FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET

who has/had the strongest forehand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2007 at 5:44pm
   I have the strongest FH,

I may Ryu's look like slow moWink

Only Kidding:
  I would have to say Ryu has the fastest FH but it his serves that make his FH look good(hint,hint) everyone should be practising their serves
but i would have to say Liqin is the most consistent FH and the best technique
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 3:53pm
Ryu on first place, Wang Liquin on second, Timo Boll and Wang Hao on third, and I on fourth.
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 5:16pm
in english measurements, ryu seung min's about 5'10", wang liqin's about 6'1"
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Martyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2008 at 4:21pm
Timo Boll is amazing....
blade:P.Marek (seeking for the new one)
forehand&backhand:Butterfly Sriver (seeking for the new one)
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2008 at 4:34pm
RSM no doubt
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2008 at 5:54pm
it partially depends on the equipment as well.  ma lin's special version skyline2 is 2.1mm 41.5 deg, which i believe at that level is rather thin, and chinese rubbers aren't exactly known for power.  not exactly sure how thick a max omega III rubber is, but i'd believe it's thicker than 2.1mm, that plus a uniply hinoki comes out to be an off++++++ setup vs. ma lin's off/off+ setup, or pretty much any chinese national player's off/off+ setup.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2008 at 8:48pm
Well the category of who has best fh, is somewhat a generalization. You can break it down to into categorys, such as spin,  power, stroke speed, best block, best chop, best flick. Someone ( Who I cant remember) said to generalize is to be an idiot.
DHS PF4 08
TSP Triple Power
TSP Curl P3α-R OX
acpoulos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acpoulos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2008 at 2:14pm
Many players can smash balls above the net, but when I think of a great forehand, I think of the ability to kill low balls.

The best ever at that was Bob Gusikoff, who of course is in the hall of fame. Here's to you Bob!

Tony  
Tony
Beisis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 2:46pm
Timo Boll owns the spinniest forehand for sure
longhand View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 3:00pm
Wang Liqin hands down. Biggest fh in the game. Although he's getting old now...so i suppose that'll be a "had" the strongest forehand.

Stiga ebenholz
fh- Palio macro era Max
bh- Palio macro era Max
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 8:20pm
George Foreman
Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2008 at 8:51pm
Damien Eloi!!!

This Frenchman packs a pretty powerful punch on his twitchy forehand. Though most of his opponents can return his forehands, he is still very fun to watch.

Strong Forehand doesn't necessarily mean point-winning forehands. Ma Lin has point-winning forehands because he has good power, but also good placement which results in winning the point. Others like Eloi have the best power, but have bad placement meaning that he doesn't always win points because of his forehands.

I have to give the #1 spot for strongest Forehand to Wang Liqin though, and #2 and #3 to Eloi and Ma Lin, respectively. I give honorable mention to Ryu Seung Min. In Athens in 2004, RSM was on fire with his forehand drives. Just creamed the competition consisting of Chinese and Swedish Champions alike. More recently though, everyone seems to have gotten use to his style, and could counter his forehands more easily now though.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

Bobc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 8:27am
Istvan Joyner best forehand loop, best USA Danny Seemiller, since he hit it from everywhere. 
dr Loop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 2:29pm
wang liqin... has best biomechanics i have ever seen in table tennis.
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 7:26pm
I'd say Wang Liqin or Ma Lin.  Reachie, where did you find out Ma Lin uses 2.1 41.5 degrees?
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 8:07pm
Hardest/fastest: Ryu Seung Min (around 2004).
Best fh-loop in terms of placement, spin-variation and effectivity: Ma Lin.
Best consistensy: Kim Taek Soo.
Best allround fh (including blocking, lobbing, chopping, service returns, flips etc. etc.): Jan-Ove Waldner in his prime.

I realise that Wang Liqin probably could compete with most of them, but I really don't like watching him play, or him at all, so I'll leave it to you other guys to mention him.
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
the-mezz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the-mezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 8:26pm
Can't believe I haven't seen Ma Long's name yet! If you watch his match against Zhang Jike during the asian championships, his FH has become soooo quick and deadly
Offensive CR WRB
H3 Neo 2.1
Gambler Aces PRO 2.15
soggyNoodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggyNoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 8:39pm
How about Yoshida Kaii? All around he's not that great but I think his forehand is pretty dominating.
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 9:50pm
 Yes I like Ma longs forehand too, his arm goes like a baby turtle heading for the water
Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 10:03pm
While Ma long has a good forehand, even wang hao's forehand is stronger than his. Ma long has struggled with power on his forehand for a while, but has gotten stronger in this past 2 years.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 10:28pm
WLQ duh!  this one should obviously go to him.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2009 at 10:46pm
Too hard to say, I mean, you have to specify further than just "strongest". Fastest, hardest, most penetrating, nastiest, hardest to return, strongest in what it can attack, where it attacks, best in most situations, etc. Many players have great forehands, even lesser known players are built on great forehands, too hard to decide. It's like trying to decide who has the best fastball in baseball...
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 1:18am
I would say schlager.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 7:47am
I think Fedor Kuzmin has  a pretty strong FH.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 10:46am
ma long and wang liqin..
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 4:53pm
ma lin has the fastest forehand
ma long has the strongest forhand
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 5:32pm
When people say strongest forehand, what do they mean, a faster stroke, or a more spinnier stroke, or a stroke that wins more points? Or do they mean a shot that is made using the most power. And just loops or even smashes? I think a different player would come out as the strongest in each of those categories.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 5:41pm
Worth note, some great forehands, Liu Guozheng, Ma Lin, Kim, Schlager, .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92125ovsueA  
hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 5:52pm
It's fascinating that no one has mentioned J-P Gatien whose forehand was a most fearsome weapon when he was at his best. Amongst current players, I'd have vote for Wang Liqin whose pivot forehand must one of the best ever.

Best all round forehand - J-O Waldner.

I suppose we are talking about forehand topspins. If we go outside that, we'd have to mention the late Kjell Johansson of Sweden whose smash was so hard they called him the 'Hammer'.
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2009 at 8:21pm

The most powerfull 1 is Ryu's, but if I can choose to get one of pro's forehand, I would pick WLQ's in a heart beat. Powerfull yet effective.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic