FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

who has/had the strongest forehand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 12:37am
ma long has a powerful fh..
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
papy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 11:12am
waldner
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 12:07pm
ma long gas the best forehand hands down
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 5:54pm
 Ryu Seung Min.
Chiang Peng-Lung.
Kim Taek Soo.
Yoo Nam-Kyu
Single Ply Hinoki club
metallikviper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 6:18pm
J-Pen players I think have to have strong Forehands as they have to compensate for their Backhands (however would kill to have RSM FH). Among the shake handers I think it would be a close tie between Ma Long and WLQ.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
FH: Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH: TSP P1-R 1.1mm
Hataw Na View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hataw Na Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 11:42pm

Maybe, let's break it down to two categories - Penholders and Shakehanders.

I will agree with most of the people here - RSM (Penhold)
                                                                    WLQ(Shakehand)
Hataw lang ng hataw!
Butterfly Cypress S
FH - Bty Bryce 2.1 mm Red
RPB - Bty Tackfire D 2.1 mm Blk
gtx634 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtx634 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 11:05am
for sure J O Waldner
My Feedback
BTY joo Se Hyuk
FH:Vega Europe
BH:Grass D.Tecs
-
Stiga Allround Bengston
FH:Phantom 008
BH:Tackiness D
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2009 at 10:09pm
For power? WLQ probably.  Control... Don't know. Schlager or Waldner?
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 3:45am
for those who think Ma Long has the strongest fh, i have to disagree.  his fh is very effective and fast but it isnt powerful.  he plays a close to table attack game which borrows a lot of power from his opponents which make his fh look powerful.

iv also heard that the chinese coaches notice a flaw in Ma Long fh compared to the others in the team that he lacks the power the others have but he is trained to play so close to the table with relentless attack that it makes up for his lack of power.  i would even go as far as saying that Ma Long has one of the weakest fhs in the chinese team.

the fh of Wang Liqin and Chen Qi will outpower Ma Long's anyday, but Ma Long will out play them.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Hataw Na View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hataw Na Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 6:07am
In their prime, Ma Long will never have a chance against Wang Liqin. It just so happen that WLQ is old now, but he's still hanging there.
Wang Liqin is still the best player in the 40mm Era. No one can touch him with 50++ MOnths as No. 1 in the ITTF list. Wang Hao comes in 2nd with probably 30+ months now. Ma Lin is gone,  Boll is gone, Samsonov (pffft!). By now only Ma Long has the chance to break that, but he still has to unseat Wang Hao, and start counting . . . .
Hataw lang ng hataw!
Butterfly Cypress S
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 1:29am
You have to remember Ma Long won't be using speed glue whereas WLQ and RSM were using it during their prime.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 1:38am
IMO    Wang Jian Jun one of the best I have seen, there is a recent posting about him I sugest you take a look.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Hataw Na View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hataw Na Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 3:22am
He, he . .

@ Fruit Loop - Why, You haven't seen RSM latest games without speed Glue? And with or without speed glue, WLQ will beat Ma Long's ass IN THEIR PRIME.

cHECK YOU DATA: WLQ has been in the No.1 list of the ITTF for more than 50 months. And Wang Hao is a far second (by now, about 30+ months). And Ma Long? Once he unseat Wang Hao, then we can start counting . . . But I doubt if he can beat WLQ's Legendary achievements. That's more tha 4 years' dominance!!!.  

Hataw lang ng hataw!
Butterfly Cypress S
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 9:17pm
Ryu hits hard but it is understandable because jpens are extremely thick. i believe wang liqin has the most effective forehand. at his prime he is filled with confidence and power when the ball reaches his forehand. today's players no where close. ma long has a really weak forehand even when speed glue is taken into account
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
qbp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qbp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 2:51am
Jesus Cantero

Clint Eastwood in table tennis. Too bad he is only around top 100. Watching his video matches is really entertaining.

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 7:38am
i would think by judging the power of their loop against choppers, their power when looping at long distances...the true potential of their FH loop would show. I think Wang Hao and Xu Xin have the most power in their FHs currently. Wang Liqin and Ryu had the most powerful FH back in the glue days. The rest of the Chinese players have a lot of power in their 1st loopkill near the table, but they lose power significantly when they back off from the table in rallies.
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 3-50
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 7:48am
I would say Joo se Hyuk, because I'm in love with him ;)
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 7:48am
Penhold: Ma Lin
Shakehand: Wang Liqin
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 9:20am
I would say Wang Liqin’s forehand was spinnier than Ma Long’s. There was hardly any player, who could keep up forehand ralleys with Wang Liqin. But there are players, who can block Ma Long’s forehand. Remeber the noname japanese player, who won 3 : 0 against Ma Long just by blocking?

Edited by Klaus123 - 12/26/2010 at 9:27am
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 3:33pm
I think Cantero is guy who killed almost all Timo Boll's opening loops at team championship this year.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 3:54pm
i think Zhang Jike said Ma Long likes to play off of his opponents spin... i actually think ZJ has a better forehand then Ma Long in terms of power...

I think RSM has amazing footwork and body mechanics as required by the J-Pen players... and thats where his power comes from...

i thing the most dominant Forehand has to go to WLQ.... simply amazing!!!
Yasaka Rakza7 Butterfly Cypress Max
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 5:50pm
Ma Lin's left arm LOL
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
My Feedback

DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2010 at 8:02pm
I like Blahness' idea of judging the power of a loop by how it plays against choppers. Just watch the current top players loop at someone like Joo: their loops just don't stack up (especially Timo Bolls!) because the energy of the shot dissipates really quickly. This is perhaps partly due to the 40mm ball but it is mainly due to the fact that the modern game (understandably) favours economy over power. To see how real men forehand loop you got to go back aways to players like Jonyer and Klampar. Their loops hit the back white line with truckloads of spin and just kept going.   
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 6:17am
Penhold: Ma Lin, Ryu Seung Min
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance
Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 1:18pm
Just before WLQ ceased at the tournaments, he was on an uprise again. He had wins over everyone recently, including Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, AND Wang Hao. You watch his FH off the table, and against Joo (after the glue ban) he's still more vicious and powerful than any other (chinese) player.
Nostalgic Offensive
EL-S
Vega Japan
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2010 at 7:39pm
Penhold: I would pick Guo Yuehua.  GYH at his prime + today's rubber would probably be > Ma Lin's FH.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 1:46am
Wang liqin for sure
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 3:54am
WLQ hands down. Anyone that has watched him play in his prime should agree with this.

So freaking powerful.
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 7:45am
Wang Liqin.
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2010 at 11:56pm
WLQ +1
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic