Topic Closedwomen in TT clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Ieyasu Ieyasu wrote:

YoAss, do you see a disconnect between your User Name and what you are espousing on this thread?

It's one of the paradoxes I am yet to investigate...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 145
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
YoAss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 3:53am

YoAss, do you see a disconnect between your User Name and what you are espousing on this thread?

My username is a pronounciation of my initials.  I didn't come up with it, a bunch of friends lovingly conjectured it at some point and after a while it became habitual.  You can blame me for that and I guess it's easy to make something else entirely out of it.

Even it it were a bad show of a sexist/body shaming pun, how would that disqualify my observations?  Note that you don't need to share them, or to endorse them, but that still does not mean they are not authentic.

I get the contemporary need to look away, and to deny the uncomfortable.  That too does not mean it's not out there.  At the risk of repetition, even those happy enough to really not recognize that there's much engrained group hostility towards, well, basically anything not fitting the mold: good for you.  It still does not mean there's no such thing as misogeny, no male gaze, and that there are no subtle (or overt) patterns of exclusion, diminishment, marginalization and ridiculisation out there.

The vigorous denial, and ad hominem attacks on my person, do not supply any evidence here.  Quite the contrary.

Edited by YoAss - 09/11/2019 at 9:23am
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 10:37am
YoAss,

My questioning the appropriateness of your username has nothing to do with whether anything else you  said on this thread is valid. Nor was my question an ad hominem attack (that claim may not have been directed at me... not sure).

However, a username like yours combined with your defensive response does suggest hypocrisy and selective enforcement. In other words, the rules apply to others, but to me... not as much.

Edited by Ieyasu - 09/11/2019 at 10:59am
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 11:36am

YoAss,

My questioning the appropriateness of your username has nothing to do with whether anything else you  said on this thread is valid. Nor was my question an ad hominem attack (that claim may not have been directed at me... not sure).

However, a username like yours combined with your defensive response does suggest hypocrisy and selective enforcement. In other words, the rules apply to others, but to me... not as much.
why would you make a fixation on his handle? you have nothing to say on the topic or on what he says so you attack him on his handle? 
what's wrong with being named "YoAss" on a ping pong forum, adopting a nickname from his teenage years or young adult time that his buddies gave him, and an appropriate behavior towards women in clubs? why do you see the 2 mutually exclusive? you make no sense, you are empty. Either you are an hypocrite or you lack intelligence. I think the latter is true, you just can't think in context, that's it, and it's polluting.

Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"YoAss, do you see a disconnect between your User Name and what you are espousing on this thread?"

His head is so far up his, he can't see that he keeps cherry picking and making stupid statements.

FdT

So we have a member treating another "stupid" and another attacking him on his handle...and nobody sees a middle school playground where abusers can roam free, insult and belittle?

That's why women are so low in numbers in tt clubs, they do not want to be associated with that kind of people.

You 2 make the very point of this topic.

Edited by stiltt - 09/11/2019 at 10:21pm
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 1:37pm
Why do all the posts read like a highschooler trying to word-salad their way by a college term paper? My god, lol...

The supercilious nature of your grandiloquently ostentatious missives do not effectuate any tangible motif whatsoever, pertaining to the transcendentally, and most exceedingly preeminent athletic endeavor we designate as table tennis. Rather they are merely your own tumescent folktales, spewed and regurgitated with the quixotically and sanguine hope of proselytizing others to the heretofore lugubriously typed messages.  

But as expected, this is the internet, and any time women are mentioned -- you will need the white knights to appear. 
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 1:40pm
ClapClapClapClapClap

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Why do all the posts read like a highschooler trying to word-salad their way by a college term paper? My god, lol...

The supercilious nature of your grandiloquently ostentatious missives do not effectuate any tangible motif whatsoever, pertaining to the transcendentally, and most exceedingly preeminent athletic endeavor we designate as table tennis. Rather they are merely your own tumescent folktales, spewed and regurgitated with the quixotically and sanguine hope of proselytizing others to the heretofore lugubriously typed messages.  

But as expected, this is the internet, and any time women are mentioned -- you will need the white knights to appear. 
For YoAss and I, English is a second language. Attacking us on that is so low. We are trying our best and you take us down for it. Bravo! you win with your friends, but only like hyenas, attacking in group and behind a screen. I am missing the right words to describe what I think of you.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 10:10pm
C'mon guys lighten up.

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

C'mon guys lighten up.

Hey, Baal, I understand that your role as moderator means the necessity of policing the conversation, however I think some important points are being made here.  Even so, it is highly unlikely that anyone will pause long enough to work out what's real and what's just their own prejudice at work.

A simple observation:  One, and only one, poster here is explicitly female.  She posted once and only once.  What happened?  She was immediately attacked (and that is the only word I can use for it) by Fulanodetal and obesechopper, and she went away.  Well done, guys.  And you wonder why there are no women in clubs...

Edited by Tassie52 - 09/11/2019 at 11:55pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 11:35pm
I will make a meaningless post to move the number count to a more reasonable number.

As for the USA native folk (sadly) harassing the foreign folk about English, how about those same USA folk trying to move to a foreign country and function over there their way. 90% gunna cry a river of alligator tears, but a small percentage would go for it and earn respect along the way.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

C'mon guys lighten up.

Hey, Baal, I understand that your role as moderator means the necessity of policing the conversation, however I think some important points are being made here.  Even so, it is highly unlikely that anyone will pause long enough to work out what's real and what's just their own prejudice at work.

A simple observation:  One, and only one, poster here is explicitly female.  She posted once and only once.  What happened?  She was immediately attacked (and that is the only word I can use for it) by Fulanodetal and obesechopper, and she went away.  Well done, guys.  That's how you treat women, huh?

And you wonder why there are no women in clubs...

This is the internet.  I think that if you take what people do online as representative of what they are like in person unless they go out of their way to reveal personal details, you will be very wrong most of the time. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 145
FH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 B
BH: Fastarc C-1 2.0 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

C'mon guys lighten up.

A simple observation:  One, and only one, poster here is explicitly female.  She posted once and only once.  What happened?  She was immediately attacked (and that is the only word I can use for it) by Fulanodetal and obesechopper, and she went away.  Well done, guys.  That's how you treat women, huh?

And you wonder why there are no women in clubs...

That train left awhile ago.  I'm just trying to get people to set their flame throwers on low.
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 12:35am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I will make a meaningless post to move the number count to a more reasonable number.

As for the USA native folk (sadly) harassing the foreign folk about English, how about those same USA folk trying to move to a foreign country and function over there their way. 90% gunna cry a river of alligator tears, but a small percentage would go for it and earn respect along the way.

Out of curiosity, on this thread, where are peopled being harassed about their English? If you are referring to my post, questioning a user name, it was within the context of a name that some could find offensive. YoAss's English is perfect (extremely impressed with that).  Given his response and his fully-fluent writing skills, I get the impression he full-well understood its meaning in English.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 2:07am
What silly little strawmen... 

Nobody insulted anyone's english skills... I commented on his word choice and the over the top/pretentious, roundabout method of trying to get his point across. It's clear enough from his vocabulary, that he probably knows more about english than 95% of the native speakers! Still, whether he writes in english or his native language, I'm sure the style would remain the same. Has nothing to do with his grasp of a language... 

And where did I jump in and immediately harass women? Comical! This was the "one female poster's" first message:

"TT has been and remains a primarily male-dominant sport, which also unfortunately has resulted in a too-prevalent culture of misogynism; whether overt or subvert, it exists and until enough of the lonely men wise up with sincere positive attitude and behavioral changes, nothing will change. The ball is in your court, Guys."

Yet, supposedly I was on here harassing women left and right? Where are those messages at, lol... A sexist comment was made (against males by the way - but in today's #metoo movement I guess that doesn't matter much hehe), so I wrote a funny made-up tale in response. 

Also, if anything, her comment illustrates a stigma women have toward table tennis - being that its only played by lonely old, creepy men... lol

But perhaps instead of demanding all the men change, she could work on removing her negative, skewed opinion about the playerbase of table tennis players 

Edited by obesechopper - 09/12/2019 at 4:39am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 6:06am
Thread locked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic