Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTT Contender Tunis 2022, 8/1-6
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTT Contender Tunis 2022, 8/1-6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 10:27am

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 10:37am
ZR didn’t look happy?
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 11:09am
Originally posted by troubadour troubadour wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Shindong shouldn't have taken the risk of putting a pin in her wrist. Nothing to gain here.
Her injuries has set her back quite a bit, Kim Nayeong or is it Hayeong is looking better than her of recent, and showing more potential too
CIC easily beat SYB and easily lost to Nagasaki. SYB and Nagasaki are obviously very different players, but similar enough in level.  So I can only conclude that SYB continues to suffer wrist pain.  It's tough when you're that young you're always wanting to play, but she needed to have sufficient time to heal.  
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Harimoto Miwa still has 102 days for trying to break Ito Mima's performance when she won the German open (14 years and 153 days). 

She will have a few opportunities to do it in the next 3 months: today in Tunis, in Olomouc, probably Muscat, Almaty, Novo Gorica

Regarding the doubles, Ito's record is out of reach for a long time IMO.

Anyway stats say that japanese underperform at OG and WTTC. no matter who they beat at wtt tour they lack the grit to face  big tournaments.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 11:54am

Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 11:55am
Disappointed in singles, but Tomo really made up for it in doubles. He was especially good in the Men's Doubles both with the BH flick receives and had some FH winners as well.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 12:08pm

Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I could be wrong, but it looked like a bit of gamesmanship by ZR.  In one of the deuce in the 7th points, Harimoto crouching down to serve, ZR suddenly raises her hand and looks at the umpire as if to slow down Miwa.  In any case, Miwa has a ton of fight in her.  Her forehand was a bit inconsistent at the end, but there's a lot to get excited about in the near future.

TTslurp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTslurp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 12:58pm
Zeio, can u please just paste the links? Now suddenly the forum require annoyingly much scrolling.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 1:57pm
personally, i like the pictures 
apacible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apacible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 2:04pm

Harimoto Miwa still has 102 days for trying to break Ito Mima's performance when she won the German open (14 years and 153 days). 

She will have a few opportunities to do it in the next 3 months: today in Tunis, in Olomouc, probably Muscat, Almaty, Novo Gorica

Some historical stats/records to ponder upon after this WTT Contender Tunis tournament:

Today, Miwa Harimoto is 14 years and 50 days old.
Had Miwa won the singles final today, she would have broken three records. 
  1. As kakapo mentioned, Mima Ito's record of youngest singles winner (female). She won the 2015 German Open when she was 14 years and 152 days old.
  2. Miyuu Kihara's record of being the youngest ever to win TWO titles at an open international tournament. Kihara won singles and women's doubles in the 2019 Croatia Open when she was 14 years and 278 days old. Miwa had the chance to win both the Mixed Doubles and Women's Singles titles in this tournament.
  3. Tomokazu's record of youngest singles winner (male or female) to win on the tour. He won the 2017 Czech Open when he was 14 years and 61 days old
There's still time for Miwa to break the first two records mentioned above, but it looks like her brother's record is going to stay safe for a while. As a consolation prize, Miwa did break a record: Shin Yubin's Record for Youngest Player to win a World Tour Mixed Doubles Title. Together with Cho Daeseong, she won the 2019 Czech Open Mixed Double Title over Mizutani/Ito in the final when she was 15 years and 50 days old. Not that Miwa really needs any consolation prize for missing the chance to break her brother's record given that her ultimate goal in the long-term is to take big titles. Breaking records is just icing on the cake for her.

Speaking of Miwa's brother, after winning this Men's Doubles title in Tunis, he joins a select group of players to have a "full house of tour titles" as dubbed by in Issue 110, April 2021 of the Swaythling Magazine. More accurately, it was dubbed so in one of the Articles Titled "ITTF World Tour 25 Years." The article itself covers pages 38-45 but the relevant fact I am referring to is found on page 45 itself. The April 2021 of the Swaythling Magazine can be viewed here.

"Four men have a full house of Tour titles (men's singles, men's doubles, mixed doubles, under 21 men's singles): Jang Woojin, Lin Gaoyuan, Lin Yun-Ju, Jun Mizutani." Tomokazu Harimoto gets added to this list after finally winning his first international Men's Doubles Title in Tunis today.

"Three women have a full house of Tour titles (women's singles, women's doubles, mixed doubles, under 21 women's singles): Hina Hayata, Mima Ito, Jeon Jihee." *Wang Yidi gets added to this list after winning a women's doubles title and two mixed doubles titles in the 2021 WTT Contender. Slovenia Hub.

Coincidentally, Issue 110, April 2021 of the Swaythling Magazine has feature articles on both of the young and talented runners-up of the WTT Tunis Tournament: a Lebrun Family Article called "VIVE LA difference!" (pages 20-23) and a Miwa Harimoto Article called "Miwa Harimoto marathon effort" (pages 30-31). Again, these articles can be viewed in the April 2021 of the Swaythling Magazine
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2022 at 4:36pm
Wow at Miwa! Couldn't believe she actually almost came back from 7-10 but I think the spin variations from the pips destroyed her rhythm at the end causing those unforced errors. 

That BH opening loop really looks nasty to deal with, so much spin just like Wang Manyu's (although they have completely different stroke structures lol).

Kudos to Zhang Rui for holding her nerve and not making a LGY LOL

Calderano had some crazy shotmaking, at one point he was just crushing everything that came long just like Ryu Seung Min in the 2004 OG Clap
-------
Viscaria
FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
Catenaccio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catenaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:35am
Alexis Lebrun is touching his BH rubber with both his index finger and his middle finger when doing a pendulum serve. Has anyone here tried this?

Edited by Catenaccio - Yesterday at 4:40am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:55am

I could be wrong, but it looked like a bit of gamesmanship by ZR.  In one of the deuce in the 7th points, Harimoto crouching down to serve, ZR suddenly raises her hand and looks at the umpire as if to slow down Miwa.  In any case, Miwa has a ton of fight in her.  Her forehand was a bit inconsistent at the end, but there's a lot to get excited about in the near future.

It's part of the game.

Harimoto didn't seem to mind it as she applauded for ZR(to Tieba users' delight) during the award ceremony. And according to one Tieba post, Harimoto even told ZR that she was amazing. Harimoto further congratulated ZR on her instagram, saying "she will beat her before she retires—rather, next time."

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7963230991?pid=145008965147&cid=0#145008965147

Edited by zeio - Yesterday at 8:29am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:23am

Speaking of records for the youngest, Miwa's record of being the youngest in T-League will be broken by Misora Matsushima (Terusora Matsushima's younger sister).  She's 9 years old and will be part of a new T-League women's team, Kyoto Kaguya Rise.  She's not expected to win anytime soon just as Miwa wasn't when she first joined.  But I think it's pretty cool how Miwa's success paved the way for future generations.  
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 12 minutes ago at 11:16am
LOL at the father, sister, brother interaction after the XD final.

https://youtu.be/3P2LyOeqDcQ?t=15181
Dad: (Fist bumps) Good daughter(a pat on the shoulder). You stubborn son! What did I tell you? FH, FH, FH...and you wouldn't have gotten yourself into a pickle.
Brother: FH? Swinging like this?
Dad: Yes, yes, like your sister there. She's going to become the Perfect Harimoto. Listen, Miwa, don't become like your brother. You're gonna be the Harimoto Dream from now on! Reflect on your yourself, you stubborn son! FH, FH, FH...
Brother: (Picks up his racket case) Nah, 反手才是王道, otousan(BH is the Kingly Way, dad!)[Ironically, 王道 in Japanese can also mean shortcut] Look how many points I won with my BH, swinging like this. BH, BH, BH...
Dad: Bull! FH is the way to go, you stubborn son!
Sister: I'm beat, dad.
Dad: Come here, I'll give you a massage. (Squeeze x 6) How is it now?
Sister: You suck, dad! (Ouch!)
Staff: Excuse me? Award ceremony now.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91046&PID=1127361&title=the-end-of-the-harimoto-dream#1127361
https://www.butterfly.co.jp/takurepo/interview/detail/020956.html
Quote お父さんともよくバックハンドの方が大事だねという話はしています。お父さんとは1、2年前くらいまではけんかというか、言い合いにな�£たりすることもありましたが、今はいい関係です。

I always tell my dad that the BH is more important. I used to bicker, even get into arguments with my dad 1 to 2 years ago, but now we are on good terms.

Edited by zeio - 18 hours 21 minutes ago at 3:07pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 40 minutes ago at 1:48pm

LOL at the father, sister, brother interaction after the XD final.

https://youtu.be/3P2LyOeqDcQ?t=15215
Dad: (Fist bumps) Good daughter(a pat on the shoulder). You stubborn son! What did I tell you? FH, FH, FH...and you wouldn't have gotten yourself into a pickle.
Brother: FH? Swinging like this?
Dad: Yes, yes, like your sister there. She's going to become the Perfect Harimoto. Listen, Miwa, don't become like your brother. You're gonna be the Harimoto Dream from now on! Reflect on your yourself, you stubborn son! FH, FH, FH...
Brother: (Picks up his racket case) Nah, 反手才是王道(BH is the Kingly Way, dad![Ironically, 王道 in Japanese can also mean shortcut) Look how many points I won with my BH, swinging like this. BH, BH, BH...
Dad: Bull! FH is the way to go, you stubborn son!
Sister: I'm beat, dad.
Dad: Come here, I'll give you a massage. (Squeeze x 6) How is it now?
Sister: You suck, dad! (Ouch!)
Staff: Excuse me? Award ceremony now.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91046&PID=1127361&title=the-end-of-the-harimoto-dream#1127361
https://www.butterfly.co.jp/takurepo/interview/detail/020956.html
Quote お父さんともよくバックハンドの方が大事だねという話はしています。お父さんとは1、2年前くらいまではけんかというか、言い合いにな�£たりすることもありましたが、今はいい関係です。

I always tell my dad that the BH is more important. I used to bicker, even get into arguments with my dad 1 to 2 years ago, but now we are on good terms.

To Zeio: Very well done!  Bravo!

Thanks.
"I only said I was the greatest, not the smartest." Muhammad Ali
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 35 minutes ago at 3:53pm

1st senior singles title for Zhang Rui(3x U21 titles) after so many years. Sun Mingyang is so jealous.
how many real chances did she have so far? I mean tournaments she played where there were no LSW, DN, ,ZYL, CM, WY, WMY, SYS, Cxt. She was originally destinated to be an Ito clone ( even if her SP use is obviously different) and like HZJ, she has managed having decent results

ZR started competing internationally in 2013, at 16. Didn't play in 2016 and 2021.

Her first senior event was China Open 2017, where she lost 1-4 to FTW in R32(2nd round of main draw). She also lost to Hamamoto in Grp, Maeda in U21 R16, and Yu Fu in Pre-R32. Against teammates, she beat WYD twice in R16(then lost to Gu Ruochen in QF) and U21 F and Chen Ke in U21 SF.

In 2018, she lost to Ito, CSY, and Shibata. Against teammates, she beat Sun Mingyang in U21 QF, and lost to CXT twice in R32(1st round) and QF, HZJ in U21 R16, WYD in U21 F, DN in R32(1st round), and Chen Ke in U21 SF.

In 2019, she lost to Sato in R32(1st round). Against teammates, she beat FSQ in SF at Universiade, and lost to LSW in R32(1st round), DN in R32(1st round), Liu Fei in Pre-R32, WYD twice in R16 and F at Universiade.

In 2020, she only lost to LSW in R16 and WYD in R32.

In 2022, she lost to Bernadette in R32, Kihara in QF, CSY in QF, and Hashimoto in R32. Against teammates, she beat Qi Fei in R64 and FSQ in QF, and lost to FSQ in F.

Given the above, she had her chances in 2017(2x U21 titles), the year before the World Ranking reform that forced top players to participate more often, but 2022 is really the year for her, benefiting from the PDR.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 57 minutes ago at 7:31am

1st senior singles title for Zhang Rui(3x U21 titles) after so many years. Sun Mingyang is so jealous.
how many real chances did she have so far? I mean tournaments she played where there were no LSW, DN, ,ZYL, CM, WY, WMY, SYS, Cxt. She was originally destinated to be an Ito clone ( even if her SP use is obviously different) and like HZJ, she has managed having decent results

ZR started competing internationally in 2013, at 16. Didn't play in 2016 and 2021.

Her first senior event was China Open 2017, where she lost 1-4 to FTW in R32(2nd round of main draw). She also lost to Hamamoto in Grp, Maeda in U21 R16, and Yu Fu in Pre-R32. Against teammates, she beat WYD twice in R16(then lost to Gu Ruochen in QF) and U21 F and Chen Ke in U21 SF.

In 2018, she lost to Ito, CSY, and Shibata. Against teammates, she beat Sun Mingyang in U21 QF, and lost to CXT twice in R32(1st round) and QF, HZJ in U21 R16, WYD in U21 F, DN in R32(1st round), and Chen Ke in U21 SF.

In 2019, she lost to Sato in R32(1st round). Against teammates, she beat FSQ in SF at Universiade, and lost to LSW in R32(1st round), DN in R32(1st round), Liu Fei in Pre-R32, WYD twice in R16 and F at Universiade.

In 2020, she only lost to LSW in R16 and WYD in R32.

In 2022, she lost to Bernadette in R32, Kihara in QF, CSY in QF, and Hashimoto in R32. Against teammates, she beat Qi Fei in R64 and FSQ in QF, and lost to FSQ in F.

Given the above, she had her chances in 2017(2x U21 titles), the year before the World Ranking reform that forced top players to participate more often, but 2022 is really the year for her, benefiting from the PDR.
Being a CNT member in her prime, that 0-3 loss to Bernadette Szocs is just shocking to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic