Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why boosting h3 doesn't seem to do good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why boosting h3 doesn't seem to do good?
    Posted: 10/18/2019 at 5:50pm
I tried to boost my h3, it doesn't do anything other than making the throw angle lower. There's no speed/spin/feel change at all as other people claim. Why is that? 

I use falco tempo long tried different layers on different rubber. My conclusion is, the more layers the lower the throw angle until it's all mushed up and useless. 

This beg's my question is falco tempo long a good booster for h3?
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 5:52pm
I would buy chop4ever's product instead. He designed it just for that; he is an authority on Hurricane rubbers and "rejuvenating" them :)

Edited by stiltt - 10/18/2019 at 5:52pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 6:12pm
"I would buy chop4ever's product instead."

What product?

And yes I agree with OP, that using other boosting oils does not seem to make a big difference.
It does feel a tad faster, spin does not increase and the sponge feels softer. I just dont see much point to boosting H3, and in top of that the sheet might bubble. I have used Falco and Dianchi.

Currently using the Nittakku H3 Pro, and it feels very similar to DHS National Blu Sponge H3. I think I like it better.

FdT
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 6:21pm
Falco not good for Hurricane. you should use Dianchi or Seamoon

Edited by piligrim - 10/18/2019 at 6:59pm
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 6:33pm
3 layers of Falco should do a fine job. Are you applying properly? 

Obviously, you can use Kailin, Dianchi or Seamoon if you want a better effect. But you will need to reapply a lot more often. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 6:51pm
I have been using Falco for a long time and I can only say positive things about it. It might not have a strong effect as Dianchi and Seamoon but it boosts the speed of the Hurricane 3 by a lot. ALso, boosting increases the arc not reduce it. I do not know how you boost your rubber but I have opposite effects as what you have been saying.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 8:08pm
If boosting with Falco, would you recommend H3 neo or regular?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 8:12pm
I use the regular H3 because it is cheaper and absorbs booster better.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
fieldingy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fieldingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 5:06pm
I recently boost H3 with Falco, I feel it grep the ball a little better, a little faster and spinner, but not like the other people claim to have a big different.  However, once I boost the rubber, my winning rate does increase, and my opponent does see the different in terms of spin and speed.
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:42am
flaco it's good but if you want the best of the best I recommend the haifu black booster it's really good!!!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

I tried to boost my h3, it doesn't do anything other than making the throw angle lower. There's no speed/spin/feel change at all as other people claim. Why is that? 

I use falco tempo long tried different layers on different rubber. My conclusion is, the more layers the lower the throw angle until it's all mushed up and useless. 

This beg's my question is falco tempo long a good booster for h3?
how curled was your H3 during boosting and does it make a loud sound/crack with a power stroke?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I have been using Falco for a long time and I can only say positive things about it. It might not have a strong effect as Dianchi and Seamoon but it boosts the speed of the Hurricane 3 by a lot. ALso, boosting increases the arc not reduce it. I do not know how you boost your rubber but I have opposite effects as what you have been saying.

I'd have to agree with Yogi. Boosting technique makes a big difference in effect. Also, many of the different blue sponges are much more falco compatible (stronger catapult effect, better control with more spin) than the orange sponges.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 1:35pm
Most players I know who boost H3 or other Chinese rubbers use Haifu. From what everyone who boosts tell me  Falco is best for Tenergy/ESN  and Haifu is for H3. I tried boosting H3 with Falco once and my results were underwhelming  as well then again I mainly use T05H/D05 so maybe I'm expecting too much. 
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic