Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by collins.latag collins.latag wrote:

Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

<1000 in that video.

Tinykin those motions although abrupt aren't slow at all, you had to be pretty muscular before?

thanks for the feedback shakehander! :) will start at <1000 if i do get a chance to join a tourney. 

I would say play the highest event of day 1 (U1600-1750) or the lowest event on day 2 (U1900-1950) and start from there.  I think that since no one can see the spin one is placing on the ball in a video, it is a waste of time trying to be precise, but since you can attack chop, I would say don't play the lowest level events.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 2:52pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Tj6C6ugizaQ&feature=endscreen

this was a while ago, I had h3 and blitz at the time
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 3:26pm
Collins - NextLevel's advice is a very good one. You should be able to win a anything below 1900 event with a few exceptions (run into hot player, or doesn't know how to play combination players).

Unless you play drastically lower in tournaments, you should be around 2000+-100 points.

Edited by bonggoy - 11/05/2012 at 6:02pm
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

Collins - NextLevel's advice is a very good one. You should be to win a anything below 1900 event with a few exceptions (run into hot player, or doesn't know how to play combination players).

Unless you play drastically lower in tournaments, you should be around 2000+-100 points.

I won't guess a rating, but I would say significantly higher than 1000 and close to 2000 based solely on 1 video.  What is your opponent rated?  That would give you some idea.
1 thing you'll need to work on before the tournament is your serve.  I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you're clearly hiding the ball with your free hand.  Someone would have to call you on it (a lot of people don't), but if they did you would have to adjust your serves very quickly.  You don't want to get flustered during a match if someone calls you on it.
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

Collins - NextLevel's advice is a very good one. You should be to win a anything below 1900 event with a few exceptions (run into hot player, or doesn't know how to play combination players).

I won't guess a rating, but I would say significantly higher than 1000 and close to 2000 based solely on 1 video.  What is your opponent rated?  That would give you some idea.
1 thing you'll need to work on before the tournament is your serve.  I don't know if it's intentional or not, but you're clearly hiding the ball with your free hand.  Someone would have to call you on it (a lot of people don't), but if they did you would have to adjust your serves very quickly.  You don't want to get flustered during a match if someone calls you on it.

His opponent is 2083. I think he went 6 games with him. He actually looks about the same level or one level lower than his opponent.

I love it when people estimate a ridiculously low rating because someone doesn't look the part.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 7:03pm
I said close to 2000, and I don't think that's not ridiculously low.  I only mentioned significantly higher than 1000 because of someone else's comment.

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 7:39pm

<1000 in that video.

Tinykin those motions although abrupt aren't slow at all, you had to be pretty muscular before?
The muscles went after I left the army 20years agoCry

Edited by Tinykin - 11/05/2012 at 7:39pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:59pm

I said close to 2000, and I don't think that's not ridiculously low.  I only mentioned significantly higher than 1000 because of someone else's comment.

Sorry that was not intended for you. I think somebody mentioned he is lower than 1000 rating before based of the video.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 3:53pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkUUH0Bj0g&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ZApenholder - 11/09/2012 at 5:05pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 3:57pm
No idea why the youtube embedded is not showing...
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

No idea why the youtube embedded is not showing...

Cause you get too much underspin LOL
Back to table tennis...
jeannn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeannn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:02pm
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=218412052859&set=vb.804942859&type=3&theater

jeannn : calcutta75 : jean emond
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:04pm
Here you go, ZApenholder — nice looking serves. Smile

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:15pm
lol Leshxa, you just made my day,,,, lol

Thank you Pondus,
But I still don't know why I can't embeded it.... not fair :)
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:34pm
take out the http://youtube.de and leave the rest (content) newb *which iwas not so long ago with embedding myself*  Big smile

and btw with those serves in that video, i'd rate you at >1000 too, especially the one @0:32  lolLOL

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/09/2012 at 4:39pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:38pm
dam i cant see, "quote" vs 'edit' Ouch

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/09/2012 at 4:39pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 4:47pm

take out the http://youtube.de and leave the rest (content) newb *which iwas not so long ago with embedding myself*  Big smile

and btw with those serves in that video, i'd rate you at >1000 too, especially the one @0:32  lolLOL

I'm retired now Tongue, so my rating is 0.
I embedded it like this:
[ TUBE]xlkUUH0Bj0g&feature=youtu.be[ /TUBE]
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 5:01pm

I embedded it like this:

^ just do that^

I just practice taking photos and accurately rate skill levels online on one video LOL

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/09/2012 at 5:03pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 5:05pm

I embedded it like this:

^ just do that^

I just practice taking photos and accurately rate skill levels online on one video LOL

Sweet, it works.

I uploaded videos in the past, always just worked, never had to remove things from there...
thanks man
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2012 at 5:08pm
i think Alex was bored one night and didn't want to post Eugene in different backgrounds so he changed the settings...lol
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

This is the most recent video I have of myself playing a buddy at a tournament. I'm about 2000 and he was about 2100. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcTMjxf0xQ

This is an older video for some highlights from a tournament. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ybDWqKejag

This is cool point from your games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ybDWqKejag&feature=player_embedded#t=361s

You are good player, I especially like your backhand, very smooth and controlled strokes.

Edited by Rainer87 - 11/12/2012 at 8:55am
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20
collins.latag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 7:08pm

My opponent Ken Yutaka Takahashi is rated 2050++, although the video i posted was already one of my better set against him... he is a modern chopper... he mixes no-spin, side-spin, top-spin and under-spin when he is away from the table... and has a very consistent flat drive with either his forehand or backhand... in regards to my serve, well you are right, though unintentional sometimes i do accidently cover the ball with my free hand... i'm one of those players from the 21 point game era... its just now (past 4 months)  that i am able to play more than 4 times a month again after having an average of 8 best of 5 games per month for the last 8 years. 
PPisLife

Blade:TBS Rubber: Donic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 7:29pm

His opponent is 2083. I think he went 6 games with him. He actually looks about the same level or one level lower than his opponent.

I love it when people estimate a ridiculously low rating because someone doesn't look the part.

Cool you know Ken! :) i'm just too inconsistent to beat him.... as you can see most of the points he won are unforced-errors.
PPisLife

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 7:42pm

Here is a recent practice game clip at the club i play at... I'm the one in blue... still trying to lose more of my weight. 

http://youtu.be/R43FN8KGWRM

Migrated a year ago here in the US and I'm still not rated, too busy working to join tournaments, if i do get a chance maybe someone could give me an idea what category should i enlist for... Thanks in advance

Nice video, but make sure to keep your arm out of the way when serving. It constitutes as illegal serves because your tossing hand is in the line of sight for your opponents

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Nice video, but make sure to keep your arm out of the way when serving. It constitutes as illegal serves because your tossing hand is in the line of sight for your opponents

Will keep that in mind sir... :)

PPisLife

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 8:29am
Promised some time ago to post a video of me in a match using Blue Fire M1. I disliked M1 quite quickly because for me the top-sheet and the sponge somehow don't harmonize. So this will not happen. M2 is a totally different story. It's in my opinion the best European/ Japanese rubber together with T05/T64. Although I recorded some official matches I didn't get the OK from my oponents to show it. So here's a short video during warm up and some drills (link already posted in the Bluefire M2/M3 review topic). 
I'm the guy in the red shirt

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 8:42am

Cool you know Ken! :) i'm just too inconsistent to beat him.... as you can see most of the points he won are unforced-errors.

That's chopping/defending by definition... wear down or deceive the opponent into unforced errors.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/12/2012 at 8:43am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Alexander9641 Alexander9641 wrote:

holy crap speedy is sick!!
agree...Speedy didn't get that name for nothing.  He looks like a 2300 player.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Here is a recent practice game clip at the club i play at... I'm the one in blue... still trying to lose more of my weight. 

http://youtu.be/R43FN8KGWRM

Migrated a year ago here in the US and I'm still not rated, too busy working to join tournaments, if i do get a chance maybe someone could give me an idea what category should i enlist for... Thanks in advance

hence the <1000 rating, like yourself i haven't been at a table till a few days ago i might go tonight but as long as you have those muscle memory....just get out and practice and the bigger ball does have a different flight plus all these new sheets to experiemnt withLOL

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/12/2012 at 9:07am
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 3:24am

Match between me and Yosuayosan, he use Storm of Jupiter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
  Share Topic