Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - USATT Introduces New Rating Access Subscription
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

USATT Introduces New Rating Access Subscription

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Yeah, I'm aware of that issue, and I can't blame the smaller clubs.  I wasn't going to bring that up, since it further divides our membership.  I don't see any solution for that for the USATT, they are under the USOPC's thumb.

Another reason for two national organizations.

Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I might be able to suggest a short term alternative for us as players.

That would be to begin a Club Database by doing a survey of clubs in the USA.  It would include the number of  players, names (Optional at this point), contact info for the clubs (not players), but USATT affiliation would be included as part of the DB, but not necessary for inclusion in the DB.  This could be something the USATT could access or not.  It would give us an idea of just how large the TT population really is in the USA.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is still 1 club in our state still affiliated, may be more, I'm not sure.

I like the idea.  Maybe expand it a bit to being a "Places to play" database that would include churches, community centers, etc.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
Sponsored Links

wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 6:57pm
Two possible database platforms - low to no cost.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 7:07pm
Does anyone know if the new, ill-conceived rating subscription is being re-evaluated by USATT?   
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

Youtube channel: youtube.com/c/PatricksPingPongPassion

USATT rating: 2k+
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2020 at 2:22am
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

Two possible database platforms - low to no cost.

this is great, can we run scripts, design queries and reports on their servers?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 12:22am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Does anyone know if the new, ill-conceived rating subscription is being re-evaluated by USATT?   
======================
+100
Lots of TT players would like to know also.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 9:52am
I think USATT has already implemented it.
May be it is a lost cause for TT players.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

You could email [email protected] and see if he would give a actual number of people who have signed up.

Edited by Vince64 - 02/19/2020 at 12:07pm
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 4:25pm
The Hope program is not popular this year. New kids are not joining this sport. It says clear that road to 2028 LA. But with current talent, I don't see there are road.

MiWA won world junior champion with 11 year old. I hope 2028 not Lily again. That will be sad results for USATT. (nothing against Lily, she is already 3 time olympians)
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

The Hope program is not popular this year. New kids are not joining this sport. It says clear that road to 2028 LA. But with current talent, I don't see there are road.

MiWA won world junior champion with 11 year old. I hope 2028 not Lily again. That will be sad results for USATT. (nothing against Lily, she is already 3 time olympians)
 How is this post even relevant to the actual OP started thread? 
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 10:37pm
We never know the real stats for new rating subscription. But based on my limited survey for last two months, USATT is losing members especially kids. The worst hope team in years may also approve that. 
New members not joining. Old member stop renewing. It is not a problem for rating fees. The current TT sports didn't give kids motivation to improve. So you will see almost same person again and again every year.  Did I answer your questions?
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by mentortt mentortt wrote:

We never know the real stats for new rating subscription. But based on my limited survey for last two months, USATT is losing members especially kids. The worst hope team in years may also approve that. 
New members not joining. Old member stop renewing. It is not a problem for rating fees. The current TT sports didn't give kids motivation to improve. So you will see almost same person again and again every year.  Did I answer your questions?

lol. The rating subscription fee has no bearing on the number of kids entering/not entering the Hopes events. So no you didn’t explain why you posted a topic about the Hopes events in the this thread especially considering there is a thread about the hopes on mytt also.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 1:19pm

The rating subscription fee has no bearing on the number of kids entering/not entering the Hopes events. So no you didn’t explain why you posted a topic about the Hopes events in the this thread especially considering there is a thread about the hopes on mytt also.

Maybe there are a bunch of very mature 10/11 year olds that are so opposed to this silly rating access subscription that they organized a boycott of the Hopes events.
TT idiom - Don't count your rating before the match.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

The rating subscription fee has no bearing on the number of kids entering/not entering the Hopes events. So no you didn’t explain why you posted a topic about the Hopes events in the this thread especially considering there is a thread about the hopes on mytt also.

Maybe there are a bunch of very mature 10/11 year olds that are so opposed to this silly rating access subscription that they organized a boycott of the Hopes events.
===============

Looks like this silly rating access subscription not only can not increase the USATT members, it actually aggravates the existing USATT members.

In the long run, this will do real damage.
banJunkRubbers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banJunkRubbers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 9:51pm
I will go ahead and share an email response sent from Ethan to a friend who sent them a pretty critical email about these changes (with permission to paste it here). Maybe this sheds some light on their awesome thinking process.  

"As I stated in our back and forth emails throughout last week the new change does not effect current members from seeing their ratings. I understand your point about not being able to go back and look at peoples ratings from 5+ years ago. But if you think about it from a competitive perspective these people who haven’t played since 2015 are not really in the sport anymore as evidence by their lack of competitive interest. Also its safe to assume these people from 5 years ago already know their ratings because it is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago. I also think it is unfair to say the true rating of someone is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago even though they have not competed. For example, if I was a 2000 5 years ago and didn’t play a single tournament and sat on my couch  for 1,825 days, that I would pop up and be playing at a 2000 level again. If you would like to see these members ratings my suggestion would be to log into Simply Compete and send them a direct message about re-joining our community. I see below that you are calling this a “money grab”. I don’t think that could be farther from the truth. USATT is not going to make any money from this new program. This program is focused on cleaning up our website and database while getting people who have been sitting dormant for 5 years back into clubs and re joining our community. I understand the inconvenience and frustration about not being able to browse tournament ratings from thousands of days ago, but we are redirecting our focus towards are current and active members." 

patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 11:55pm
I can no longer get access to the league that I have been managing for over three years, not even to view active members. Crying out loud, this is stupid. It seems like, it's time for Rating Central.  
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

Youtube channel: youtube.com/c/PatricksPingPongPassion

USATT rating: 2k+
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2020 at 3:39am
I suspect  the USOPC places little value on the ratings of a bunch of low level amateur players, which makes up most of the USATT  membership. After all,  how do you  and I help them produce metals?  We need to be realistic about where we stand since the USOPC take over of the USATT.   It's obvious we no longer have much say in the running of the USATT.   The current system is not useful to either the members and former members of the USATT nor the goals of the USOPC.   Guess who is running the show?  It's not us.  Times have changed,  there are more places to play,  but fewer USATT affiliated clubs in my state than I can ever remember.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Victas V>15 Stiff (Black) Max, Dr Neubauer Killer Pro Evo (Red) 1.8 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2020 at 11:42pm
I recall that the previous USATT CEO, Gordy, was with this forum.  The current CEO may be too busy, but if she can assign a staff to be with this forum, and serves as a go-between of: USATT and players - that will be great.

Currently there is no communication between USATT and the table tennis community (players.)

Edited by skip3119 - 02/21/2020 at 11:47pm
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 12:47am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

I recall that the previous USATT CEO, Gordy, was with this forum.  The current CEO may be too busy, but if she can assign a staff to be with this forum, and serves as a go-between of: USATT and players - that will be great.

Currently there is no communication between USATT and the table tennis community (players.)
 I've sent current CEO a couple (2-3) of emails and haven't received a reply back on any of them. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 10:09am

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

I've sent current CEO a couple (2-3) of emails and haven't received a reply back on any of them. 
==========================
Here are some USATT staffs, if you want to be heard feel free to contact any one of them.
And, let us know whatever you heard it back, or you heard nothing back at all.

Edited by skip3119 - 02/22/2020 at 10:43am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 11:04am
Somewhere out there, Ed Hogshead is saying I knew this would happen!
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 11:27am
I have also sent several emails  and no reply.
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 11:35am
Netflix wanted to do a documentary on my quest to make the Olympic team. The USOC shut it down. I asked for help from USATT. No response. They just wanted to film a couple of points of my play or use the live feed. When one need s support there wasn't any.
pongjess View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 12:11pm
USATT has become the most corrupt organization. The current merecenary CEO aided and abetted by her hand picked stooges who jump to attention at her every command is overseeing the biggest destruction of athletes, members, institution of sports. If good caring people remain silent this institutional corruption will not end. There is no support for athletes or members only lies and social media disinformation- shame on all who support these puppets and the puppet master. 

They collect fat paychecks for doing nothing - must be nice to make easy money while destroying athletes programs, support and the sport. They should publish how much money does the CEO and her stooges make. Then the members will know what leeches these executives are to this organization. 

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by pongjess pongjess wrote:

USATT has become the most corrupt organization. The current merecenary CEO aided and abetted by her hand picked stooges who jump to attention at her every command is overseeing the biggest destruction of athletes, members, institution of sports. If good caring people remain silent this institutional corruption will not end. There is no support for athletes or members only lies and social media disinformation- shame on all who support these puppets and the puppet master. 

They collect fat paychecks for doing nothing - must be nice to make easy money while destroying athletes programs, support and the sport. They should publish how much money does the CEO and her stooges make. Then the members will know what leeches these executives are to this organization. 

I don't think the USATT is corrupt at all.  I just think they are not capable of doing their job.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 1:04pm
CEO gets in the neighborhood of $200,000 USD including the benefits, so take home pay would be considerably less after deductions.

HPD interm director get $100,000 annual pay before deductions.

That is a lot of money to a lot of us, but for comparable people in similar positions of a nation-wide organization, this is a pay cut.

We can make the agreement of why they took the jobs in the first place. We know the case of the interm HPD - he has been in TT forever and strives to coach high level. The current CEO I know zero about her background.

Some more time and data will tell a more certain story.

So far, there are a number of positive things (some which took some balls and courage) and some bonehead moves.

Anyone trying to function as a leader at any level who has not done that usually makes worse decisions/actions.

The Board as a whole was corrupt and for sure (fact), the previous USATT regime did numerous things that a reasonable person would declare negligent to gross negligence in operations and finance. (facts proven by the audit).

In fact, the 2018 USOPC audit was scathing to a degree proving USATT and Board were negligent to the extreme. Many of the finding repeat findings. There is no way a stock company could operate for any amount of time if they operated like USATT. Major stockholders, major debt holders, and the SEC would kick their azz so hard, they would be floating in the Stratosphere still in orbit and would require the rental of the Space Shuttle to retrieve their sorry azz (s) (plural).

Still, that part of our USATT history is over and we have a chance to do well. There are both good signs and bad signs. Some more time will reveal a more accurate trendline.

This supports mts opinion.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
pongjess View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pongjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 1:41pm
Please do tell us what positive things have happened that have benefited membership, athletes, and programs.  We are eager to know your defense of these incompetent jokers.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Twiddler Twiddler wrote:

Netflix wanted to do a documentary on my quest to make the Olympic team. The USOC shut it down. I asked for help from USATT. No response. They just wanted to film a couple of points of my play or use the live feed. When one need s support there wasn't any.

This is terrible news.  A netflix documentary could have helped promote the sport.  I cannot imagine why the USOC would not want this film made.  Good luck at the trials!
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 6:32pm
Thanks. I understand there may be hoops to jump through at the Olympic Trials. What I can't understand or tolerate is when one asks for help or clarification. No response. Zero. Maybe this could have been worked out.
A Netflix documentary would be seen by tens of thousands of potential TT enthusiasts.
Also CBS did a National feature on my quest and USATT did not publicize it at all. When I asked why. Again no response. After more than a month they ,through some prodding, put it on their website but it moved on in less than 24 hours. Yet the Arkansas 3600 doubles tourney was up for a week. 
I admit this publicity was about my quest but it was all good PR for the sport.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Twiddler Twiddler wrote:

Thanks. I understand there may be hoops to jump through at the Olympic Trials. What I can't understand or tolerate is when one asks for help or clarification. No response. Zero. Maybe this could have been worked out.
A Netflix documentary would be seen by tens of thousands of potential TT enthusiasts.
Also CBS did a National feature on my quest and USATT did not publicize it at all. When I asked why. Again no response. After more than a month they ,through some prodding, put it on their website but it moved on in less than 24 hours. Yet the Arkansas 3600 doubles tourney was up for a week. 
I admit this publicity was about my quest but it was all good PR for the sport.

What a great opportunity for marketing our sport missed.  I can't imagine any reason why this would not have been seen as a good thing for TT.  I've heard it said that they don't have anyone that understands marketingSmile I guess it must be true.  
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 10:30pm
The thing is not that they are just corrupt or incopetent, they are "heavily influenced" by the objectives of the USOPC, to the point that nothing else seems to matter.  You making a effort to make the team, doesn't fit the what they are trying to promote, regardless of the message it might send to others.  

Unlike them, I wish you the best of luck, I hope all the nets and edges are in your favor.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Victas V>15 Stiff (Black) Max, Dr Neubauer Killer Pro Evo (Red) 1.8 mm,
Wt. 167 gm total weight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic