Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTTC Busan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTTC Busan
    Posted: 02/07/2024 at 11:36am
The event starts in 8 days and.....no selection has been revealed.....Are they going to wait till the last day on WTT or ITTF ? 
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Sponsored Links

Michael WF View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael WF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2024 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

no selection has been revealed.....Are they going to wait till the last day on WTT or ITTF ? 

What selection ?  Teams ? Players ? Schedules ?
All the information is at the following three webpages

I thought I saw the list of players for each team on WTT website but it seems to have disappeared 

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2024 at 1:50am
selections are not the countries but the players
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2024 at 3:07pm
I saw something mentioned about a change in deciding to award individual ranking points here. I wonder if any teams will make last-minute changes in players as a result.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2024 at 2:02am
Having qualified for the team event of Paris 2024 at Pan-Am Champs 2023:
Amy and Lily won't play;
Calderano won't play.

https://weibo.com/7360795486/NFBXvEFbO
Quote 王艾米、张安选择不参加釜山世乒赛,美国女团由柯幸怡、凯拉·古德温、杰西卡·雷耶斯·赖、艾米莉·谭、Amber LIU出战;此前美国女团已在泛美洲奥运团体资格赛上获得了2024巴黎奥运会女子团体参赛资格

https://weibo.com/7360795486/NFBxTdAJu
Quote 雨果·卡尔德拉诺将不会参加釜山世乒赛,巴西男团由维特·艾什、吉列尔姆·特奥多罗、石田·卡洛斯出战;此前巴西男团已在泛美洲奥运团体资格赛上获得了2024巴黎奥运会男子团体参赛资格

https://www.ittf.com/tournament/2789/2023%20ITTF%20Pan%20American%20Championships/
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/2023_1_ITTF_PAN_AM_Champs_prospectus-CUBA.pdf
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
jbvphcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbvphcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2024 at 10:41am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Having qualified for the team event of Paris 2024 at Pan-Am Champs 2023:
Amy and Lily won't play;
Calderano won't play.

https://weibo.com/7360795486/NFBXvEFbO
Quote 王艾米、张安选择不参加釜山世乒赛,美国女团由柯幸怡、凯拉·古德温、杰西卡·雷耶斯·赖、艾米莉·谭、Amber LIU出战;此前美国女团已在泛美洲奥运团体资格赛上获得了2024巴黎奥运会女子团体参赛资格

https://weibo.com/7360795486/NFBxTdAJu
Quote 雨果·卡尔德拉诺将不会参加釜山世乒赛,巴西男团由维特·艾什、吉列尔姆·特奥多罗、石田·卡洛斯出战;此前巴西男团已在泛美洲奥运团体资格赛上获得了2024巴黎奥运会男子团体参赛资格

https://www.ittf.com/tournament/2789/2023%20ITTF%20Pan%20American%20Championships/
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/2023_1_ITTF_PAN_AM_Champs_prospectus-CUBA.pdf

I’m not understanding why they wouldn’t play in Busan just because they qualified for Paris Teams at Pan Am Champs.
Seems to me unless injured, you have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and maybe a few ranking points.
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2024 at 10:59am
Also, FWIW, Lily qualified for the Olympic singles by winning the WTT Feeder Manchester.
She certainly has enough WTTC (and international) experience and doesn't need more. At the last World Teams in Chengdu, it seemed like she was often trying to keep USA alive in each team match, to give her teammates more matches to play.

I wonder if Lily and Amy would have had to go through the US team trials.
Anyways, hopefully it will give valuable experience to the players who qualified and will be going.

Edited by dewnyc - 02/09/2024 at 11:49am
jbvphcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbvphcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2024 at 3:17pm
WTT now has the list of players for each men’s and women’s team. The 2022 WTTTC saw a lack of depth in each country’s teams save for China. Early on when I thought I’d seen a glimpse of the team selections, I got the idea countries would be sending their top players. Now that the selections have been named I’m not sure the representation of top players is any better than 2022. Even China’s holding back a bit this year. Is it that even with the introduction of World Ranking Points that there aren’t enough on offer?

Here is the list I compiled of notable top 100 names missing from men’s and women’s teams meaning they won’t be playing in Busan:

Men 

Fan Zhendong

Felix Lebrun

Hugo Calderano

Lin Yun-Ju

Tomokazu Harimoto

Dang Qui

Quadri Aruna

Jang Woojin

Darko Jorgic

Truls Moregard

Marcos Freitas

Liam Pitchford

Anders Lind

Nicola Lum

Wong Chun Ting 

Tomislav Pucar

Quek Izaac

Alvaro Robles (COUNTRY NOT QUALIFIED)

Women 

Sun Yingsha

Hina Hayata

Shin Yubin 

Ying Han (INJURED)

Cheng I-Ching

Adriana Diaz

Bernie Szocs

Xiaoxin Yang (COUNTRY NOT QUALIFIED)

Jia Nan Yuan 

Joo Cheonhui 

Nina Mittelham

Bruna Takahashi

Sofia Polcanova

Linda Bergstrom

Lily Zhang

Amy Wang

Manika Batra

Orawan Paranang

Kim Nayeong

Zhu Chengzhu

Xia Lian Ni

Natalia Bajor 

Fu Yu

Lou Hsing-Yin

Point out anyone I’ve missed 
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2024 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by jbvphcc jbvphcc wrote:

WTT now has the list of players for each men’s and women’s team. The 2022 WTTTC saw a lack of depth in each country’s teams save for China. Early on when I thought I’d seen a glimpse of the team selections, I got the idea countries would be sending their top players. Now that the selections have been named I’m not sure the representation of top players is any better than 2022. Even China’s holding back a bit this year. Is it that even with the introduction of World Ranking Points that there aren’t enough on offer?

Here is the list I compiled of notable top 100 names missing from men’s and women’s teams meaning they won’t be playing in Busan:

In a quick scan, I saw most of the players you mentioned, listed on the WTTC Player List, at https://worldtabletennis.com/teamseventInfo?selectedTab=Player%20List&eventId=2751

jbvphcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbvphcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2024 at 5:36pm
In a quick scan, I saw most of the players you mentioned, listed on the WTTC Player List, at https://worldtabletennis.com/teamseventInfo?selectedTab=Player%20List&eventId=2751

I see what you say. That’s from the WTT website. It appears that they’re listing the top five eligible players from each of the qualified teams-countries.

I got my information from the WTT app that’s more specific.
China men’s for example

Unfortunately it’s not letting me post the screen captures I took to demonstrate.

Try the WTT app if you have it

Edited by jbvphcc - 02/13/2024 at 5:37pm
jbvphcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbvphcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2024 at 10:22am

To support my post on the thread yesterday, I took screenshots on my phone of the players that were listed when you chose entry lists which gave you the countries then when you selected the country it gave the list of players. Unfortunately the screenshots are the incorrect file type to upload.

At this point the player list on the app appears to have left off the top ranked player of each country’s men’s and women’s team making my original post look silly. (Can anyone else look at their app and confirm what I’m seeing there?)

As dewnyc pointed out through his link to the WTT website, as opposed to the app it has far different information as to who’s on each team. They also have an article out today available on both app and website confirming the presence of the defending champions along with all the top players from each country save for anyone who’s injured.

Apologies to all!

This now looks like a well attended WTTTC!

Edited by jbvphcc - 02/14/2024 at 10:23am
jbvphcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbvphcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 6:26pm
WTT’s app has been corrected and now shows the same players for each country’s team as does their website.

It looks like each country is going to be represented by their top players.

However notably not showing now is Hugo Calderano
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 8:33pm
Matches have started!
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 8:54pm
fyi, in the US, Table 1 is on ESPN3. Search for "ITTF".

Ayhika Mukherjee beats Sun Yingsha 3-1 to start things off for India women

Edited by dewnyc - 02/15/2024 at 8:55pm
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 10:13pm
Akula with a 3-0 win over Wang Yidi, giving India a 2-1 lead
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2024 at 11:06pm
Ma Lin has become The Nature Boy in the last match LOL!  Wooooh!
Dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2024 at 1:06am
Anders Lind !!!
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2024 at 10:56am
Originally posted by dewnyc dewnyc wrote:

Maybe would have been smart to play CXT in the middle.  CXT has beaten both Akula and Mukherjee, and WYD had no prior results against them.  

I guess ML/CNT took them lightly.  Unlikely that will happen again.  A place or two just opened up on the WCNT for the best junk rubber Chinese women to be sparring. 
RPB23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPB23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2024 at 1:44pm
Treating lightly? No way! A team of Sun Yinsha, Wang Manyu and Wang Yidi represents China's strong lineup. Chen Xingtong is ranked last in team China. Only possible lineup tweak is replacing Wang Yidi with Chen Meng.
The possible culprit for Sun and Wang's loss might be after dismissing Mima Ito's challenge, China thought they had solved pits play. Well, India's three pits players showed they hadn't. Without Wang Manyu's resilience and calmness, China would be beaten badly by the India.

It's shocking Sun was beaten by 1:3, quite convincingly. Wang Yidi's straight loss was even more shocking. Of course, Wang's collapse may have something to do with Sun's shocking defeat at a lowly ranked India player's hands. Wang Manyu is no doubt a hero in Chinese coaches' eyes. She should be very close securing a spot in Paris's single.

RPB23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RPB23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2024 at 1:57pm
Compared to Mima Ito, India's two new pits young players lack of the ability attacking from their backhands. However, they make up the deficiency by mainly focusing on more consistent soft dead ball block, and more importantly much better forehand attack. Both of them have  better forehand attack and counter attack than not only Ito but their older sister as well. 

India's third player Akula, IMO, is the strongest of the three players. Would love to see how she could do facing up Wang Manyu.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2024 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Originally posted by dewnyc dewnyc wrote:

Maybe would have been smart to play CXT in the middle.  CXT has beaten both Akula and Mukherjee, and WYD had no prior results against them.  

I guess ML/CNT took them lightly.  Unlikely that will happen again.  A place or two just opened up on the WCNT for the best junk rubber Chinese women to be sparring. 

Not sure how effective that would have been considering Chen Xingtong has lost to Yang Xiaoxin and Batra in the past 16 months.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 7:00am
Everybody knows Wang Yidi and Chen Xingtong do not like playing opponents with LP....
Chen Meng should have played instead of Wang yidi because CNT knew all Indian players are "material" players.
It was not really a surprise to see Wang Yidi losing......The big surprise was Sun Yingsha...totally messing her match.

Edited by kakapo - 02/17/2024 at 7:01am
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 10:54am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Everybody knows Wang Yidi and Chen Xingtong do not like playing opponents with LP....
Chen Meng should have played instead of Wang yidi because CNT knew all Indian players are "material" players.
It was not really a surprise to see Wang Yidi losing......The big surprise was Sun Yingsha...totally messing her match.

To be fair, Sun Yingsha's opponent was playing with frictionless antispin and either short or medium pips on the forehand. So even rarer than a LP blocker.
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 10:54am
All tables are on YouTube except table 1. YouTube boycotting China?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 11:05am
Originally posted by hleett hleett wrote:

No, here is today's table 1 live stream:

Edited by vvk1 - 02/17/2024 at 11:06am
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 11:14am
…not available in your country… 
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 12:20pm
It’s probably on a regional broadcaster, for example ESPN for US (on their app or website)

If you have a vpn, set it to a country not listed, and T1 will appear on YouTube. It has for me

Edited by dewnyc - 02/17/2024 at 12:21pm
mmxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 12:26pm

Because all table 1 matches are on ESPN3, and if you are in the US, you should be able to see ESPN3 live stream using either ESPN app or ESPN.com, search “table tennis” or “busan” to find the live feed at game time.

They also have “on-demand” feeds which I think are the recorded (table 1) matches after they have completed.

The good thing about ESPN3 feeds are they have commentators and better camera angle / sound qualities than WTT’s YouTube feeds (table 2-8).

Edited by mmxx - 02/17/2024 at 12:28pm
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 2:29pm
Thanks. ESPN works for me. But where did you find this info?
dewnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2024 at 2:53pm

Thanks. ESPN works for me. But where did you find this info?

Link on my previous post
ESPN has done something similar for past Worlds.
Searching for “ITTF” works for me, for finding the streams.

Also, if you access on YouTube through vpn, the commentary is the same

Edited by dewnyc - 02/17/2024 at 4:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic