Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ((Welcome Forums))
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

((Welcome Forums))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 10:23pm
More then 10 years on and off. Just picked up again like month ago.
Sponsored Links

Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 10:47pm

I just want to reply also to the previous posts about equipment. Equipment is Important if you dont have the tools you can't do the job. TT clothing may sound little gooffy but they have some advantages also. If you have a pair of shorts that will hang on you knees because you got them at K-Mart compaired to special designed shorts that let some air in the undercariage I go with the air flow. Same with shirts prices are insane like the Killerspin microfiber shirt 54 usd but if it is going to take the heat away from the body and help me keep temperature and sweat down il take it. With the new guys its more about feeling to be part of the TT comunity. They are not aware what paddle or rubbers are best for them until they develope their own game style and can judge for them selfs. I can tell you wow primorac carbon is great yes maybe for me because it will fit my style but it may be to much for you to handle. Not in a sence that you may be bad player it is just not your speed factor and it is not you. Find your style and you will find the right equipment that fits your style. I think it is great that people include mesages like ONLY FOR EXP PLAYER's.  If you want to be in style and it fits your budget go for it but dont do to much on the blades and rubbers because if you dont know how to use the equipment you will end up changing it all the time as a excuse for your bad game. Just note that there is equipment for every level of game. Profesionals use they own brands do you realy think because it is best for them. Its just to promote, they are profesionals they can play with your blade same way like with my because they know how to use it.  I used Tibhar light IV for a while now even if I am offensive player I didnt feel that more speed would provide me what I need until I was able to say now I got to the max with this one its time to move up to carbon.

Thats all.  

Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2006 at 7:13am
Im norwegian im an offensive player... I liek to be a member here because i am interresed in table tennis and love playing it!
Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2006 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by 3ageeb 3ageeb wrote:

hey alink i think we have new members that have some table tennis experience  can i know how long have u been playing tt ? haris and magichand

I know great news!!! 

kevinqi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinqi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 9:35am
Hello, I am here...
Just Do It View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Do It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 4:49pm

Helle Everyone, Im new to this site but I've been playing TT for about 6 years. I live in Manchester Tennessee, (US),and im 21. We dont really have a club to play in, just kind of a garage thing, I think we are all good within our own. Anyways, i have a few questions, thought i would begin here...I would love to learn to play better and be more confident in my game, just dont have anywhere to go if you know what i mean....if theres anyone close and would like to give some lessons or just hang out amongst good company and play some games, let me know....

I have to 729-2 special edition, has the power sponge(blackside) and the long pips on the red side..i play all forehand very little backhand..i feel the 729-2 is a good one for me, i play back and loop often, love the spin, but also have a powerful overhand right thats pretty accurate. I like chopping but im not up to par with it, if anyone has any tips or helpful thoughts just let me know thanks.....

[email protected]
Just Do It!
kevinqi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinqi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 11:27pm

Just Do It,

I think the best methods is that you come to China...

There are lots of famous master in China...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Do It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:25pm
Kevin, not really planning on going to china anytime in the near future, thanks for that most exillerating tip, ill remember that when im playing.........
[email protected]
Just Do It!
Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:36pm

Just get hold of some Training videos. Look under the Vidios section it has some great thing to improve your game. Look at the videos how they do trainings select the things that you need most improvement and make a training plan. Have somone execute according to the plan you made and repeat it before the games.

Welcome and Good Luck

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:46pm
just do it.......are you anywhere near Knoxville or Chattanooga.....there are TT clubs there......am surprised the only have 2 clubs in Tenn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Do It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 11:16pm

Ok Haris, sounds good to me man. Appreciate it,

And Alfie, Im about 200 miles South of Nashville, it would be nice to have something closer but we seem to make the best of it...

[email protected]
Just Do It!
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2006 at 4:00pm
Greetings...my name is jeffrey.

I was originally a member of DTTW forums...then saw this one and decided to join. I can see it has alot of the same members.

Peace.
Ross Leidy Custom
Donic Bluefire M3
koeman1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koeman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2006 at 3:19pm

Hello My name is Rafa. I have been playing Tenis Table for 13 years.

I like soft rubbers, so I play donic gallardo sound (max) and blade Peter Korbel OFF. Sorry for my english

Evergreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2006 at 8:12pm

Hi, I'm David.  I play with Donic equipment.  I look forward to being a part of this forum.

J.O. Forever The Best

Blade:Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Rubber:Donic J.O Waldner Max
BH Rubber:Donic Desto F1 Max
BigJ99678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJ99678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2006 at 2:34am

hey, my name is jeff and i have been playing for about a year and a half. I live in Michigan and for the past 3 months have been playing 4-5 days a week. before that i played about 2 days a week and with 1 day of training. I trained with jon boska for about 4 months, and have nothing bad to say about him, but it got to expensive wih the gas expenses. just sayin what up, o and i play with primorac carbon, sonex jp soft both sides

You're lucky I suck
BigJ99678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJ99678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2006 at 2:45am
o, and to the guy who ranted about people in the US sucking at table tennis and being superficial, and just sucking at the sport in general, well your right. If i had not thrown out my arm playing baseball i would have never even thought about playing table tennis. In the US when u want to do a past time you play baseball, football, basketball, more "american" sports. I play with a handful of guys in michigan that are 1900 and up who take the game somewhat seriously, and most of them are from different countries (what else is new). This is a great game and if i could go back in time i might have played it over most "american" sports but who knows. As for the sport growing in the US, it is going to take a lot of time and you knocking people down isn't going to help, instead offer a helping hand. Who cares what they wear, they have to start somewhere.
You're lucky I suck
ilovett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2006 at 4:26am

Hello My name is Winky. I have been playing Tenis Table for 7years.

I come form Hong Kong, so my english is not very good. Sorry for my english.

studmuffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studmuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2006 at 9:32am
Hello everybody, I'm a 23 year old male from the Philippines but i have been in South Korea for almost a year now for graduate studies.

I have been lurking on the boards for almost 2 months now, downloading as much of the videos as i can. (Thank you very much to everybody who takes the time and effort to edit and upload these videos for the rest of us)

I have been "playing" probably since i was 10 but i have been training only for almost four years. I play shakehand with Gergely21 Carbon, FH: RITC 729 (must get new FH rubber...) and BH: Butterfly Super Anti (yes, I play with anti rubber)

I have found a club here in Korea where i can practice regularly. I am the youngest player there (well, next to the little kiddies anyway) and the only foreigner in the club.

Players from both the Philippines and South Korea, please feel free to send me a message. Nice "meeting" everybody here and I hope I'll have fun here in the boards and learn things to improve my game.

(ps. that's me on my avatar)
Ekrips View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekrips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2006 at 11:55am

Thanks for joining the forums.  Welcome!

(Blade): Avalox Blue Thunder 777
(Black Side): Sriver FX
(Red Side): Avalox Pronte
[IMG]http://www.pingpang.info/images/equipments/avalox/a555.jpg">

noel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2006 at 2:33pm

where are you exactly in london, see www.londonprogress.com

Originally posted by tofu1888 tofu1888 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have just started into the game.  I am only a beginner and am looking to join a beginners club to improve my game. I live in London, UK.  Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

noel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2006 at 2:38pm

Hey kabayan how are you, nice to know another pinoy on the site

Originally posted by studmuffin studmuffin wrote:

Hello everybody, I'm a 23 year old male from the Philippines but i have been in South Korea for almost a year now for graduate studies.

I have been lurking on the boards for almost 2 months now, downloading as much of the videos as i can. (Thank you very much to everybody who takes the time and effort to edit and upload these videos for the rest of us)

I have been "playing" probably since i was 10 but i have been training only for almost four years. I play shakehand with Gergely21 Carbon, FH: RITC 729 (must get new FH rubber...) and BH: Butterfly Super Anti (yes, I play with anti rubber)

I have found a club here in Korea where i can practice regularly. I am the youngest player there (well, next to the little kiddies anyway) and the only foreigner in the club.

Players from both the Philippines and South Korea, please feel free to send me a message. Nice "meeting" everybody here and I hope I'll have fun here in the boards and learn things to improve my game.

(ps. that's me on my avatar)

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2006 at 2:51am
Hi everyone, I'm Mike. I'm a 19yr-old undergrad at the university of Chicago (Hi to Patmandidly and everyone else in the Chitown area) I just had my first equipment change of my 3yr tt career, so I've got some catching up to do

I originally joined the forum because of the videos, but I'll try to contribute more in the future
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2006 at 12:59pm
Hello...I joined the forum just because of the videos too and are there any girls around?
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2006 at 9:56pm

not too many girls . . . but there a few.

Welcome to the forum.  THe videos are awesome.

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/SDRamones/Table%20Tennis/Blade_fan-1.jpg">

My EBAY Feedback
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2006 at 8:04am

HI friends. My name is Gabriel, I am Italian but now living in Geneva (Switzerland). I play for a local Club, I am also a referree (F.S.T.T.).

I start playing when I was 6 years old. I am now 55 but I still enjoy this fantastic sport.  I also join another Forum (the one of Italian Table Tennis Federation) but I also like to be, let's say, a bit international (like my family: 2 children are Italo-Canadian while my wife is Egyptian/Canadian/Italian).

I have been in many international places: Abu Dhabi/Dubai (U.A.E.) - Japan Tokyo) - Switzerland (Zrich and now Geneva).

Best regards to everybody ! Ciao

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2006 at 9:20am

Hi Gabriel,

I'm Sean and am also an older gentleman.  Welcome to the forum.  It is a great place for information.  Some good and some bad, but for the most part a good place with people who are nice and are here to have fun.

I for one, love the Videos section.  It's a place to share videos for recent games that I would have not normally have seen.  Table Tennis (TT) from where I live is not as popular so I have to go online to buy stuff and learna more about the sport.

Once again hello and have fun.

- SEAN

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/SDRamones/Table%20Tennis/Blade_fan-1.jpg">

My EBAY Feedback
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2006 at 9:22am

Hi Gabriel,

I'm Sean and am also an older gentleman.  Welcome to the forum.  It is a great place for information.  Some good and some bad, but for the most part a good place with people who are nice and are here to have fun.

I for one, love the Videos section.  It's a place to share videos for recent games that I would have not normally have seen.  Table Tennis (TT) from where I live is not as popular so I have to go online to buy stuff and learna more about the sport.

Once again hello and have fun.

- SEAN

My EBAY Feedback
hua_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hua_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 2:05pm
Hi guys.
my name is Hua.
I'm from Australia, (melbourne).
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by hua_ hua_ wrote:

Hi guys.
my name is Hua.
I'm from Australia, (melbourne).

Welcome, I come from Italy and I am very sorry for your good soccer team. Next time you deserve a better place. Ciao

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
davesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 5:33am
I'm David, I'm from the UK and about 15 years ago played at a reasonable level but for some reason I stopped playing and only got back into it 9 months ago! Now after finding out my bat is 'illegal' to use in competition i'm tryin to sort through all the different rubbers and blades.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic