FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

violin carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 11:27pm
Nittaku gets this wrong IMHO: their carbon blades are generally heavy but relatively slow without a great sweetspot.

For example, if I had to use a 90g blade, I would much rather play with a 90g Acoustic than a 90g Acoustic carbon (players normally gravitate to carbon for solidity, bigger sweetspot and more power. Well, a 90g all-wood resolves most of this without the compromise in feel or ball arc thst comes with carbon). Perhaps, this is the sane with Violin / Violin Carbon?
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2017 at 10:12am
Sounds like you are trying hard to make it work, which is a good thing, it's how we reach a new height Smile.  From what described the blade seem to have similar characteristic as the Stiga Offensive Carbon,which I think works best when ream up with medium hard rubber like T05, BF M2, etc...
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2017 at 1:56pm
Love me love me sayy that you love meee
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2017 at 2:53pm
I enjoy your live blogging :)
I see you _really_ want VC to work for you.

Personally, I lost a bit of interest in the blade when you wrote "The divine feel of the all wood Violin is gone". That was a hard hit, though it didn't come unexpected: quite the opposite, it's in line with similar impressions that people got from the Acoustic Carbon Outer.

Maybe I should wait a few more years for Nittaku to release Violin Carbon Inner LG (if they ever do), or a 7-ply version of Violin. Or maybe I should simply be happy with Nexy Arche, which is the blade that comes closest so far to a slightly stiffer and faster Violin. It doesn't have the same feeling or the same perfect handle, but somehow something just clicked when I played with it first, and I'm going back to it again and again after having tried other blades.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

be careful a few more dark thoughts like this one and next thing you know you'll play with an Apolonia lol.  

No way: it's composite, it's Butterfly, it's expensive, and I don't like the idea of playing a blade named after someone because I'm still working towards having a blade named after me :o)

Seriously, I've got a gorgeous handmade blade that is built to be an improved Violin that I've played again and again over the last months, wanting to like it at all costs. The feeling is solid and inspires confidence, the control is great, the handle is close to perfect, just... it's a tad more head heavy than I like, and the feeling is more muted. In summary, it's closer to an Acoustic rather than Violin.
This is why, each time after a training session I'm convinced that I can keep it as my main blade, if I play one last set with Arche or Violin, the magic is gone again and I know it's time to sell it.
Join the Nexy Clan!
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am done testing that beauty. I am going back to all wood Violin so I can play instead of trying to finish anything off in a hurry. Yes, that's what carbon blades makes me do: rush; then my game goes to limbo! Wink
I am selling one of my 2 VC right there and it comes with 2 almost new rubbers, R47 and R42, both in 2.0. Thumbs Up

If only it had the large handle and flared, I'd be all over it, like white on rice!
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 3:32pm
Fatt want to get back on the BBC trial train?
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2017 at 2:23am
After initially really struggling with this blade (basically finding it amazing at looping from mid distance, but very unpredicatable for everything else), I have changed to lighter rubbers (Stiga Mantra S and Nexy Karis M in 2.0) and added a grip tape. The total weight is now 182g.
This has really transformed how it plays, it is now much better balanced, which seems to have sorted out the issues I was having and it now plays much more like how I imagined when I bought it.

I now have a dilemma, do stick with it, knowing that I am probably going to be limited to lighter rubbers in the future or look to sell or trade it whilst it is still like new?

With the current trend for thinner topsheets, I think I might be OK
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

OMG I've been waiting this for ages. Now my ej virus was healed :(

I bet in a year or so they will rename it Violin Outer Carbon and release an Inner Carbon.

This post of mine was from 9/9/17.
It seems I was right (or just lucky): Violin Inner Carbon was released in September 2018:
Anyone had a chance to test it?

Edited by arg0 - 10/07/2019 at 8:22pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
Halon X View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halon X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2019 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

OMG I've been waiting this for ages. Now my ej virus was healed :(

I bet in a year or so they will rename it Violin Outer Carbon and release an Inner Carbon.

This post of mine was from 9/9/17.
It seems I was right (or just lucky): Violin Inner Carbon was released in September 2018:
Anyone had a chance to test it?

I also waiting for an online review since it released last year, i found none :( 
hoping they release a large handle version too.
ITC Premier XR
ITC Premier XF
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner LG
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Halon X Halon X wrote:

I also waiting for an online review since it released last year, i found none :( 
hoping they release a large handle version too.

After the normal (aka small handle) is released it usually takes at least 2 years until they release the LG handle version. For a premium price you can ask for a Nittaku custom blade on iruiru. Or you can ask someone who knows how to do it to change the handle.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 6:19am
i didnt find any reviews either. can someone send a link to a japanese forum maybe there we will read something with auto translate.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 7:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic