Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - world cup germany soccer 2006
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

world cup germany soccer 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: who do u think will win the world cup
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [35.71%]
10 [14.29%]
4 [5.71%]
6 [8.57%]
5 [7.14%]
7 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [4.29%]
3 [4.29%]
1 [1.43%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.43%]
1 [1.43%]
2 [2.86%]
1 [1.43%]
1 [1.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
noel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2006 at 3:42pm

Go England

Hurricane king
Nittaku Hurricane pro2 FH
Bryce BH
Sponsored Links

ttplayer05 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2006 at 5:13pm
Yea Germany looked quite good when attacking, however the costa rica defence was hardly organised! Germanys defence is really bad, their positioning  is really bad and they leave massive gaps at the back. I still think either brazil, argentina or england will win!
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2006 at 11:55am
Originally posted by ttplayer05 ttplayer05 wrote:

Yea Germany looked quite good when attacking, however the costa rica defence was hardly organised! Germanys defence is really bad, their positioning is really bad and they leave massive gaps at the back. I still think either brazil, argentina or england will win!

yeah, the germans held far too high a line at the back and were uncoordinated at trying to play the offside trap.. a good team would have taken 5 off them. you can see they are really poor defensively. quite exciting to watch though, for a change. every german team up until now has bored me to tears. this lot seem to have an attitude that if you score 3 we will score 4. entertaining stuff.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
$heik View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $heik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 2:07pm
yeh ronaldhino aint that good i mean yeh he's pretty amazing but like azrin said he's more of a showhorse, and anyone guess what his favourite sport is? that's right it's table tennis lol apparently he said that he enjoys table tennis the most but plays football becuase it's much better play.
blade:$heik
F/H:Samba N Tec
B/H:Mambo
He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
And more..............
leoniedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoniedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 2:18pm
It's a known fact (for me at least, as I've seen it and read it somewhere...) that a football player usually is pretty good in tt. The explanation is 1. excelent coordination - essentially required for both sports, 2. overall physical shape, 3. tacktical mind set, 4. strong legs. As I played soccer seriously when I was young, I saw that quite a lot of my team mates were able to progress fast in tt, and even became decent players in a very short time.
Jason7036 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason7036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 4:22pm
I am tired of hearing all of the negativity out of Sluskas.
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 4:26pm
@fraziel
lol, you are right with the bad defence but dont forget that Germany plays that way since Klinsmann took over 2004. 2005 Confed Cup was similar. Great offensiv play but bad at defence but dit Germany got destroyed by brazil or argentina? No, the only game were they got pwned was against Italy. Worst german team was Euro 2004 for sure.
Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 8:53pm
Interesting, isn't it, the way Germany played so far. I remember in the 2002 World Cup, they had a reputation for very solid defence and possession skills. They also had Oliver Kahn as goalkeeper (best Goalie of the tournament IMO). I don't know what has changed between then and now, apart from Rudi Voller leaving and Klinsmann taking over ..?
Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 8:54pm
My dad actually tipped Germany to be in the finals for 2002, judging by the way they played in the earlier stages.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 9:55pm
The Us is in a tough group just to get to the second round will be a major achievement plus their main star Reyna is injured.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 4:22am
@Gizzle
Klinsmann tactic philosophie is similar to Arsene Wengers Arsenal London. Fast short passes with strong pressing. Defence player are very agressiv with offside trap and staying near the middle line.
Rudi Vllers is more old school german tactic with a very defensiv playing/destroying middlefield player (WC 2002 Haman)and a defensiv line staying quiet deep with less risk. 7 player from the present team were in Euro 2004. Did these player improved in the offensiv play that much?2004 was worst in result and playstyle.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 12:51pm

The US is introuble down 2_0 to the Czech Rep at halftime.

Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 3:55pm
anyone who says ronaldinho is a showhorse clearly has a very limited understanding of football. i have seen a lot of him on tv this year for barcelona and the things he can do on the pitch almost defy belief. he is the one player in the last 40 years who has come close to maradona and pele. he is not as good as those 2 but he is better than zidane, cruyff ,platini,eusebio, best and baggio. and he is still young. the best is yet to come. from what i have seen so far you can count out germany, portugal, italy and england to win the cup. defensively germany are the worst team i have seen so far and i have seen every game so far. czech republic were superb against the u.s. as were argentina against the ivory coast, who are the best african team in the tournie. of course we have still to see brazil and a pretty good spanish team.
Fraziel,
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 4:24pm
hey hey hey and the 3-0 for czech Republic against USA ahaha, they are bad
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 5:22pm
I dont understand how the #5 rated and the #2 rated teams end up in the same group.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
packtim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

I dont understand how the #5 rated and the #2 rated teams end up in the same group.

The FIFA world rankings are very misleading.  The USA and Mexico have deceptively high world rankings due to the weakness of the CONCAF area (I think its that one they play in).  Although the USA have improved significantly, they are definately not among the best 8 teams in the world, i would struggle to put them in the top 10 or 12 or so.   Having said that by logic it is a little wierd, but i mean could you ever actually see the USA as one of the seeds? 

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon AN
Donic Desto F3BigSlam Max FH
LKT Rapid Speed 2.2 BH
packtim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 6:28pm

Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

The US is ranked over Italy AND Germany:) so we do have a chance...

Rooney is hurt for England...

Im not sure Brasil will prolly take it again..

As I have just posted previously, the world rankings mean jack,  You arent seriouslt implying the USA are better than Germany or Italy are you?

LKT Rapid Speed 2.2 BH
leoniedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoniedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 7:16pm
Some people actually do think that US is a great team ! Sorry,falks to disappoint you, but it is not true. To be a good team, the notion of "school" is required. There is no "school" of soccer in the US - prof. league is at the 2-nd england division level. No traditions exist as well. So, do not expect much from US and very likely the interest to soccer will go down after this tournament, unless they will win, which is not likely - sad story the same path as with any sport (tt included) except for big four and car races.
leoniedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoniedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 7:18pm
Oh, yes and poker, bawling, darts, WWE or WWF ???.
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 11:57pm

some of my favorites in this years WC are kaka, lampard, makelele and requelme... i feel one of these players will be WC2006 MVP. my perception on ronaldinho is that he is a good as a footballer as he is (better than park ji sung or kolo toure or hidetoshi nakata or zlatan ibrahimovic) but at the same time he is being over hyped. one reason is that his sponsors are nike....nike are good with advertising campaign and a good paymasters ... so as beckham with adidas+pepsi. on the other hand ronaldo in his prime is world class compared to ronaldinho (now in his prime) but as you see he is now on the down side. just my 2 cents...hey no hard feelings man...chill

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 12:21am
Woo!
Aus def Japan 3-1 in the final 8 minutes!
Potato Face
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:41am
Yes that was a good display.  3 goals in 8 mins at this level is incredble.  Now why couldnt the US do that.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
packtim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 4:49am

Yes that was a good display.  3 goals in 8 mins at this level is incredble.  Now why couldnt the US do that.

Because, I am sad to say, they lack the creativity, and the power up front that Australia have.  They are also playing the Czech Republic who are a very good side, were as Australia were playing Japan. Japan areno mugs, but nowhere near the Czechs. 

LKT Rapid Speed 2.2 BH
waldiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waldiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 7:10am
besides brasil the czech Republic is the best. they were great against usa.
Blade: KLS
FH: Bryce
BH: Nittaku hammand
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 1:54pm
ignore the fifa rankings. they are total nonsense.the way teams are seeded in their world cup groups is down to previous world cup performances.the u.s world ranking is so high as they play poor teams generally from central america and the caribbean. the u.s are a half decent team and dont find it difficult to beat the small concaf nations so their win ratio is high giving them a good world ranking. as i said before ,their real ranking is probably about 20th.maybe a bit higher. nobody seems to be saying much about argentina here, or spain or netherlands. spain have a good side and argentina look excellent. and as for all you people saying ronaldinho is overrated, just wait until you see him have a good game. it is jaw dropping to see what he can do with a ball. as for czechs? good side but koller and baros are injured now. could cause them problems. i would like to see them , or spain or netherlands win it though, instead of one of the big teams that win all the time.
Fraziel,
rohitsu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:19pm
i want korea to go all the way! I'm rooting for australia as well
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:32pm

tss number 5 usa, because they only play against carabian ilands like jamacia and other and mexico and other countries there . Whoo thats difficult, then Togo wil be numer 10 too

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by kollins kollins wrote:

the usa is gonna piss you all off, again!

no i do't think so my friend    CZE 3-0 USA hmm yes thats not so good

ttplayer05 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 3:31pm
yes the czechs were impressive, its a shame about koller being injured as well as boros, that could be a problem for them. France drew with Switzerland, thats not so good!
waldiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waldiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 5:32pm
after I saw Brasil i think yet CZE is the best. But it is soon to Judge. we should see Spain tomorrow. Although in the future Brasil will improve.
Blade: KLS
FH: Bryce
BH: Nittaku hammand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic