Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victas VO > 102 Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victas VO > 102 Short Pips
    Posted: 06/17/2014 at 12:09am
Just bought the Victas VO > 102 Short Pips in Red 1.8 and have played with them on my FH for the past week. Thought I'd post my impressions. I've played with Raystorm, Flarestorm 1 and 2, TSP Spectol 21, SpinPips, and Tyranno, 802-40, Joola Ultra Express, Andro Hexer+ and Blowfish+, and probably 1 or 2 others I'm forgetting about. Oh...I've also hit some with Adidas Blaze Spin in Max.

First impression: the throw angle is higher than most other SPs I've tried, and it's fast. Even though I'm only playing with 1.8 they are fairly fast compared to the others...at least as fast as most of them. Blowfish+ is also pretty fast but has a decidedly lower throw.

Throw angle is high for SPs
Speed is high...at least as fast as some of the others I've played with...and most of them were thicker sponge
Spin - this is one area that it excels at. I could loop with this SP. It holds the ball well.
Control - this is also high as I've had not problem at all blocking, pushing, and attacking. 

I played a high 2200 player in the club tonight and beat him for the first time in years...and it was a league match so it did count for something. 

Overall I would have to say this is one of the best SPs I've played with as far as Speed, Spin, and Control. They are not very weird...but I did notice that during the rallies whenever he would go from looping to my BH and then loop to my FH, my block would usually cause him to loop the next one in the net. I give this SP rubber a Thumbs Up!  

Anyway...just my 2 cents worth...

Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 4:38am
interesting , but if the pips are spinny its not supposed to be excel at blocking, what about the sponge? hard?  i heard that this rubber gives weird balls, have you tried V101?
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 3:03pm
I don't think this rubber gives very weird balls. Some of my blocks did cause my opponents to loop the next ball in the net, but this was probably just due to the pips change of pace/spin more than anything. I just got a sheet of 101 and will give it a try as well.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2014 at 6:10am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I don't think this rubber gives very weird balls. Some of my blocks did cause my opponents to loop the next ball in the net, but this was probably just due to the pips change of pace/spin more than anything. I just got a sheet of 101 and will give it a try as well.

how is the control of 102 compared to 802-40 and flare2 when blocking spinny loops? have you tried the V101?

Edited by bbkon - 07/21/2014 at 6:16am
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2014 at 6:18am
Thanks for the mini review AcudaDave! I will consider this rubber when I start turn to the dark side :)
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 4:31am
I have been using Spectol Red 1.8 on bh and I want something a bit spinnier on openers and grippier in general.  Is this what I am looking for?
I dont like spinpips red or blue, dont like the feel of the pips.

Not spamming just though i would put it on the public forum!!

cheers AcudaDave!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 11:10am
My Victas 102 arrived yesterday, glued today.

Really looking forward to trying it, hopefully it will grip better than my Spectol red.
And still be good on blocks and drives!!

Feels soft and grippy, think it will be good!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2019 at 8:08am
ClapClapQuick session with Victas 102 last night.

very impressed initially

blocked just as well as my spectol red
hitting was awesome and i reckon faster than spectol red and flatter, but this may have been a freshly glued affect and euphoria of trying something new
the flat hits and drives off short balls was really really good
bh topspins felt easier and felt like there was some spin there.
was very easy to adjust to from spectol red.

one thing i did notice it was much easier to do a short tight bh serve down the line, the ball was staying so low and short (this is very important for me as i rely on tight serves a lot)
it was also very very good at short play, felt similar to waran and waran II in this respect, i could rely return short serves low and tight.

I think the softer sponge made it easier than waran II on openers and rolls just seemed to hold the ball a little better

felt no slippage, which i often felt when blocking with waran and waran II

only played about 45 minutes so needs further trial, however I feel happy enough to play with in a match tonight.
and if that goes ok going to try it at a tournament on saturday

i just hope it was not too much new equipment euphoria and hope it feels as good as initial test on next attempts

maybe this could cure my ejing once and for all

i think this could be a hidden gem of a short pimple that not many players know about!!

Clap
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2019 at 12:29pm
SHORT PIMPS COMPARISON CHART, SIDE-BY-SIDE.

Yes, in the range of short-pimples brands, Victas 102 is found to be an extremely reactive rubber, over 100 speed index.

I do trust Contra's evaluations entirely. The seasoned expert tester is employed.   Much experienced German woman,   Ms. Herweg 45 yo.

NOTE: This given Side-by-Side Table only comprises 40 items.   You can look out further 37 items in the Contra online shop, here
http://www.contra.de/en/blades-rubbers/rubbers/short-pimples.html?limit=60

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 03/16/2019 at 6:13pm
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 12:32am
I would like to see JOOLA Express Ultra and Nittaku Moristo SP Ax tested by Contra.
BBC, SP, LP
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 1:17pm
are there reviews on the contra site?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

are there reviews on the contra site?

https://www.contra.de/en/victas-belag-vo-102.html

In this too, Contra does offer some more Victas short pimps
https://www.contra.de/en/blades-rubbers/rubbers/short-pimples.html

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

I would like to see JOOLA Express Ultra and Nittaku Moristo SP Ax tested by Contra.

https://www.contra.de/en/joola-belag-express-ultra.html

No expert review / evaluation on the Nittaku Moristo SP as yet.   It is expected for the next season.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 6:06am
Acuda Dave,

I am still a little inclined at times to play a reversed type topspin bh.
TBH when there is spin on the ball I normally get the ball on anyway.
I am working on punching the ball with my bh.

I find the Spectol Red a little ineffective unless opponent actually puts decent spin on the ball.

Would you say with the Victas 102 being grippier, softer spinier it might help on imparting my own spin in spinless rallies?

Do you find the blocking is still strong with the Victas 102?  My blocking is pretty excellent with the Spectol.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 4:19pm
Victas 102  performs really poor in blocking. It is like inverted suitable for looping.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 4:38pm
is it spin resistant though on incoming spin and serve return etc?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

is it spin resistant though on incoming spin and serve return etc?
No. It has also poor control on touch shots.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2019 at 7:27am
I think has wonderful control on touch shots, much better than Spectol Red IMO.

In fact I am going to try using it again for this very reason.  Serving and returning particularly.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic