FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USATT Happenings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

It's like hitler complaining about starlin. (And yes, he is the Hilter in this metaphor, the worst of the two)

To give you a few highlights:

- forbids his players to play in almost all the tournaments in the bay area. 
- notoriously difficult to work with if you want to host a tournament at his place. 
- A complete ass hat. 
- brain wash kids by bad mouthing other clubs 

^ Those are are quote on quote from players from his own club with good relationship with him; it's considered sugarcoated.

As forum moderator, I want to remind you that these are clear (and repeated) personal attacks, which is against the forum rules. You're free to discuss the ideas in this thread, but not attack the person.

Edited by haggisv - 09/05/2019 at 12:07am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2019 at 2:48am

Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

Lots of people were complaining about the HPD for a whole variety of reasons. 

Yea but this is America. Where hypocrisy is not tolerated. The OP has done worst with his limit amount of politcal power in the bay and there he is complaining. It's like hitler complaining about starlin. (And yes, he is the Hilter in this metaphor, the worst of the two)

- notoriously difficult to work with if you want to host a tournament at his place. 
- A complete ass hat. 

^ Those are are quote on quote from players from his own club with good relationship with him; it's considered sugarcoated. 

I have never had a problem with him or any member of his club.  His students are always very courteous and a pleasure to play.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 3:33pm
I frequently see Alameda juniors in the tourneys I go to in the California area, so I don't get it about the club banning their kids from competing at other clubs' sanctioned tourneys.

I get it that in general, the pro-style kids training clubs like to keep their kids together competing against each other up to a certain level and point in development... nearly every training club seems to operate like that... not just Alameda.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Yea but this is America. Where hypocrisy is not tolerated. The OP has done worst with his limit amount of politcal power in the bay and there he is complaining. It's like hitler complaining about starlin. (And yes, he is the Hilter in this metaphor, the worst of the two)

- A complete ass hat. 

I have never had a problem with him or any member of his club.  His students are always very courteous and a pleasure to play.

I visited the club on two occasions and found the members, coaches and Dave to be professional and courteous. He even went out of his way to help me find a spot on one of their teams in a team event.
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

USATT rating: 2k+
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 7:48am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

- A complete ass hat. 

I visited the club on two occasions and found the members, coaches and Dave to be professional and courteous. He even went out of his way to help me find a spot on one of their teams in a team event.

Due to my peripatetic ways over the last 30 years, I have coached at a considerable number of clubs around the USA and several major centers in South America and Europe.  One of those clubs in this long list is the Alameda Table Tennis Club, a club that sits near a delightful town center with all the coziness of a small community. 

I have always considered it a privilege and point of pride to have had the opportunity to coach there, as all the primary qualities of the club, the qualities of most importance, such as the attitude of the staff, the receptivity of the members, the playing conditions, the adaptability of club operations to accommodate varying circumstances, and the overall culture have aggregated to compose an experience resulting in only the finest of memories.  Among the results of this confluence of factors is the fostered prospects for player improvement, applicable through the spectrum from the beginner to the advanced player, a rare club capability attribute that makes this center one of the outstanding facilities this country has available to its table tennis community.

Thanks,

Donn

"You must be brave." Guo Yuehua
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 10:22pm
Mike, Patrick, Donn, thanks for your kind words.

Regarding paripatetic ways, I have always preferred that to peripathetic ways, as the latter can be quite dangerous: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-periscopes-himself-horrific-moment-9134089

NaanAvana View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaanAvana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 12:47am

Yea but this is America. Where hypocrisy is not tolerated.  

Seriously ? 
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 2:23am
Originally posted by NaanAvana NaanAvana wrote:

Yea but this is America. Where hypocrisy is not tolerated.  

Seriously ? 

I didn't make that statement.  I can't even spell it.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 11:19pm
There are going to have people that speak for Jorge too. Attc is one of the most prestigious club in USA. One of the few that could train a kid from 0 rating to solidly over 2300+. On top of that their price is unbeatable; making parents that normally couldn't afford to throw half a mil to train their kids to become national team member possible. Attc also help players secure sponsors r, that could furthur help out parents financial burden. Look, I'm not ignorant of the good Dave have done. 

I do admit the few low blows I fired in this thread, thoroughly enjoyed it I have to say. But it is against my interest if attc close down. That is because attc is the club closest to me who is pumping out quality players for me to play with. Without attc I will have to travel down south. 

This thread to you forums members is him pointing out jorge's problems. But to me it's a cry for help because attc is facing financial trouble, he hinted it several times. 

Among my insults I also hinted there are solutions to that. There are people like me out there despite disliking some aspect of attc, understands attc existence do way more good than bad. 

Dave, I'll say this once. Stop being so difficult to work with, we can easily help. 

Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

It's like hitler complaining about starlin. (And yes, he is the Hilter in this metaphor, the worst of the two)

- A complete ass hat. 

As forum moderator, I want to remind you that these are clear (and repeated) personal attacks, which is against the forum rules. You're free to discuss the ideas in this thread, but not attack the person.

If personal attacks aren't allowed, why can't moderators remove them? Is that a limitation of the system? There are forums where moderators remove stuff like that. It works quite well.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 4:17am
Hunkeelin now has 30 days to reflect.  After that future bad behaviorvwill lead to a permanent ban.  

Edited by Baal - 09/14/2019 at 4:21am
Basquests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Hunkeelin now has 30 days to reflect.  After that future bad behaviorvwill lead to a permanent ban.  

His ego makes a tt forum ban the least of his problems but i doubt he will use this low cost opportunity to reflect and improve 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic