Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOC-Free Glue Sheets (Donic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VOC-Free Glue Sheets (Donic)
    Posted: 05/16/2010 at 1:49am

*updated

has anyone used these voc free glue sheets

this guy in the video is using the Donic brand ones that i found on megaspin

was wondering how good are they in terms of adhesiveness and peeling them off. im kinda tired of the mess the voc free glue makes. also after glueing my bw2 that had a tuning layer on it, after cutting the edges kept peeling off because of tuning....
im thinking of trying the h3 neo that has a slight layer of tuning on it? (if im right), these sheets might be less of a mess to glue the rubber.?
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 2:27am
I heard bad things about Yasaka's glue.. Tibhar clean fix and Butterfly freechack are very good, even though I favor butterfly a tiny bit more.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
despoticwalnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoticwalnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 2:56am
How is Donic Vario Clean?
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 3:13am
Originally posted by despoticwalnut despoticwalnut wrote:

I use it or the Andro free glue for all my bat make ups, and that equates to about 40 a week.  never had a problem with either of them.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
despoticwalnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoticwalnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 4:06am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Originally posted by despoticwalnut despoticwalnut wrote:

I use it or the Andro free glue for all my bat make ups, and that equates to about 40 a week.� never had a problem with either of them.

Awesome. I was wondering since it's about 6 dollars more for the same amount of free chack.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 4:08am
so far, nothing beats Nittaky Finezip.  only problem is...its the most expensive glue.  peels off the sponge really easy!  i absolutely love that part about Finezip!

Joola X-glue is decently priced and plays well.  Just dont expect to remove the glue from the sponge though...
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 1:54pm
This is like very old arguments about what is better -- an Olds or a Buick?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

This is like very old arguments about what is better -- an Olds or a Buick?

Neither!  lol  

I'm more than happy with using Tear Mender now after using Rubber cement when I started. Tear Mender is super cheap and comes of the sponge so easy. 

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 3:35pm
Do you extra thin it?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Do you extra thin it?

Not sure who your asking or which glue your referring to Imago.  

But Tear Mender does not need thinning.  Its like milk and you can apply a pretty thin layer if you want. 

Erikson45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikson45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 11:25pm
I enjoy using DHS no.15 glue but recently I've switched to Nitakku Finezip upon hearing from my friend that the Chinese and Japanese teams were using it =o
Rutis
FH: H3
BH: T64
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2010 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

so far, nothing beats Nittaky Finezip.  only problem is...its the most expensive glue.  peels off the sponge really easy!  i absolutely love that part about Finezip!

Joola X-glue is decently priced and plays well.  Just dont expect to remove the glue from the sponge though...

how often do you guys remove the rubber and the other question is, why in the hell would you?

Once I glue, that rubber does not come off my blade until it is going to get replaced. That means 6 months-10 months of playing.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
geotjakra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geotjakra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:03am
I heard Haifu WBG and a Chinese  WBG, "Bian Pie" is very good. I don't know about their availability outside of Indonesia, but here they are two of the most recommended WBG. (caution: Haifu has a very strong urine smell, I personally never use this yet) but I have good experience with Bian Pie, easy to apply and easy to clean when the time come for replacing the rubber.) Bian Pie is sold for around 2-4 US dollars for a 35ml bottle (which probably can stick about 15-20 rubber sheets. (comes with sponges and a clip for holding the sponge). 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 8:42am
Haifu WBG requires a hair dryer and some patience to use.  You will need a lot of layers to get the rubber to stick.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 3:12am
anyone else tried the yasaka mizunori water based glue?

i need to get a glue with yasaka xtend hs? so i can get free shipping from megaspin.net

so can anyone suggest a good glue on megaspin site?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 8:52am
Try the Donic Formula First.  

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2010 at 11:46am
has anyone used these voc free glue sheets

this guy in the video is using the Donic brand ones that i found on megaspin

was wondering how good are they in terms of adhesiveness and peeling them off. im kinda tired of the mess the voc free glue makes. also after glueing my bw2 that had a tuning layer on it, after cutting the edges kept peeling off because of tuning....
im thinking of trying the h3 neo that has a slight layer of tuning on it? (if im right), these sheets might be less of a mess to glue the rubber.?

so has anyone tried any of the glue sheets?
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2010 at 12:27pm
I use Donic Vario Clean Glue, works great.  When peeling off old rubber, comes off fairly clean but leaves tiny bits of glue on your blade.  Using your fingertips, just brush lightly over the blade face 10 times and it all comes off clean.  The sponge clip is very nice.  Lets you apply the glue uniformly and thin.

I've used up my bottle of 90ml in last year.  It's enough for about 20-30 rubbers.  And no, I don't switch rubbers that many times in a year.  I help other people reglue out of kindness.  I'm not that bad of an EJ.  :-)
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2010 at 10:33pm
bump on updated qs?
karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by figgie figgie wrote:

how often do you guys remove the rubber and the other question is, why in the hell would you?

Once I glue, that rubber does not come off my blade until it is going to get replaced. That means 6 months-10 months of playing.

I usually reglue them once again, usually after about 2months (I'm mostly getting new ones after about 3-4 months. They feel more fresh and lively again for me.
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 4:23pm
I have used Yasaka glue. TERRIBLE. HORRIBLE. AWFUL. Waste of money.

Nittaku Finezip is the best water based glue out there. Works like a champ.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 6:03pm

where can you get nittaku finezip (US stores)? i dont feel like paying alot for shipping from other countries.

and bump on my second q about the Donic Glue Sheets

ps dauntless ur sig is awesome Big%20smile
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

where can you get nittaku finezip (US stores)? i dont feel like paying alot for shipping from other countries.

and bump on my second q about the Donic Glue Sheets

ps dauntless ur sig is awesome Big%20smile

paddlepalace is the place to get it.
thanks, did it in PS CS4
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 2:11am
hey dauntless clear ur pm box
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 2:56am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

hey dauntless clear ur pm box

Sorry, didn't realize it was full.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 4:00am
Dauntless, is your tenergy shrink using finezip? How many layers do you put the finezip on your tenergy?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 4:33am
i have no shrink it is a new sheet. i just wonder how it will behave. finezip normally produces no irregularity in size like voc can do.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 4:54am
Dauntless, I''ve seen your review at paddle palace about finezip. You said that you have difficulties attaching your rubber with finezip on your 2 layer water based sealed blade.
How many layers do you put? Has this problem solved now?

I also sealed 2 thin coats on water base sealer on my Acoustic, I put 5 layers of haifu WBG, it stick very well, only the part of the rubber where I put my index finger that is peeled off because my index finger keep pressing the rubber.
I pull it off then reglue it, put more glue on the area which peels off, now it stick very well.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 9:24pm
I also use Nittaku Finezip (recommended to me by my coach) and it works fine to simply attach a rubber to a blade. Nothing extraordinary, nothing special, nothing bad either. Like other water-based glues, it is very difficult to pull off the sponge. The only downside is the price, it is one of the most expensive glues. But hey, it works, why risk experimenting with other glues that might mess up your rubbers/blades? 
Viscaria
T05/T64
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Dauntless, I''ve seen your review at paddle palace about finezip. You said that you have difficulties attaching your rubber with finezip on your 2 layer water based sealed blade.
How many layers do you put? Has this problem solved now?

I also sealed 2 thin coats on water base sealer on my Acoustic, I put 5 layers of haifu WBG, it stick very well, only the part of the rubber where I put my index finger that is peeled off because my index finger keep pressing the rubber.
I pull it off then reglue it, put more glue on the area which peels off, now it stick very well.

It was because I did not let it become entirely clear. I tried it again later (my review had a follow up) and it worked great!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic