Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka Gatien Carbon Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yaodc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaodc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Gatien Carbon Blade
    Posted: 10/29/2007 at 1:51am

Hi there,

I have a question about the gatien carbon blade. I currently have 2 but one of them, I bought from my coach, and the other I bought online. They are suppose to be the same but I notice the difference in the thickness of the carbon layer. The one which I got from my coach has the JTTAA mark but not the online one. I'll try to upload some pictures to explain myself.

Carbon Blade from coach
 Carbon Blade from online

Perhaps it can't be seen that well but the carbon layer is much thinner on the 2nd picture than the 1st. I want to purchase another carbon blade with a thicker layer but I don't know where to buy one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

yaodc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaodc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 2:00am
Here are some more pictures showing the layer of carbon of the JTTAA one:

And here are some pictures of the blade with the thinner layer of carbon:

Hope these pictures can clarify a bit more. When I play with these blades, the feeling is very different between the two but I like the JTTAA's feeling more. Perhaps I can only get the thicker carbon layer blade from Japan?

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 3:19am
The only place I've seen Yasaka blades with the sticker on the bottom are the ones from Japan.
Potato Face
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 3:59am
this is interesting.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 7:22am
iruiru.com
they have stiga, yasaka a donic all stamped with yasaka and jttaa on the bothom!
Its realy interesting i tought that the same blade can vary only in quality but the whole different material to be used its realy strange and frustrating in a way!:(
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 8:07am

is it possible that the other one might be fake? >_o...the two look so different...

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 1:10pm
It appears to me that the jtta blade is made with arylate/carbon and the other with carbon only.
I would assume this is due to different marketing plans for the varying regions.

I would like the the jtta blade better also!Thumbs%20Up
YEO

Boost TP
yaodc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaodc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 3:58pm
But shouldn't all gatien carbon blades be made with the same standards? I'm not sure if the thinner layer of carbon blade is a fake or not. Even from the yasaka website it shows an alternating black and white strip of the carbon (the bottom of the blade): http://www.yasaka.se/showprod.asp?prodID=6
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by yaodc yaodc wrote:

But shouldn't all gatien carbon blades be made with the same standards? I'm not sure if the thinner layer of carbon blade is a fake or not. Even from the yasaka website it shows an alternating black and white strip of the carbon (the bottom of the blade): http://www.yasaka.se/showprod.asp?prodID=6

Yes, they should, or so one would think.

But apparently this is not the case; but maybe you should attempt to contact Yasaka either directly or through a reputable distributor and find out if you have acquired a fake.  You can see some small difference in the handles color design between the two blades also. 
You could also inquire of the dealer you purchased the blade from, expressing your dissatisfaction with the it and perhaps you might get a refund.

Good luck!
YEO

Boost TP
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 7:01pm
My brother bought 2 YC in Japan Open this year and the layers was thin like the one you bought online. I don't belive Yasaka would sell fake blades in their stand at ITTF Pro Tour Japan Open..
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
culvch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culvch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 11:09pm
Hi All!

The blade from the coach looks like arylate carbon. Will it be a special made blade or your coach change the handle. As far as I know, Yasaka don't make arylate carbon blade especially for Gatien Carbon Model. 
CUL
STW 1Ply Hinoki C Pen
FH DHS PF4-50 (Red)
BH RITC 802-40 (Black)

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 2:09am
so which one is fake? or maybe one is modified?

culvch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culvch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 3:18am
If I ve not mistaken, the one from the coach is not Yasaka blade. It could be KLHS or TBS from Butterfly and your coach change the handle to Yasaka Gatien Carbon.

You may also notice that the handle on the blade from your coach is smaller. Normally the handle of blade from Butterfly is smaller compared to those of Yasaka.
CUL
STW 1Ply Hinoki C Pen
FH DHS PF4-50 (Red)
BH RITC 802-40 (Black)

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 4:33am
Originally posted by culvch culvch wrote:

If I ve not mistaken, the one from the coach is not Yasaka blade. It could be KLHS or TBS from Butterfly and your coach change the handle to Yasaka Gatien Carbon.

You may also notice that the handle on the blade from your coach is smaller. Normally the handle of blade from Butterfly is smaller compared to those of Yasaka.

From what yaodc has told me, the Gatien Carbon that his coach gave him(also my coach), was just a straight handle that was sanded and cut to resemble a flared handle.  That is why they look different.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 4:54am
so if it has the yasaka sticker on the bottom it means it made in japan??
Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 5:37am
yea, blade sort of looks like a timo boll.

yaodc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaodc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

Originally posted by culvch culvch wrote:

From what yaodc has told me, the Gatien Carbon that his coach gave him(also my coach), was just a straight handle that was sanded and cut to resemble a flared handle.  That is why they look different.

Yes, the blade that my coach gave me was a straight handle but he tried to sand and trim it into a flared. I think both of them are Yasaka blades (I don't think my coach would go through the hassle of changing the handle)

Handle of coach blade:

Handle of online blade:
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 5:48pm
why not? it's not really a hassle when they feel more comfortable with another handle. trust me, i bet people have changed their handles for whatever crazy reason.

chotter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 8:39pm
I know this one. You don't have to worry, they are both genuine! actually, they are both Yasaka blades, but the one with the thicker layer is older(I think more than 3-4 years old) and initially intended for the Asian market, the latter ones are mass made (for all regions) with improved techniques(I think) and have a thinner and different layer of carbon to lower the production costs. They should play similar, but the older ones seem to be made of more expensive (doesn't always mean better, but often is) material, while the latter ones are more mass made with different materials. Mass models seems often to miss the yasaka label on the back. But all blades should have the JTTA mark! Let me know if you feel difference in playing...
penholder
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2007 at 6:44pm
.....looking down on my Gatien Carbon. And it doesn't even look like yours two. WTF!!! Same colours but the patterns a little different.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

.....looking down on my Gatien Carbon. And it doesn't even look like yours two. WTF!!! Same colours but the patterns a little different.

This post is getting interesting.  Ginko Tai Kim, relax!  Smile The pattern on the handle (top and bottom pieces) is just slightly different from one blade to another.  The pattern is laid with color-stained wood pieces, arranged in different angles, and all glued together with other pieces that usually run straight, sort of sandwiched together.  Then it is cut into smaller chunks to make the top and bottom pieces to form the handle.  So when they cut it they don't always follow the pattern (as where it starts and where it ends or repeats).  That is why you can get two blades of the same model and the handles look a little bit different.  This is certainly true for Yasaka blades.  I have own 2 Yasaka GE and 2 GE 3D, at the same time, respectively.  Their handles look a bit different in the sense that the pattern is slightly off when comparing two of the same model.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 4:13am
If that's true, then I guess my one looks like the one you got from online.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 4:43pm
hi,
all YASAKA blades are made in one factory in Sweden and there are absolutely NOT more than one version of Gatien Carbon. the blades for japanese market has the sticker of the bottom..blades for rest of the world has not sticker but thats the only difference..looks like the coach blade is another one but changed handle.
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
yakov zhest View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakov zhest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2007 at 6:30pm
what is your opinion about this blade,guys?i don't have any experience with yasaka blades..i almost bought one today,but still can notget much feedback about gatien carbon by yasaka.could you share your thoughts?i would be very greatful.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2007 at 11:28pm
if you guys read the information of the blade carefully, it says that they've used a different technique for making the carbon blades like the in aviation or something. this means that it was constructed differently before.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakov zhest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2007 at 11:52pm
O! Ju Qian,so you do play with this blade?how long?
Trebor Renkluaf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trebor Renkluaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2007 at 8:58pm
Is it possible that one of the blades is the Extra 3D Soft Carbon version?
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 2.0

Blade: Stiga Hans Alser - 1983
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakov zhest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2007 at 5:07pm
i just received my blade and i does look like the second blade shown on your photogragh.the carbon layer is thin and there is no ittf imprint anywhere on the blade.that's strange ,too.
louis_wong27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louis_wong27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2007 at 10:42pm
thinner carbon blade is fake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2007 at 10:59pm
my thin carbon does have the jtta imprint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic