Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

WHY SHORT PIPS ONLY USE IN BACKHAND NOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
McGuiggan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McGuiggan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 1:13pm
titanium got it in one imo
Timo Boll Spirit
Bryce Speed 2.1 FH
Bryce Spee FX 2.1 BH
Sponsored Links

Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 1:16pm
Hi Titanium,
     Perfect answer for the original question.Smile
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

I use Challenger Attack for FH sometimes for the fun and I have never played with such pips, they are the best FH pip I've tried

...and I agree with you Wink
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Braveheart Braveheart wrote:

Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

I use Challenger Attack for FH sometimes for the fun and I have never played with such pips, they are the best FH pip I've tried

...and I agree with you Wink

I say that they are the best and the softest SP with sponge that I've used

OX SP are Doc Evil IMO
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
DragonSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2008 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by titanium titanium wrote:

To answer the original question, many shakehanders find both looping and returning spin more difficult to do on the backhand side.� Whether rightly or wrongly, they believe that the lower susceptibility of pips out to incoming spin outweighs any loss of looping ability on the bh side.

Hi titanium, thks for the point. I'm a shakehand player, some how I found it harder to return heavy side spin serve from the forehand side. That's why I tried to use SPs to overcome this issue but doesn't seem to work.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2008 at 2:44am
Originally posted by titanium titanium wrote:

To answer the original question, many shakehanders find both looping and returning spin more difficult to do on the backhand side.  Whether rightly or wrongly, they believe that the lower susceptibility of pips out to incoming spin outweighs any loss of looping ability on the bh side.

i thought returning service with the bh would be easier? i mean the bh is the most natural shot imo, its in front of you body, ur not hitting awkwardly on the side, looping, sure the body isnt as used easily compared to the fh side, but i believe returning service is easier on the bh side.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

DragonSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2008 at 3:52am
thks for the suggestion theman, I'll try to returning service with backhand.
elpmip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elpmip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 4:04am
Not necessary, I use SP on FH most of time, until recently, frictional LPs, like 755 faster, DHS C8, Tibhar Grass, TSP CurlP1R, etc,  on forehand and SP on backhand and I am using Cpen.
Loop and kill with friction LP is another ball game. It is difficult to return the ball. I play almost a grade higher immediately and there are lots of room to improve.
RPB is still absolutely possible with backhand spinny SPs.
How about flipping in every point?
SP can be very spinny, say, put on some spinmax on the spinny SPs like RITC802-40, TSP SpinPips. The opponents will be surprised how spinny it can be.
What do you think about LiuGuoLiang on his forehand loop with SP?
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 2:38pm
the only shakehand player i can think of who uses pips exclusively on the forehand is ZHAN JIAN on the chinese team. 

also, JOHNNY HUANG of canada used to play with pips on both sides. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic