistent due to lack of spin. You can watch some Zhang Jike, Ovtcharov, and even Harimoto on the stroke mechanics. It's a more direct, linear stroke which you need to borrow the power from your opponent. I believe you wouldn't have much trouble learning it tbh.
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
BH: Dignics 09c
bepolite View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bepolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 8:00am
To choose a decent tennis gear, you have to evaluate tons of information and different brands to find a decent one. So, while you are at work, you can do some research with wilson tennis rackets reviews

Edited by bepolite - 09/11/2018 at 8:00am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2018 at 8:11am

I think you should definitely learn the chiquita, with your powerful wrist action you can place your opponent under huge pressure from the service return. Imo it wins the highest % of points out of all types of serve receive...

I agree that a high quality BH opener is not easily dealt with at any level, but there are definitely players who can counter them very well, and in other cases where your opponent gains initiative, in those situations it always helps to have a quality short stroke compact BH topspin which is a more natural extension of your existing stroke than a punch which can actually be more inconsistent due to lack of spin. You can watch some Zhang Jike, Ovtcharov, and even Harimoto on the stroke mechanics. It's a more direct, linear stroke which you need to borrow the power from your opponent. I believe you wouldn't have much trouble learning it tbh.[/QUOTE] I used it a few years ago, but I played better when I stopped using it. Reason for that is because I'm a forehand oriented player. I was in a better position when doing more controlled short receives. Just two days ago in my second match my teammate told me to keep it simple. I always have a lot of different receive options in my head and that messes me up. When he gave me the tip I just had two things in my head. Attack the serve if it's long or do something when it is short. So I was way more calm when the serve actually came short and I just pushed it back short. Yes it would be a good shot to be able to do, but what a lot of people don't realize is that the game is completely different on our levels than at the pro level. I'm now playing in the highest team of my club and got caught of guard a lot in doubles as I backed of the table expecting a hard loop. But they only played a spinny loop and I was too far off the table. My doubles partner( really good player) told me that I should just stay at the table. They are not going to play a super fast ball he said. In general you can actually get to a very high level if you have a few good serves a good open up loop and a follow up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic